Reworking Bloodloss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reworking Bloodloss

I'm no coder, so if I could just humbly ask anyone to rework kritanta's Bloodloss mutator...

To those who don't know: Bloodloss is a mutator that adds the option of... well, blood loss. When your health dips below 75, your character starts to take constant damage and leave blood trails for other players to prey on you.

I love this MUT to death since it adds much strategy to the game (especially coupled with Ballistic Weapons... bloodloss + bloody hell = very red surroundings, hehe). The only thing lacking about it is the option to tweak at what health a player starts to lose blood (75 is just too high, IMHO), and by how much per how many seconds.

And another minor issue that was overlooked by kritanta was the blood-color of other races. No matter what character you use, you'll still bleed red.

It seems like kritanta is gone and has not been seen for quite a long time, so if anyone else can rework this mod, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a link to the MUT in case you need it:
    http://www.budtrimmer.com/BloodLoss.zip

Hey, glad you like it! Yeah, Krikanta seems to be gone, which is too bad cause afaik he was working on an improved version with more config options etc. But maybe Runestorm can integrate BloodLoss into their Bloody Hell mut, I'll contact them about it.

Comment

hm, it shouldn't be very hard to add some options to the mutator, i think the bigger problem is the question if kritanta want's that somebody changes his mutator...

Comment

Well, the mut was based on my idea, so I kinda "own" the concept (for UT2K4, anyway), while Kritanta "owns" the code. If RS agree to add the bleeding option to their Bloody Hell mut it will be coded from scratch, not simply copied (they like to do things their own way... ). But Kritanta can still get credit in the readme, and of course he's more than welcome to enhance the original mut. Never hurts to have a standalone version, after all!

Comment

Kritanta gave me the code for the mut, so it's no problem for me to add the options i'll post the mutator here when i've done it

Comment

Nice! So now the HP level at which you start to bleed and health loss per time unit will be configurable? You gonna fix those "all species bleeding red" and "bleeding vehicles" bugs too btw?

Comment

you can configurate more things now, but i have no idea how to find out what species a player is...

Comment

I see... So, when are you going to release the configurable version?

Comment

soon^^ i send it to kritanta first that he can try it^^

Comment

Whoa... Something's been brewing here and I missed it...!? Dang~

Comment

i fixed the bleeding vehicle bug...

and thanx to porkmanii i know how to make different blood colors. What do you think? Should aliens blood green? what can i do for the robots?

Comment

Originally posted by <|StP|>
                        i fixed the bleeding vehicle bug...
                        Yay!

and thanx to porkmanii i know how to make different blood colors. What do you think? Should aliens blood green? what can i do for the robots?
                        Yes, aliens should bleed green, and robots purple. Those are the UT defaults.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=551803

Comment

Working...
                          X