Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    yea the tractor beam >.>

there all good ideas so what 1s have been proven dont work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As far as I can make out

The problem with adding forces to vehicles is that when a net player gets in a vehicle it becomes a controlled pawn, and some stuff is "cheated" by the engine. I'm playing with a tractorbeam idea at home at the moment but I'm having to do a lot of reading about replication, karma, and possession of pawns to convince myself it will work across the network.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know if that thing works online, it isn't relesed yet. Due to personal issues, Monarch has almost no time to complete the next version of AirPower. Looks like a release is still very far away...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does that one work online? That's the really hard part...

I can imagine it would work for cars if it simply pulls real hard. I wonder what happens if it picks up a Manta (which has air control), and the Manta tries to move...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sarge-David
    but anyway as iv seen in As-Junkyard a tractor beam like thing can work if it is Uber strong
    has it ever ben tried from taht way?
    You mean like THIS?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im trying to do the same thing for my vehicle, the transport the vehicles in another vehicle, and i am thinking of making a mesh that acts like a sort of cage that resists movement of the vehicles
    ~shadow_sniper

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FatalOverdose is trying to do just that, I think. I don't really see why one would use a staticmesh instead of just an empty vehicle, though. You have to kick out everybody anyway, so you might as well just lock the vehicle for a nonexistant team or something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    instead of making the vehicle stay on top of the barge, could you, destroy the vehicle and replace it with a static mesh that is attached to the barge, then when somone wants to enter it it destroys the static mesh and repllaces it with a vehicle?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sounds cool
    so far we mades weapon stuff stuck to things so why cant vehicles?
    so it be some thing to sit a vehicle to a part of something

but anyway as iv seen in As-Junkyard a tractor beam like thing can work if it is Uber strong
    has it ever ben tried from taht way?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AFAIK? What does that stand for?
    As Far As I Know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AFAIK? What does that stand for?

And I didn't say to do it, I only asked if you COULD.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Scorpion's bola doesn't actually affect the physics of the vehicle it is attached to, AFAIK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, I mean have the wheels act as if they WERE the scorpion laser, because it's really sticky.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does the Scorpion's "laser" affect vehicles in any way except damage?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, would it be possible to give the bottom of a vehicle the same properties as a Scorpions laser? That way you might be able to do something so it sticks to the ground. Therefore, when rammed, it doesn't move (as easily).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X