Bullet/Damage Counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullet/Damage Counter

I have some funny idea. Would it be possible to create a server plugin or mutator that counts the number of bullets fired and the amount of damage created on the server an displays it somewhere. Or exports it in an HTML file or something like that.

It would be good to be able to see the counter without having to join the server and even without using UT.

Would be fun, if you could say at the end of a LAN Party: 500000 shots were fired the last days

I wrote this in the wrong threat... sry... o.o;; :

If you made a mutator which replaces each weapons with new weapons, which have other firing modes, which are similar to the origninals, so that the players don't notice any change, but with the one difference that each firing mode sets up a variable that counts, when firing modes are created -Whenever you fire a weapon in the map-.
    So in the end you could show this variable in a menu or whereever you want. Uhm... Maybe this mutator could replace the stats screen and show it there.
    I have too much to do, but it's not impossible if you can work a little with UScript.

Comment

Sounds good, but I have no idea of Uscript.
      I thought this mutator the be server side. The Server has to calculate all the bullets fired during the game. So it should somehow be possible the count them without replacing all the weapons. But like I said, I have no idea of Uscript or how UT works.

Comment

i'd find it cooler if when you die a mini window on the side shows up and shows the name of who you killed and how much damage you gave them and it would show who hit you and killed you. Now that would be a mut.

Comment

Yea, it's not what I had in mind, but its nice to. But does anyone have the skill, time and is also willing to programm this?

I think when UT2K7 is there I will also start learning Uscript

Comment

Yeah both mine and your ideas are great. I only wish that someone could make it.

Comment

Working...
            X