LeviCannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LeviCannon

This is a coding request sent to me by the friendly nemephosis.
    Unfortunately, I could not get it to work. Perhaps some other coder can.
    LeviCannon
    PRIMARY FIRE:
    Leviathan deployed ion cannon beam
    Should use 10 ammo for a little balance
    SECONDARY FIRE:
    Enlengthened link beam for reaching those faraway nodes.
    Will clone link beam but double length, so ammo will be the same as link
    AMMO:
    Starting: 100
    Max: 250
    Pickups: 50
    LOOKS:
    Ion painter model

bump: discontinued, code broke upon becoming a weapon firing mode instead of the levi's cannon. Maybe some other coder can get it, but I know that its not me

Comment

Yeah he tells me about the "fun" times he had trying to get it to work. I'm no coder so I have no idea why it doesn't, but apparently vehicle weapons throw a fit when you try to cram them into a player-held weapon.

Comment

Yeah. You pretty much have to look at the vehicle weaponfire code, figure out what it's doing (HurtRadius, spawning effects, etc.) and recreate that.

Comment

If you post the error in the ucc I might could help...:bulb:

Comment

It's not that simple, handheld weapons have completely different way of calculating things - you can use the same emitters but everything else must be written almost from scratch, at least when we're talking about levi beam.

Comment

From scratch? Nah... you just need to find the handheld equivalent bits to copy the vehicle code over to.

Comment

With most weapon, yes. But recreating levi cannon would be a little problematic. Believe me, tried that kind of things.

Comment

The only problem I see is keeping the wielder frozen in place while the singularity charges. The rest is just copy/paste. Sure, you may have to dig into ONSWeapon and copy/paste some from that too, but all in all the cannon still just executes a single function plus everything underneath that.

Comment

I would upload my source code, but none of it worked...
                    We can get the weapon to the point where it CAN fire, but nothing happens when we fire either mode

Comment

Originally posted by jaybud4
                      I would upload my source code, but none of it worked...
                      We can get the weapon to the point where it CAN fire, but nothing happens when we fire either mode
                      Actually, we get muzzle flashes, so that's not quite "nothing".

It's pretty much as good as nothing though.

Comment

I got it to work, modified PIC code by Mr. Evil for it, call me lazy if you wish, but it works. >_>

Comment

so........ could you post it?

Didn't really think that needed to be said, one would assume you'd do that already if you're saying you got it to work...

Comment

Originally posted by Nemephosis
                            so........ could you post it?

Didn't really think that needed to be said, one would assume you'd do that already if you're saying you got it to work...
                            Have to upload it somewhere first, as well as debugging some minor trivialities, still needs debugging for the beam. Stand still to fire.

http://3615tavie.free.fr/stuff/Wulff/MAS.rar

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Buggy
                              Have to upload it somewhere first, as well as debugging some minor trivialities, still needs debugging for the beam. Stand still to fire.

http://3615tavie.free.fr/stuff/Wulff/MAS.rar
                              Coulda used rapidshare or UT2003HQ or something.

I'll check it out, thanks.

edit: The pickupclass name is onslaughtfull.ONSPainterpickup. Isn't that just the target painter summon code?

So I can't summon this? I'm confused.

Comment

Working...
                              X