Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spionage in Onslaught?

So I was thinking of a type of weapon
    The weapon would be some kind of camera that picks up enemy signatures within your field of view, and sends these back to the ONS minimap as blips.

So during an online onslaught game, someone on the team would be able to aim the weapon on a warzone, and the team would get live-feed of enemy positions on their minimap.

The weapon could be something like a directional radar, like this directional microphone.

Insanely hard to code or posible?

Well if you just listen, 9times out of ten you know where your enemy is anyways. Know the maps, know where your enemy is comming from. Just a lot to keep track of but easy to get used too.

Your 'weapon' wouldn't be of much use imo.

Comment

The point is to help your team - which might be at the opposite side of map - to plan out their assault/defences. You don't hear a player dodge when you're a mile away.

Comment

Lifescans are great in BF2 gameplay, but ONS is not a sniper game and is not won by scoring kills alone. If somebody's out there and you can't see them, chances are they're not doing anything interesting.

Comment

Re: Spionage in Onslaught?

Yeah, I kinda got the idea while playing BF2. I know ONS is much more fast paced, but maybe it could work out.

But you might be right about it, you're kinda wasting time doing scans...maybe it would be cool to implement it into some kind of hybrid weapon.
          Or a vehicle that automatically scans nearby signatures - while remaining combatworthy.

I know there's a teamradar-mutator for Onslaught, so I think it would be possible.
          Not suggesting any modder should put their time into this, but it could serve as inspiration of some kind.

Comment

Re: Spionage in Onslaught?

I'd rather see a radar that shows a player's health status if they're within the radar's range or something like that

Comment

Or something that'd display the health of distant nodes... or the respawn status of vehicles...

Interesting. Might give it a shot sometime.

Comment

It'd be nice. For the cool factor atleast.

Comment

It could be done... You just need to find somebody who would at least give it a try. Organise a team maybe. Nothing is impossible until you start doing it!

Comment

A Radarvehicle would be cool. Or put it on default for the ONS nodes, so you know how many people are att'ing your node and you know if you should waste the time & resources (aka vehicles) to defend it or wait the few seconds until they reform and run to the next node.
                    is overpowered, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X