New vehicle transport idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New vehicle transport idea...

I was wondering if instaid of loading passengers and vehicles into the actual vehicle, which doesn't seem to work very well, maybe there could be a big flat barge-type vehicle that would fly very stably (sp?) so the objects wouldn't fall off, or something so the people and vehicles could ride on top of the vehicle without falling. Comments/criticisms appreciated.

One of the problems that I know of is that when two vehicles collide, they each push about as hard. If you have a HUGE ship, a Raptor can still budge it easily.

Comment

Would it be possible to make the top a "non-vehicle" part of the transport? Sorry if these are newbish questions, but I am unable to use UED because I'm on a Mac.

Comment

Interesting question. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't know how to do that. Maybe that is indeed possible.

Comment

Well, would it be possible to give the bottom of a vehicle the same properties as a Scorpions laser? That way you might be able to do something so it sticks to the ground. Therefore, when rammed, it doesn't move (as easily).

Comment

Does the Scorpion's "laser" affect vehicles in any way except damage?

Comment

No, I mean have the wheels act as if they WERE the scorpion laser, because it's really sticky.

Comment

The Scorpion's bola doesn't actually affect the physics of the vehicle it is attached to, AFAIK.

Comment

AFAIK? What does that stand for?

And I didn't say to do it, I only asked if you COULD.

Comment

AFAIK? What does that stand for?
                    As Far As I Know

Comment

sounds cool
                      so far we mades weapon stuff stuck to things so why cant vehicles?
                      so it be some thing to sit a vehicle to a part of something

but anyway as iv seen in As-Junkyard a tractor beam like thing can work if it is Uber strong
                      has it ever ben tried from taht way?

Comment

instead of making the vehicle stay on top of the barge, could you, destroy the vehicle and replace it with a static mesh that is attached to the barge, then when somone wants to enter it it destroys the static mesh and repllaces it with a vehicle?

Comment

FatalOverdose is trying to do just that, I think. I don't really see why one would use a staticmesh instead of just an empty vehicle, though. You have to kick out everybody anyway, so you might as well just lock the vehicle for a nonexistant team or something.

Comment

im trying to do the same thing for my vehicle, the transport the vehicles in another vehicle, and i am thinking of making a mesh that acts like a sort of cage that resists movement of the vehicles
                            ~shadow_sniper

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge-David
                              but anyway as iv seen in As-Junkyard a tractor beam like thing can work if it is Uber strong
                              has it ever ben tried from taht way?
                              You mean like THIS?

Comment

Working...
                              X