• Show
Clear All

UT Replicators - Anyone Interested?

Let me skip straight to the point.

(Spider Mines)
    +

(Skaarj Puoae)
    =
    [screenshot]http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/47/mirko401024x768iv7.jpg[/screenshot]
    (Replicators)

I'm looking for someone interested in modifying the Pupae in order to make it appear as a spider mine with a different skin. As of right now, I have worked with someone in the past who has given me some code you might be able to use. I also have high quality images of the replicator texture and I even have the replicator building blocks as a static mesh if that would help. Anyone interested in taking on this job would be able to make suggestions in order to improve the final result... as of right now the concept is basically change the look of a spider mine and make it act like a Pupae. Walking on walls and being able to reassemble are not required for this project to be successful.

Ideas and suggestions welcome.

that'd be awesome for Supersonic's Atlantis map!!!!!!! Replicator Invasion!!!!

Story:
    In a lake near a camp, theres a crashed Goa'uld battleship, the reason for the crash was pretty Uknown but now it seems it was infested with REPLICATORS! they have been laying dormantly until the Atlantis team arrived and started fighting off waves and waves of monsters............. Now for your enjoyment the Replicators have been awoken by the constant fighting and are trying to turn Atlantis into a Replicator Mothership to dominate the UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!
    Your Objective is simple:
    1: Fight off waves and waves of Replicators trying to get thru the gate
    2: Use a Puddle Jumper to try to get to the Crashed Battleship
    3: Plant Explosives on the ring teleporters to stop Replicators from getting thru
    4: Get the Hell outta there!
    5: Finish off any remaining Replicators with the new Modified Shock Rifle
    6: Plant Explosives around the gate to prevent the Replicators from getting back to Atlantis
    7: Get thru gate and detonate explosives
    8: Turn on the shield before the blast gets thru the stargate

Mission Complete!

of course we can use em for Invasion too!!!!! It'd be awesome to see the replicators coming back to life, we'd have to install the Modified Shock Rifle though and have to make up some kinda attack for them, they can also climb on ceilings and walls making them very deadly and also they're never alone, there would be millions of em and one of em would be the queen meaning she just makes em and she is about as big as a Manta and requires something like a Ion Painter to kill her

Comment

I think it'd be better for Killer909's SGC map, the galaxy Atlantis is in (pegasus), doesn't have replicators.

Aren't you going to get a new model entirely? I think the Spider Mines don't look enough like replicators.

Comment

well what if theese have been dormant for years....... say, a Replicator Scoutship was exploring the Galaxy Pegasus and a Goa'ould Battleship was flying by, the 2 got into a massive fight and the Goa'ould Battleship was victorious, unknowningly, some of the Replicators had somehow snuk aboard while the prolonged fight went on, they sabotauged the hardware and forced the great battleship to crash land into a nearby forest planet, the ship crashed into a small lake where the last of the crew tried to escape, they setup a small camp at the shore of the lake and let the Replicators rust in their own mess, one of em managed to evade the water and got to the very top of the battleship with a few, they begain eating away at the hull when suddenly water started coming outta the holes they were creating, now the lake has gone down abit due to the continuious fighting between atlantis and the Goa'ould air started pouring into the ship flushing out the water, now the very last replicator has become a queen on this planet and her wrath will breed a new type of self-sustaining Replicators known as "Scavengers"..........

................. the Scavengers have awoken to the lush forest planet and now it is time to take the Pegasus Galaxy as their own!

Comment

cool story eh?

Comment

Originally posted by AOmega
            I think it'd be better for Killer909's SGC map, the galaxy Atlantis is in (pegasus), doesn't have replicators.

Aren't you going to get a new model entirely? I think the Spider Mines don't look enough like replicators.
            AOmega: I think that using the spider mines as a starting point is the best idea. I have done some testing with retexturing them and they look surprisingly just like replicators. The clicking effect when they walk is right on as is the jumping abilities of the Pupae. The hissing and the ability to respawn closer to a target would need to be modified. I think after this simpler version is complete we can look back and see if it would be better to build something similar from scratch. Of course if anyone wants to try building it from scratch I'm willing to work with them, I just think 90% accurate replicators are better than 0% completed projects.

Matty: This is not a request for ideas for a map. This is a request for the replicators themselves. Once finished, they could be used for any map that anyone wants to make.

Comment

Well it shouldnt be too hard to make the model of the replicator.

Comment

Super_Sonic: Interested in giving it a try?

Comment

Hmm. Well i think i could do the model but im no good at texturing and i no only basic scripting but enough to make custom monsters.

As for when the replicators die some1 (or me) could make it so they spawn an emmitter with lots of small static meshes that would be a good effect.

EDIT: O and im not good at animation.

Comment

Perhaps I should post the replicator building block static mesh, and the texture in order for them to be available for anyone interested?

Comment

I might have a go

Comment

non-playable map with replicator block and correct gray texture. 91KB zip

Large Texture to work with. 290KB zip, 2.25MB unzipped.

text file 1*
                        text file 2*

*May be useful. May not.

Comment

Dunno what you think but i made a pretty basic model in maya:

Comment

Looking VERY good so far

Comment

is there any way to make it so it only permantly dies if u use a shock rifle or link gun or Ion Painter on em and any other weapon will just make em shatter and stay dead for a few secs and come back to life again and they also make a large clank, clank, clank noise as they move

Comment

Working...
                              X