idea: random events during gameplay that makes the game more intense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idea: random events during gameplay that makes the game more intense

im talking about thunderstrikes or meteors falling out of the sky or earthquakes: random things caused by nature able to bring more intense,danger and variation to the match, it makes the game feel more real and it can also do miracles like accidently killing a player for example, it causes distraction and stuff. imagine getting chased down by an animal/monster that came out of nowhere while playing a regular match on torlan.
    I don't think it would be fun for some players who are like 100% into winning the game but i think it would be great for some variation, so the game doesn't stay the same all the time.

maybe it can be gametype where you need to stay alive as long as possible kinda like last man standing but vs. the nature

that would be fun, i think it would need its own maps though, because i think fireballs/lightning would be map based

Comment

well there should be a feature that lists all the 'planetary' outdoor maps in a .ini file that you can alter if you want to add some custom maps.
      In the Indoor maps those things could be spawned out of wormholes, makes it have a 'sci-fi' feel.
      I'm also thinking about alien spaceships or ufo's invading the map, killing the players and what about tornado's :haha: blowing away for example hellbenders?

Comment

take a look at this no so much random but very much like wot your after

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...light=dWeather

Comment

yeah that brought me on this idea to be honest
          but it needs to be a mutator that you can use without using unrealed

Comment

Yeah. I played around with the meteors a bit. Awesome to be driving along in your hellbender without a care in the world, when suddenly, a roar can be heard seconds before a big burning rock makes a crater out of your ride.

Comment

Working...
            X