WORLD CHANGING MOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WORLD CHANGING MOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    Hi this is me with a mod idea that may change the faces of both UT AND online gaming
    Note: i do not know how 2 make UT mods, i just provide ideas!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    A UT2K4 "MMOFPS"
    :down: :up: ?????

EnD
    ...:noob: ... ...:noob: ... ...:noob: ...
    (rolls away)(by request of 4TX4) ;D

what the **** did you just say? :weird:

Comment

I give him 6 minutes.

Comment

This idea would take many, many years to be brought to reality, and only in case Epic would work on it.
        And a suggestion to help you remain here a bit longer:
        LESS EXCLAMATION MARKS!

Comment

lol mind sharing more then 12 words with us>?

Comment

Uh... yeah, right. I somehow expected something like this when I read the thread title, but I took a look anyway... sigh.

But now that I'm already here I can also take over the task to draw the bottom line, so that afterwards, this thread may descend into the depths of the forum, where it belongs.
            So, let me explain in a few words why you should better forget that you ever made a proposal like this:

Let's start with a pure fact: A UT2004 MMOFPS MOD is simply impossible. Period.
            So, you heard about all those Unreal Engine 2 MMORPGs out there, like Spellborn, Lineage 2 and stuff like that, and you thought just because UT2k4 uses the same engine it would be possible? Then let me assure you that this is not the case.
            A MMO requires completely different code, the whole Engine has to be changed, especially netcode- and mapwise: MMOs don't have "real" maps, but a whole world to display, which works completely different. And they support thousands of people at the same time while UT supports 32 (rumors go it could handle up to 64, never tested that). All in all, really deep engine changes would be required.
            A modder can not do this. All changes to the engine itself require an engine license (VERY expensive), lots of work and a huge amount of time, even for a whole team. And an MMO would require special servers to run the game on, which are also very expensive. Did I already say impossible for modders? Yeah, I think so.

But you know what? Game companies can do those things, and some of them already did. So, there is hope for you, because there's already a MMOFPS out there: Just try the 365-days-trial of Planetside, the only true MMOFPS to date. Or you could wait until Huxley comes out (that is, if your machine is able to run Unreal Engine 3).
            But please, never again post unrealistic proposals like this before you thought them through carefully. Thanks.

Greetings,
            Doc Shock

PS: Regarding BalticSailor's comment about exclamation marks: I second that, hurts my eyes...

Comment

ouch.

Comment

Heard the license for the unreal engine is worth 350000$, US of course.

Which is, well, huge.

Comment

350000$ + 3% royalty.
                  Without royalty it's 750000$

Comment

Uhm...

3% royalty = $400,000
                    100% royalty = $13,333,333

That's... quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X