A TAM-Like Mod idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A TAM-Like Mod idea

I thought up a mutator/mod that would be kind of similiar to TAM, but address some of the criticisms I have heard, and bring a different kind of teamwork into play.

Here is the basic idea:
    Two teams face off round by round and play to 10(like TAM). Each round players start with 100h/100a and full ammo for their guns. There is no handicap for winning. There will be no built in hitsounds or brightskins. People can use UTComp or UTPlus to add that to the game. Adrenaline will be awarded for kills, but not for damaging opponents. There will also be adrenaline pick-ups in the map to give teams an incentive to not camp. When the time runs out for the round if there are still survivors from both teams it goes into overtime and players take damage (like TAM). The new twist to overtime is that the amp also spawns when overtime starts to make the last fight(s) more interesting and force the players to run into each other as they all scramble to get the amp. There will be teamdamage at 30% but not reverse FF. At the beginning of each round each player on the team selects a role, allowing like 10 secs after the last round ends to select it from a menu that pops up.

The roles:
    1) Assault: The player gets 2ARs, link-gun, and super-shield-gun. Adrenaline bonus move: Speed.
    2) Support: The player gets flak cannon, mini-gun, and shield-gun. Adrenaline bonus move: Berserk.
    3) Sniper: The player gets lightning gun, bio-rifle, and shield-gun. Adrenaline bonus move: Invisible.
    4) Trooper: The player gets shock-rifle, rocket-launcher, shield-gun. Adrenaline bonus move: Booster.

All the players can do all the adrenaline combos. The bonus move just means the player loses adrenaline slightly slower when using his bonus move. The super-shield-gun is a modified shield-gun that charges faster, allowing the player to block more shots before it runs out and do more impact damage faster.

I don't think this mod would be too hard to make and I think it would bring some new elements to the round-based combat. It would make teams have to work together more and there would be less fights that are the same thing over and over. So what do you think? :down::up:

soudns very interesting

Comment

Engineer: Link, mines.
      Sniper: Lightning, double AR.
      Assault: Rox, shield.
      Antitank: AVRiL, flak.
      Special Ops: Shock, nades.
      Medic: Mini and a health vial dispenser.

Slightly familiar?

Comment

so similar!

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
          Assault: Rox, shield.
          Antitank: AVRiL, flak.
          Special Ops: Shock, nades.
          Medic: Mini and a health vial dispenser.

Slightly familiar?
          I don't get it.

Are those some roles for a mod you have made, or thought up? It sounds like Team Fortress Classic for Onslaught to me.

My idea includes roles for players too, but I don't think they don't sound that similiar. The mod I was proposing is a round based fight with no vehicles. I was just trying to divide up the weapons so that people don't always have everything and all the fights end up the same.

I am looking for feedback as to whether this sounds like a fun gametype. I don't want to get into an argument about stealing somebody's idea. Seperate player roles have been in FPS's for quite some time, it's hardly an original idea anymore. There are plenty of other gameplay changes I proposed in the summary above. What do you think of the overall gameplay idea I am describing?
          TAM is really popular right now, but some people seem to complain about specific aspects of it. I am proposing this primarily as a competitor, or compliment to TAM not ONS, so I am most interested in comparisons with TAM or TDM.

Comment

I based those roles on Battlefield 2, which I personally find to have a good role system.

I'd love to see some sort of role system for UT. Nothing says "stick together" like a medic and some people that can kill the things you can't. UT has teams, but no squads.

Comment

Interesting suggestions. We'll consider these.

Comment

Would really be cool if someone could make this!

Comment

sounds great, but team damage should be off always. do u know how annoying it is when someone runs infront of your rockets you just charged up or walks over your bio goo and you die? its really [insert swear here) annoying ! :heart:

Comment

Version 2 of the Battlefield UT class system, for better teamwork.

Assault: Flak, starts with 50 shield.
                    Antitank: Nades, AVRiL.
                    Special Ops: Shock, shield.
                    Medic: Rox and a health vial dispenser.
                    Support: Mini and an ammo dispenser.

Name one that would be useless to a team.

Comment

Working...
                    X