Parasite egg gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hmmmmmm... theres a monster like that in one of the custom monster packs, it trys to r*** your face and makes u slowly die until when u die a alien spawns. its unstoppable unless a teammate kills u or u commit suicide!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LorinUT
    I know a weapon that caused serious trouble from U4E in UT2004. It's called a Fleshbomb Rifle.
    It shoots a red dart that causes the body to explode in a nuclear explosion. No way to get it off... no way to survive.
    i know that wepon it rocks!

And we really need the alien gun that would be the best!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    somebody please make this thing, i can't wait for it
    aliens in UT2004
    ain't nothing better than that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    (Where have I heard THAT before?!)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OH GOD THE FACE HUGGERS >.<

I DONT WANT TO GET EVEN ON UT2k4

A FACE FULL OF ALIEN WING-WONG >.<

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Facehugger monster is already Exist

so we need Egg model
    http://www.sargsoft.com/obscenery/Monsters/AlienINV.zip

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FPS drops are no problem for me. I always gotta deal with it.

I consider it a strength.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I pointed you to the forum because you can not only find the download there, but also the informations what you can expect. Read the comments in that thread and you'll notice that this beta has one or more severe bugs that cause massive fps drops. IMO it is almost unplayable atm. I'd recommend to wait until they finished the final Version 5 release. Or search for v5b3, that release didn't have fps issues. I don't know where to find that one, though...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I didnt want the forum....

but I did find the download.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Who doesn't love it?

http://u4e.dangerous-minds.net/viewtopic.php?t=549

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can I get a link for it?

(I just love U4E's stuff!)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, version 5 isn't out yet, but you can find the bug gun in the latest beta, 4.x or so. Version 5 will contain bugfixes and special animations for e.g. the Katana. Very promising stuff, but their coders have to deal with some real-life problems first...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You mean to say there's a new U4E Pack out?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Though it seems like picking up Health might be the best way to balance it out, it might be too much of a ripoff of the Fleshbomb rifle, because that's exactly what counters its effect. U4E allows you to configure how much time the person that was hit has left to pick up health before the explosion goes off, so it isn't instagib at all like SolaceEternal mentioned. And it has only 5 ammo, too. I think its a fairly balanced weapon that needs lots of strategy to be used to its best effect. And what's more important about U4e, regarding this topic, they have a slightly different version of a parasite gun, too. It's called the bug gun. It shoots eggs wich break on impact and release larvas that will creep around and attach to every player they touch, so you better hit your opponent well or they come back to you. When they are attached to a player they slowly suck out his health. When they absorbed enough health, there is a chance they mutate into pupae and other small Unreal monsters. Secondary fire is a grappling device (the bugs tongue shoots out). A very crazy weapon, but very funny.

So this gun should really be set apart from that one to be more unique, maybe like this: The gun should slowly decrease the health of the person that was hit, and upon death let the person mutate into the Monster, think like "Dr. UT-Player and Mr. Hyde".
    The decrease should be slowly so that the infected person can survive some time by picking up enough health, but to cure it completely the person who infected the player must be killed (possible explanation: he carries the antidote with him). When the infected person is killed by another weapon no mutation will happen (unless you want them to turn into zombies).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree. This is a very cool idea, but it needs a way out. Stuff shouldn't just be fun to use, it should also be fun to have it used on you.

Possible solutions:
    • The parasite is purged/killed when the host picks up health.
    • The injector is a melee weapon. Shooting people that charge you is good tactics for more than just this reason.
    • The injector fires drones that hover towards you and try to inject you, giving you a chance to shoot them out of the sky or shieldgun them when they bump into you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X