WIP: Red Faction TC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP: Red Faction TC

This is not a request for a mod, but is information about one currently in progress.

Several of the members of Levels4You, excluding myself, have begun work on a Red Faction Total Conversion mod for UT2004.

A link to the CDC for the project

wow! i will be looking foward for this one!

Comment

Currently in the mod, they've modelled a handful of skins, weapons and maps, and are working on vehicles.

Any help in any manner, shape or form would be greatly appreciated, contact one of the senior members of the mod for further details.

If you know of any currently existing UT2004 mods that may help in this, such as pre-made Red Faction voicepacks or maps, this would help.

Comment

Is Red Faction that game you go to Mars because of some kind of rebellion?
        That game is famous because you can destroy terrains and rocks with rocket launchers.
        Is there such effect in your mod like that?

Comment

Sweet I like Red Faction2

You should use UT's inherient movement and it will make alot better game than the original.

Comment

Originally posted by ShredPrince
            Sweet I like Red Faction2

You should use UT's inherient movement and it will make alot better game than the original.
            Sorry to inform you, but the mod will NOT contain any RF2 objects. Only objects that were in the original will be included.

Originally posted by Ryosuke
            Is Red Faction that game you go to Mars because of some kind of rebellion?
            That game is famous because you can destroy terrains and rocks with rocket launchers.
            Is there such effect in your mod like that?
            That's the game.

The mod wouldn't be Red Faction enough without Geo-mod. (blowing up parts of the map with rockets and stuff.) Expect the maps to have walls that are destroyable.

Comment

I will be keeping my eyes on this TC. :up:

Comment

How do you plan on implementing Geo-Mod?

Comment

You'd best talk to the mod members about that one.

I think they're building it into the maps, from last information.

Comment

this is gonna rock. i was just thinking about how cool it'd be to have the rail gun and fusion rocket launcher in ut2004 the other day

btw, y aren't u doing rf2, then i'd bow down and worship u

Comment

I know it's a disappointment not to see any RF2 objects included, like the Body Armour, Anti Personell Weapon (sticky grenade launcher), Nano MPs and other items, but I guess they really prefer RF1 to the sequel.

Either that, or they're waiting until they've successfully released the RF1 version, and will release RF2 objects later in a patch.

Comment

Hmmm gotta find the pictures <.<

but sounds cool

Comment

Originally posted by L4Y Duke
                          Sorry to inform you, but the mod will NOT contain any RF2 objects. Only objects that were in the original will be included.

That's the game.

The mod wouldn't be Red Faction enough without Geo-mod. (blowing up parts of the map with rockets and stuff.) Expect the maps to have walls that are destroyable.
                          but is it ok? im talking about plagerism and things of that nature

because I don't want your mod to walk through the same fate DragonBall Z mod ended at

Comment

Hey im one of the texture artist for the mod, and i can just say that i whont let this mod die.

Comment

any idea when we could get some preview images? been a while since i last used/saw the fusion rocket launcher, the redeemer is starting to remind me of it

Comment

Working...
                              X