Humano [mod]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humano [mod]

Index: [Quick Search Section] (Copy brackets too)
    _____Basic Overview-------[F1a]
    _____Obvious Differences-[F1b]
    _____Weapon Ideas-------[F2b]
    _____Gravity system-------[F3c]
    _____Vehicles----------------[F4d]

[F1a] Basic Overview: |Unreal Tournament 2k4|
    The battles will be taking place inside the human body. Meaning; some sort of organ, vein, the brain itself, some area inside the body will be the battle grounds. Using a whole new arsenal of weapons (not just a weakly modified weapon, ie. more damage and different fire rate), battles will be absolutely fierce.
    {Possible implementation} Featuring new player skins of various microorganisms (such as basic white cells, blood cells, etc) that would exist inside the body and attacking (common cold cells, pneumonia cells, etc) agents towards the body will replace human player skins for a distinct way of telling friend from foe.
    {Possible implementation} A very Onslaught-esque gametype where teams must
    [idea a] Fend off the opposing force from the designated map in a very dire-situation (Giving the enemy many control points and the defenders few, yet a well defended area to work from)
    [idea b] take control of the organ (such as the stomach, ie. the lower stomach being Team A's base and the Upper esophogas being Team B's base).
    For this game type, a Tick-system reminiscent of Battlefield's would be placed in.

[F1b] Basic Overview: Obvious Differences

Some obvious changes that will be made to boost combat fierceness include...:
    -Slightly increased movement
    -Moon jump-Dodge jumping (higher apex of a Double-tap-dodge, and a slower fall to "earth", providing more air maneuverabitiy).
    -Triple jump (similar to the Quad Jump mutator)
    -Added Jet Pack
    -Removal of clips! All weapons have a recharging supply, depleting the need of ammo pickups.

[F2b] Weapon ideas:

__1: (Designated to key "1") Name: (Idea needed)
    ____Mouse Button 1 Funct. :Similar to the Shield gun, this gun will emit sonic waves forward from the shaft to, instead of absorb the damage, deflect the shots in random angles
    ____Mouse Button 2 Funct. : Fire off a slow moving Matrix-bullet-ripple-effect (sonic wave) that will
    [idea a]Pull any non-bullet/all weapons fire towards the sonic wave. Trap the projectiles. And carry them in the direction of the sonic blast, where they explode/deal the damage they normally would on the person fired at on either a wall, floor, or ceiling.
    [idea b]Drag a player into the sonic wave (acting like a worm hole) (If you've played Quake 4, think of the Dark Matter Gun) and release them harmlessly as the SW meets a wall, ceiling, or floor (Yes, hate it when some idiot won't stop jumping around? Fire this at him in mid-jump and watch him fly to the sky.)

__2: (Designated to key "2") Name: (Idea needed)
    ____Mouse Button 1 Funct. : Designed for forcing back a group of hostiles. This shot acts as a sort of Flak shot. Firing (undecided) amount of tiny 1 damage needles in Random/Large Circular patterns, {Possible Implementation} and yielding a sort of homing device (follow the area your cursor is pointing, ie. Fire the weapon, and aim your cursor over the enemy for it to start moving in that direction.).
    ____Mouse Button 2 Funct. : A floor hugging bomb that travels in the set direction for "xx" seconds. Only able to fire one set (undecided number of bombs sent out per firing), pressing the MB2 again will cause the bombs to "hop" into the air, able to catch those pesky jumpers. {Possible implementation} Follows the same homing system as the First Firing Button.

__3: (Designated to Key "3") Name: (Idea needed)
    ____Mouse Button 1 Funct. : Three disk launchers (each set at 120 degrees, 240 degrees, and 360 degrees) releasing, of course, disks that will gain damage potential the longer they travel through the air. (Launch-20 dmg, 20 feet-35 damage, 50 feet-60 damage, 100 feet-guaranteed kill) Down-side is that the disks have a small arching-effect. Gently moving downward to the ground as if effected by gravity, you must compensate for this and aim accordingly.
    ____Mouse Button 2 Funct. : A melee blade-shield, the disk launchers prepare a disk into their shafts and lock them into place, becoming a rotating shield of death. Activating Button 2 provides a low-grade shield against bullet-type weapons (allowing only 1/10 or so bullets through) and acting as a grinder for close combat killing.

__4: (Designated to key "4") Name: (Idea needed)
    ____Mouse Button 1 Funct. : A sort of health regenerator for allies, having an unlimited supply of contents yet the need to let it rejuvinate its contents after prolonged use. Works on turrets/vehicles yet with a much quicker effect but more draining on the supply.
    ____Mouse Button 2 Funct. : Many ideas for this function..
    [idea a]A buffer system (providing random bonus effects such as Quickened movement, quickened firing, increased life, RARE: Invulnerability for 30 seconds, IDEAS TO COME). This will only work once per player (until they die) and could make it as rare to obtain as a Quad Damage pickup. No limit to uses though.
    [idea b]A teleporting function. This will teleport the player to a spot on the ground they are pointing their reticles at or up to "xx" feet. Need to regenerate supply after 'xx' uses.
    [idea c]Full body shielding, providing a very Shield-Gun like effect for the entire encompassing area of the player. Much more effective than any other shielding system (provides a better "damage taken:ammo points depleted" ratio).

__5: (Designated to key "5") Name: (ideas needed)
    ____Mouse Button 1 Funct. : A jet pack-like accesory with a mounted machine gun/napalm launcher. First Mouse Button is the simplistic machine gun, providing a high fire rate with low accuracy.
    ____Mouse Button 2 Funct. : The napalm release, held longer will inreasingly release an extra napalm for a max of four. These napalms are small bottles that should only be released while air-borne, as when it explodes, it spreads massively. The explosion itself creates flames in a circular area that grows from 2 feet in diameter (impact) to 5 feet in diameter(end of fire's "life"). Even though the fire may burn out after "xx" seconds, the fire that catches onto your character will last for much longer. This causes slow Damage-Over-Time.
    _Weapons Note: This will change the Jump (spacebar) into the Toggle Thruster (spacebar). Having a replenishing, yet slightly low quantity of fuel, this's made for shorter bursts around the field for strategic placement.

-----------------------------------
    End of ideas on weapons for tonight. Provide feedback on current weapons so they can be balanced out.
    -----------------------------------

[F3c] Gravity system And Its Uses:

Integrating a true gravity system into this mod will strike quite the challenge. It'll be used for the Weapon 1's second fire and for the overall "trippy-ness" of the level. I drew a very simplistic diagram to demonstrate what it would look like.

As you can see, the Brown-ish area in the center would house the center of gravity. Of course, this would be encased in a shell so you don't just fall into the center of gravity (although this would prove to be a nice twist on occasion. At random times, open the Gravity encasing and get instantly killed if you fall into it). Most of the battles would take place on the surrounding platforms, acting like asteroids orbiting the Center of Gravity.
    This gravity would realistically effect the Weapon 3 disk launcher, letting the user to hook it around the CoG. This CoG can also be timed with the Weapon 5 (Jet pack) to drift around the arena, becoming a harder target for enemies while using less fuel.

[F4d] Vehicles

Suggestions here are really needed, I can only think of so many ways to incorporate the whole Human System/Germ Affliction theme into vehicles. It may be that there wouldn't be maps large enough to make proper use of vehicles in a balanced way.

--|I would like to point out this is all in idea building, almost none of it has been implemented into a demonstratable form. More ideas are to come, and this mod will for sure not "fizzle out" like others have.|--
    Ended for tonight, need to get some sleep. Feel free to ask questions and give suggestions.

Re: Humano [mod]

Gotta say, I'm quite impressed with the sheer amount of ideas you've put forth. You've put a lot of thought into this. It's kind of refreshing to hear someone intelegently bring a concept to the table, as opposed to "LAWL MAKE THIS PLZPLZ"

I'm half asleep at the moment; meaning I'll come back later to finish my thoughts on this once I'm fully awake, but for now, I'll just point out two things.

[F3c] Gravity system And Its Uses:

Integrating a true gravity system into this mod will strike quite the challenge. It'll be used for the Weapon 1's second fire and for the overall "trippy-ness" of the level. I drew a very simplistic diagram to demonstrate what it would look like.

As you can see, the Brown-ish area in the center would house the center of gravity. Of course, this would be encased in a shell so you don't just fall into the center of gravity...

Simply not happening. :/ I say this, because I've seen it attempted before, and from what I understand the system is simply not able to do this.

There was, however, an "Escher" map that demonstrated being able to do this, and while amusing, was too buggy to be anything but practical.

--|I would like to point out this is all in idea building, almost none of it has been implemented into a demonstratable form. More ideas are to come, and this mod will for sure not "fizzle out" like others have.|--
    [/B]

...No offense, but you do realize that all mods claim this at one point or another, right? ^^;

Comment

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=499488 here we go. This is the aforementioned "Escher" thing.

Comment

Heh, yeah, of course. I just want to point out at what point this is in the process. Or more like, what point it isn't.

And thanks for the warning about the gravity system, seemed like a hard enough task just thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
        X