Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove names from above people's heads

Hi,
    I was wondering if it is at all possible to remove the names of enemies from above their heads. Instead of displaying thier names, maybe just a string of symbols to denote another player. Also, the showing of the name in green in the middle of the screen when a player is targetted for a few seconds, would need to be removed.

I am hoping that someone could just point me in the right direction (which classes to extend/override) so I could make an attempt to create the mutator myself.

have you tried turning off "Team Beacons" under the Game Settings tab? Hope that helps ya. Peace

Comment

Is this for UT2004? If so, what about the "Show Enemy Names" option in Settings -> HUD? The description says "Display enemies' names above their heads"... but it actually shows that green text in the center of the screen when you target them.

Huh, I would've thought there was a "Team Beacons" option, but I can't seem to find it. Didn't see it in the Game Rules (TDM, TAM or CTF) or HUD settings...

There are a bunch of settings in the user.ini under [Engine.PlayerController], though:
      Code:
      TeamBeaconMaxDist=4000.000000
      TeamBeaconPlayerInfoMaxDist=1200.000000
      TeamBeaconTexture=TeamSymbols.TeamBeaconT
      TeamBeaconTeamColors[0]=(B=0,G=0,R=180,A=255)
      TeamBeaconTeamColors[1]=(B=200,G=80,R=80,A=255)
      TeamBeaconCustomColor=(B=0,G=255,R=255,A=255)
      TeamBeaconUseCustomColor=True
      If you set TeamBeaconMaxDist to 0, that disables team beacons.

If you really want to change the team beacons, this function (in Pawn) may be of interest:
      Code:
      simulated event PostRender2D(Canvas C, float ScreenLocX, float ScreenLocY)
        // called if bScriptPostRender is true, overrides native team beacon drawing code
      {
      	local PlayerController PC;

PC = Level.GetLocalPlayerController();

if ( (PC != None) && (PC.myHUD != None) )
      		PC.myHUD.DrawCustomBeacon(C,self, ScreenLocX, ScreenLocY);
      }
      And in HUD:
      Code:
      function DrawCustomBeacon(Canvas C, Pawn P, float ScreenLocX, float ScreenLocY)
      To do it from a mutator/interaction, you could disable the default team beacons (PlayerController.TeamBeaconMaxDist=0) and then draw your own.

Comment

I am wondering if there is a way to remove the same "Team Beacon" for bot teammates. I tried setting TeamBeaconMaxDist=0, but that doesn't seem to do anything at all really. I also tried creating a subclass of XPawn and setting bScriptPostRender to true, but I'm not sure where to assign the Boolean. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit View Post
          I am wondering if there is a way to remove the same "Team Beacon" for bot teammates. I tried setting TeamBeaconMaxDist=0, but that doesn't seem to do anything at all really. I also tried creating a subclass of XPawn and setting bScriptPostRender to true, but I'm not sure where to assign the Boolean. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
          Try 1....0=null

Comment

Try toggling the bNoTeamBeacon variable in the Pawn class.

Comment

Working...
            X