Dynamic crosshair mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic crosshair mutator

Ok so it works like this, first of all you can choose any crosshair you want for any weapon (we can already do this), and then you get to choose a custom crosshair and color and size for when you put your crosshair OVER your opponent. So like for example, say your crosshair is a a blue one normally, but when i put it over my opponent, I want it to be red or something, and the size of it to be interchangable and as big as you want or as small as you want, and when I put the crosshair over the head, it should be yellow or something.

Thanks.

If you need to talk to me, look in my sig for the xfire.

P.S. Don't forget it shouldn't work with Invis adren. But if that's too much of a problem to make, then just leave it, since I play with adren off anyway.

Nice Idea!

Comment

I, for one, would like to see this made. I hope someone does!

Comment

I love it, really hope someone makes it!:up:

Comment

Well, this could be possible, as the AVRiL's crosshair changes as it is aimed at a vehicle...

Comment

so just look at that code :P

yea sounds fun and makes sniping easier

stupid snipers

Comment

Originally posted by musilowski
              Well, this could be possible, as the AVRiL's crosshair changes as it is aimed at a vehicle...
              Really? At least for me, the crosshair changes about 3/4 of the time, even though it's not pointing at a vehicle.

Comment

its megical :P

Comment

It needs to work on monsters too!

Comment

do they have heads?

Comment

we have invasion spree on our server and that has head shots on monsters

Comment

Originally posted by slime73
                        Really? At least for me, the crosshair changes about 3/4 of the time, even though it's not pointing at a vehicle.
                        Orly? :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge-David
                          do they have heads?
                          Not the script, but the model does.
                          Did Epic just import the models/code directly from Unreal? It´d have been better if Epic had at least added karma physics.

But this is a nice idea, and make it possible so the crosshair gets sized up or changes color when you hit an opponent. This would be 'Advanced Crosshairs' mutator. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by musilowski
                            1. The AVRiL "changes crosshair" when it locks on to a vehicle.
                            2. The AVRiL doesn't actually change the crosshairs - it manually draws the locked-on part onto the HUD.

There are a couple ways I can think of to override the crosshair from a mutator:
                            1. Set the current weapon's crosshair properties. Unfortunately these are config variables, so any changes you make are likely to stay (after the mutator is disabled.)
                            2. Hide the normal crosshair, and manually render your own ones onto the HUD (using an Interaction or HudOverlay.) To hide the crosshair:
                            - Set the HUD's bCrosshairShow to false. Again, this is a config variable, so probably shouldn't be changed without the user's intervention.
                            - Set the player Pawn's bSpecialCrosshair property to true. Then, instead of drawing crosshairs, the HUD calls the Pawn's SpecialDrawCrosshair(), which by default does nothing.

None of these are good solutions, which is perhaps why I never added custom crosshair rendering to my Alternate HUDs mutator.
                            Originally posted by Bjossi
                            Did Epic just import the models/code directly from Unreal? It´d have been better if Epic had at least added karma physics.
                            The models, most likely, but not the code. For one, in Unreal the AI code was built into the Pawn - now it's seperate. This makes it much easier to do things like player-controlled monsters (ala. Skaarj Fest.)

I think for ragdolls to work the models would have to be SkeletalMeshes. The existing ones are VertMeshes, which I don't think have the right type of bone information. I guess they thought it just wasn't worth all the work to convert them.

The default UT2004 headshot code uses the location of the "head bone" on the Pawn's model. Unreal monsters don't have head bones, so head shots work differently for them (more like Unreal and UT, I guess.)

Comment

I see, but isn´t Invasion a rather popular gametype? Was it ever modded for UT1999 after the release of UT2003/4?

Comment

Working...
                              X