Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea for a map needed!

Hey
    Been experimenting around UED for quite some time, and finally I decided I want to make my first (serious) map.
    Yet, I have no clue-what-so-ever for how it should look, etc.

If anyone creative could possibly help out - I'm planning on a DM\TDM map.

anyone?

Comment

My gut instinct tells me never to talk to someone who listens to Linkin Park (too softcore rock for my liking), but I'll be a rebel.

How about making a map based on Ironforge in WoW. You can get plenty of source images for it if you don't own the game, just do a Google Image Search for 'Ironforge' and you'll find a ton of pictures.

Or maybe a gothic theme with a towering hall and plenty of blood rivers, sacrificial rooms, cut off body parts lying around and blood-red pentagrams on the walls. Use those semi-transparant window textures. Maybe you could call it DM-Gothik or a variant of.

Comment

Originally posted by Burningmace
        My gut instinct tells me never to talk to someone who listens to Linkin Park (too softcore rock for my liking), but I'll be a rebel.

How about making a map based on Ironforge in WoW. You can get plenty of source images for it if you don't own the game, just do a Google Image Search for 'Ironforge' and you'll find a ton of pictures.

Or maybe a gothic theme with a towering hall and plenty of blood rivers, sacrificial rooms, cut off body parts lying around and blood-red pentagrams on the walls. Use those semi-transparant window textures. Maybe you could call it DM-Gothik or a variant of.
        I like the 2nd idea. I'll google some pictures for the first and see how it looks though.

And don't mind my signature, it's SO old, from the day I registered - I barely listen to them nowadays

*P.S. There, changed my signature now to something better.

Comment

Huzzah. ^.^

Anyway, glad to have been of some help.

Comment

Originally posted by hydro
            *P.S. There, changed my signature now to something better.

And now its too big. Please read the rules and adjust the size. Thank you.

Comment

We could use some more urban style maps.

Maybe some large abandoned warehouse?

Comment

I started working on some kind of gothic-church kind of map, and got blocked by the church's windows... lol.

What kind of "Warehouse" are you suggesting though?

Comment

Kind of like that one at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

With some small offices, but the large gameplay occurs in the warehouse itself, where there are stacks of crates to hide behind and stuff.

Failing that, try an office block thing.

Comment

map idea

I've started a couple of maps with the "warehouse" theme. There are getting there but I would start with soemthing like that. There can be multiple levels in that there will be crates and stuff stacked up at random heights. One map I did want to work on was based on a large vessel, kinda like a transport, either on the sea or in space, but that had the same type of crates, boxes, and containers on the surface but in an open area. Anyway good luck, just make sure you read the hints people give for starting out. It can get a little frustrating sometimes. I work on my maps with another person so when I get burned out on one I send it his way and he sends me stuff he's burnt out on as well. It always helps to have fresh eyes and ideas for your maps.

Comment

i am new at unrealED (first map coming soon uc2 remake) how about sum uc2 remakes for ut2004 ?

Comment

Working...
                      X