Is this possible in unreal 04?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this possible in unreal 04?

hey everybody, my name is Ali Shirazi and i'm currently a senior at my high school. Me and a couple of people at the school joined up in a project where we're assigned to make a simulation for some sort for some big convention in november. After a lot of engine suggestions and ideas, we decided to use unreal tournament 2004 to create a track simulation....

In the track simulation, the character would race a set distance(300 meters, 400 meters) and we would use a pad, like a ddr one, to simulate you running. basically the old nintendo pad concept that you hit two buttons consecutively to increase your speed. We also aim to purchase sensors that the simulator will put on and measure his/her pulse and body temperature and then dispaly on-screen as the person is running.

we think its a pretty good idea but we've never really used the unreal engine and are currently watching the tutorials that came with the editor's choice edition. It would help if we got informatoin on how we would go about inputting the pad and the sensory information into the game just to have a basic idea of it. My email is segaplayer@gmail.com if you want to email me personally or just please respond in the thread. would really appreciate any help! Thanks

Ali Shirazi
    NCTHS high school

The only way i know of to get real time data into unreal is to use networking. Like set up a tcp server that sends updates to the game. Should not be that hard to implement.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Creating_A_TCP_Client

Comment

think you'll have to create a 'pawn' and assign some key alias's to it.. not really very sure but maybe this is more of a scripting project try asking how to start in the scripting forums you'll probably get more feedback

Comment

Working...
      X