Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT2004 patch 3355
    Description: Knock players off the map with force
    Comments: N/A
    Screenshot:

Credits: Author me (VDP-[K]-ICP) and AS-bulldog creator for shock idea
    Homepage: http://vdp.recongamer.com/
    Download: http://vdp.recongamer.com/downloads/...-VDP-Punch.zip

I was just wondering if someone could create an Anit-Suicide Mutator for me or point me in the right direction of how to do it myself. I noticed a game type "Freeze Tag" that has this, so I know it’s possible. I just need it as mutator for a map I'm working on. It's sort of a king of the hill, DM map. If you are interested here is a link to what I have so far.

I currently have it running on my clan’s server:
    ut2004://66.208.105.199:7777/

Thanks in advanced to all of those that offer help.

sorry but not sure what exactly you are doing or what you want here???

Comment

Let me clearify.
      I'm looking for a mutator that will disable the ability to suicide in game. If someone can post a link to an existing one, make me one for me, or help me make one myself; that would be great. I'm looking to add it to the map I posted above to prevent people from suiciding when they get shot off the map. I dont want the mutator to be configureable or to be apart of some other mutator. All I want it to do is just disable suiciding.

Sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong fourm section, I read this rules and thought this was the right one. I'm new to these fourms so please tell me if I'm in the wrong area.

Thanks

Comment

I think you're right here.

Do you want to disable the suicide command or also disable selfkills?

Comment

Originally posted by awaw
          I think you're right here.

Do you want to disable the suicide command or also disable selfkills?
          short answer... disable suicide command

I already have a neutral physics volume around the map to block self damage. In addition I might use the mutator on DM for my clans server to stop people from suiciding when your about to kill them. I still want them to be able to do self inflicted damage with all weapons.

And thank you for the quick response awaw.
          /

Comment

This is probably not going to help you with the mutator itself, but i encountered two errors while playing your map.

1. When you respawn you'll have to press 1 (for shieldgun) or 4 (for that crazy shockrifle) to get the HUD back and to fire.

2. When you die, an assualt rifle keeps sticking to your characters middle.

Comment

this is news to me... I have played it online with patch 3355 and so far of the 30+ people we havent had this problem... what mods for ut are you running if any... and what patch do you have installed currently. By the way thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I played it off-line, patch was 3355. No mutators.

EDIT: Can mention that i've seen the bug with the assault rifle before happen with ther mods, if that's to any help.

Comment

Well I dont know why its acting that way for you when you play it offline. When I play it offline everything works fine for me. We (people in my clan server) have tested it online many times and so far no problems. I think I might have some of the people in my clan server try to play the map offline and see what happens for them.

The two mutators that I made for the map that you are having problems with are the ICP shock rifle and the ICP No AR.

The ICP shock rifle should be given to you at spawn and should remove all instances of the normal shockrifle pickup base and ammo pickups in the map. In addition the ICP shock rilfe deals 0 damage but will push any player hit across the map when shot. It has unlimited ammo and has a modified secondary fire to add the sniper rifle scope. It also has an slightly increased fire rate.

The ICP No AR mutator just removes the Assualt Rifle at spawn from your inventory, it will not prevent you from picking it up later in the map.

I have also tested these mutators outside of the map on my clan server on a different map and everything worked fine. If anyone else is having the same problem or has an idea for how to fix it please post a reply. I have not tested these mutators while running other mutators... so that might be an issue.

Reguardless of the status of my map, if someone could help me out with the anti-suicide mutator that would be great.

Again Thank you Da Spadger for the feedback.

Comment

I don't know if this is exactly what your looking for, but Wormbo coded a nifty little Mutator called "Who pushed me?" that separates pushed from suicides, so you get rewarded with kill points when knocking someone into his death. But there is only a UT2k3 version, I was hoping he would port it over to 2k4, but it seems like he still hasn't. Maybe someone could do this instead (don't forget to ask Wormbo for permission of course)? You can get the 2k3 mutator here: http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormb...shedMe2k3.html

Comment

Thank you for spending some time to help me out but the link you posted is not what I'm looking for. I have no problems shooting people off the map and getting points. The problem is that some people will suicide before they reach the kill zone which causes you to not get any points. UT2004 will give you points for pushing people into kill zones by default (no mutator needed for that). I think the link you posted is to make ut2003 do that. By default I dont think ut2003 supported those types of kills. Thanks again for spending some time to help me out. All I'm looking for is a mutator that will disable the suicide command to prevent people from just killing them self. I dont need to worry about self damage with weapons as I am using a physics volume with a neutral flag to prevent such damage, unfortunatly this will not stop people from typing suicide in the console...or pressing a key that has it bound to simply kill them self every time you knock them off.

Comment

Originally posted by [k]-icp
                        All I'm looking for is a mutator that will disable the suicide command to prevent people from just killing them self. I dont need to worry about self damage with weapons as I am using a physics volume with a neutral flag to prevent such damage, unfortunatly this will not stop people from typing suicide in the console...or pressing a key that has it bound to simply kill them self every time you knock them off.
                        The suicide command directly "kills" the player, without actually doing damage:
                        Code:
                        function Suicide()
                        {
                            KilledBy(self);
                        }
                        (called by PlayerController.Suicide())

Preventing damage won't work, but preventing the actual death should. i.e.:
                        - Create a GameRules class [more info here],
                        - add it to the Game using Level.Game.AddGameModifier(), and
                        - override the GameRules' PreventDeath() function to return true (and prevent the suicide) when the damageType is class'Suicided'. For example:
                        Code:
                        function bool PreventDeath(Pawn Killed, Controller Killer, class<DamageType> damageType, vector HitLocation)
                        {
                            if (damageType == class'Suicided')
                                return true;
                            return super.PreventDeath(Killed, Killer, damageType, HitLocation);
                        }
                        I'm going off memory and an online copy of the UT2004 source, so expect some inaccuracy.

If you do code up a mutator (or Actor in the map?) for it, make sure not to prevent bot suicides. As it says in Engine.Pawn:
                        Code:
                        // WARNING - don't prevent bot suicides - they suicide when really needed
                        Hopefully that's enough in the right direction of how to do it.

Comment

all I have to say is thank you porkmanii . I will try to make the mutator based on the info you gave me. Hopefully it will be done soon. Again thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Working...
                          X