UT2k7 Rocket Launcher.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2k7 Rocket Launcher.

If anybody has the time to do the follwing, I would greatly appreciate the effort:

I would like to see the UT2k4 Rocket Launcher to work like the UT2k7 RL as we currently know it might work:

LMB: Single, instant Rocket
    RMB: Charging up to 3 Rockets/Grenades

While RMB is down:
    1st LMB-tap = Spiral Rockets
    2nd LMB-tap = Grenades (the AR-Grenades could be used as projectiles).
    3rd LMB-tap = lstarting at 1s again... ...and so on.

We could see if it is too hard to use in Action as some people claim and others don't.

Thanks in Advance.

Well I can help alittle on this perhaps, I cant write the whole thing myself though because Im busy. Im guessing a good start would be a firemode and a dummy weapon that extends rox, perhaps an interaction or something for some onscreen display of the current mode.

Fueg, wasnt there rox nades for the classic rox in 2k4 hehe

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus
      Fueg, wasnt there rox nades for the classic rox in 2k4 hehe
      Don't know.
      BTW, I am busy too programming. And I like concentrating on one project (especially when I make money from it). I also needed to learn the class structure of UT2k4 and all the functions (the scrpt-language itself is not the problem), so it would take quite long.

Comment

Very good idea. I would love to see this happen, more practice for 2K7.
        (See http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=551472 for more info)

Comment

fueg would you mind if i post my theory on how the 2006 RL firing system, i dont want to hi-jack the thread or anything, id just like someone to code my concept. is that ok?

Comment

Speaking of color... I really hope this is a teamcolored energy shield effect and not some default "omg j00 hit teh enmy with enforsurz!!11lol" effect.

Comment

Originally posted by {SM}LeadSniper
              fueg would you mind if i post my theory on how the 2006 RL firing system
              No, go ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                Speaking of color... I really hope this is a teamcolored energy shield effect and not some default "omg j00 hit teh enmy with enforsurz!!11lol" effect.

Nope. The bright-redness hit-effect has shown up in several of the gameplay videos already. Hopefully it'll be configurable.

Comment

yeah its not even in the newest UT2k7 trailer.

Comment

since fueg gave me permission here's my system theory i'd like turned into mod
                    i believe one should be able to spam grenades as well as rockets so my theory goes along these lines:
                    lmb click and hold-> insta rockets
                    rmb click and hold-> insta grenades
                    lmb D click and hold-> charge rockets[flat]-> click rmb once-> rockets[spiral]-> click rmb again-> charge grenades[flat]-> click rmb again-> charge grenades[tight pack]-> click rmb again-> back to charge rockets[flat]
                    the cycle goes on and on till get to last round for charge then mode is locked the system is almost identical for grenades which is as follows:
                    rmb D click and hold-> charge grenades[flat]-> click lmb once-> grenades[tight pack]-> click lmb again-> charge rockets[flat]-> click lmb again-> charge rockets[spiral]-> click lmb again-> back to charge grenade[flat]
                    as boska keeps stating the original thread how holding for instant [insert projectile name here] is 20 ms or something faster than clicking for each [insert projectile name here] i say if you want instant rockets, fine, but i want is instant grenades so i spam them around a corner or down a hole, ect. if it helps i think the way to do D click threashhold i would suggest looking at the dodge jump command, its where i got the idea from lol. so instead of D clicking up to dodge foward D clicking and holding lmb would charge rockets. its simpler than it sounds, though... im not a real good coder so thats not my call. is someone can do this for me that would be great.

Comment

HOw about just UT07 weapons??????!

Comment

Originally posted by {SM}LeadSniper
                        lmb click and hold-> insta rockets
                        lmb D click and hold-> charge rockets[flat]
                        You can't double-click without single-clicking. You'd have to introduce a 200ms delay to detect the difference between a "hold" and a "double-click". That pretty much removes the whole idea of insta rockets. Even single-click rockets would be more insta than that.

Comment

Try "3rd fire"

Hold alt: tap primary

or

Hold alt: tap primary , release

Many UC2 weapons use that, and I'm sure we'll see a good bit of it in UT07.

For instace the 6 drunken Rox in UC2 is:

Hold alt till 3 come out, then tap primary, WHILE STILL HOLDING ALT, to split each rocket into two, thus creating 6 Rox.

OR the UC2 shock:

use Alt to launch "shcok core ball".
                          W/O letting go of alt, tap primary to freeze it in the air.

IF you stop and think about it, 2k4's translocator has three firing modes: with the previous weapon swithc feature.

Comment

How 'bout...

Hold primary: Shoot single rockets
                            Hold alt, tap primary: Switch between flat and spiral rockets
                            Hold alt, hold primary: 'nades!

Comment

Those who can, just did.

Comment

Working...
                              X