Extremely Big Deathmatch map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely Big Deathmatch map

wouldn't you like to play in a gigantic deathmatch map?
    lets have ideas and collections

lol, like RedOrchestra size?

Comment

There are several big DM maps available for download from www.unrealclan.com.

There is one unbelivably big map that was ported from UT99 by the clans maper that dwarfs all the others but to get it you will need to play it on the server. If I remember correctly the name is 'FairwellMyFrind' and was made as a memorial for [ARC]Ash. It doesn't get played much because it is concidered way to big even for a server running Zark, Matrix, and an unlimited tranz.

Comment

Well, the sheer scope of a large UT map is well, pretty large. I started playing with an invasion map that pretty much was 1/4 the size a map could be. Oddly, I didn't get as much done as I wanted simply due to the "where was that XYZ" problem which arrizes when editing. Otherwords I just kept loosing my place lol. After 2 towns and 1 tomb, I kind of put the map off to the side.

Perhaps I'll get back to it and add a third "old country" town and finish off the tomb. More like redo the tomb as I think aside from the enterance, the area stunk. Another thing that stunk was the sheer time it took to complete rudimentary pathing between areas and until Angel Mapper had documented ways to speed up maps for both fun and network, I have a bootload of anti-portals and BSPs to add to the map just to optimize it. Can you say 4-6 months before the map is ready for beta lol.

I am thinking I need to finish the 2 existing towns, add 5 more, and finish painting up the terrain to match the "region." As the map is huge, teleporters might be in order just to hop to areas. Hmmm.. might add some optimized "woods" for some good old wood cracking fun.

Anyways, big maps are hard to do **WELL** much less finish.

Comment

With big do yuo men like that plers are 10th or the normals size or tht the palers are nomral and that the maps are like 38143146x3964234km largt?

Comment

Re: Extremely Big Deathmatch map

Originally posted by Ryosuke
            wouldn't you like to play in a gigantic deathmatch map?
            lets have ideas and collections
            yeah sure...i am rather sick of tight hallways, rooms and lifts etc...i would prefer vast open spaces for DM instead. like a large field perhaps ...lol

Comment

Re: Re: Extremely Big Deathmatch map

Originally posted by elusivex
              yeah sure...i am rather sick of tight hallways, rooms and lifts etc...i would prefer vast open spaces for DM instead. like a large field perhaps ...lol
              ok then download these two mappack
              its awsome.
              i wont tell you whats in there.
              its kinda Adult(you know, p*rn) so becareful
              http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...n=file&id=5023
              http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...n=file&id=5024

Comment

^^ I liked the Graveyard map but the others in that pack I wasn't that impressed with. I don't like maps like Bedroom when you're in a giant room.

The big maps are sped up a bit with instagib, and zoom instagib so that you can pick off people a whole map away. But perhaps if you were firing rockets you'd have to compensate a bit for time

Comment

Originally posted by Imp@l3dRound
                  ^^ I liked the Graveyard map but the others in that pack I wasn't that impressed with. I don't like maps like Bedroom when you're in a giant room.

The big maps are sped up a bit with instagib, and zoom instagib so that you can pick off people a whole map away. But perhaps if you were firing rockets you'd have to compensate a bit for time
                  yep the funny thing about that map is that they have magazines and PCs on the desks, which is in a large size. The problem is that they sometimes run slow for the size of the map.
                  http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=503286
                  this map is also extremely heavy and slow.
                  sry that its not a deathmatch map!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Extremely Big Deathmatch map

Originally posted by Ryosuke
                    ok then download these two mappack
                    its awsome.
                    i wont tell you whats in there.
                    its kinda Adult(you know, p*rn) so becareful
                    http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...n=file&id=5023
                    http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...n=file&id=5024
                    sure ... i'm curious to find out...i mean i dun mind...hehehex :up: :up:

Comment

Ryosuke would you be interested in this? :smile:

Comment

come to think about it, i don't really like huge maps where you just become more insignificant and tiny. i would very much prefer large maps with the players being their original size and not being microscopic makes me very tired to move to the other end so on and so fourth .

Comment

Working...
                        X