Parasite egg gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasite egg gun

The gun shoots the eggs of a parasitic monster that will grow inside of the targets and will eventualy kill them, by bursting out of their cheasts.

A player can save his/her life once shot by this gun by grabing a health back or several vials which would now also contain drugs to kill the parasite. Getting shot with the alt fire from the gun by a team mate will also stop it(killing the host will kill the monster too if you don't have the gun and a team mate gets infected).

After the parasite emerges from it's first host it will roam around the map killing anyone they find and growing. The monster starts out small, weak, and fast so it is easy to kill if you can hit it. As the monster feeds on players it will grow bigger and harder to kill but gets slower.

Kills made by the monster count on the score of the player that created it. However the monster will kill anyone regardless of teams(even the player that created it).

you mean like these:

and those ****ers come out and jump to your head:

and then this comes outtha you:

very original idea q03
    let's call it the alien-egg weapon

**** guys this seriously needs to be made

"ALIEN-UT"

Comment

I was thinking of something like the ones in Aliens but not self replicating like they are.

The gun could be a modified sniper rifle that shoots darts that inject the eggs(maybe spores or a retro-viruse would work better) into the target.

It should have a low ammo count and a limit to the number of live monsters a player can have to keep the monster population under controle.

Comment

Impressive...

But it's gonna need custom models/animations for it to look good.

Comment

Originally posted by q03
          I was thinking of something like the ones in Aliens but not self replicating like they are.

The gun could be a modified sniper rifle that shoots darts that inject the eggs(maybe spores or a retro-viruse would work better) into the target.

It should have a low ammo count and a limit to the number of live monsters a player can have to keep the monster population under controle.
          Would you believe something similar to this has already been done? :3

Not in ut2k4... older. Much older.

Turok: Rage Wars, for n64 had a sort of secret weapon called the "Injector" that you could get by playing through the single-player campain (Turok: Rage Wars is to Unreal Tournament as Turok is to Unreal, you see. Rage Wars was pure multiplayer.)

Primary fire did a moderate amount of damage, but the seccondary fire is what made the gun stand out. It took a few secconds to charge, then it shot one charged shot, and if it hit another player, that player would get a message saying (s)he was infected by an embrio and had about ten secconds to frag the person who shot him/her before the embryo spawned, and burst out of their chest, killing them. Was actually pretty cool.

Less than three feet away from me is said Turok game; I could probably model and skin an updated (higher poly, for one thing....) version of it, if some one else could code it.

Comment

I know a weapon that caused serious trouble from U4E in UT2004. It's called a Fleshbomb Rifle.
            It shoots a red dart that causes the body to explode in a nuclear explosion. No way to get it off... no way to survive.

Comment

I remember a little about the fleshbomb. A bit too instagib for me, though... I like having a catch in it, where there's a chance you can survive it.

Comment

I agree. This is a very cool idea, but it needs a way out. Stuff shouldn't just be fun to use, it should also be fun to have it used on you.

Possible solutions:
                • The parasite is purged/killed when the host picks up health.
                • The injector is a melee weapon. Shooting people that charge you is good tactics for more than just this reason.
                • The injector fires drones that hover towards you and try to inject you, giving you a chance to shoot them out of the sky or shieldgun them when they bump into you.

Comment

Though it seems like picking up Health might be the best way to balance it out, it might be too much of a ripoff of the Fleshbomb rifle, because that's exactly what counters its effect. U4E allows you to configure how much time the person that was hit has left to pick up health before the explosion goes off, so it isn't instagib at all like SolaceEternal mentioned. And it has only 5 ammo, too. I think its a fairly balanced weapon that needs lots of strategy to be used to its best effect. And what's more important about U4e, regarding this topic, they have a slightly different version of a parasite gun, too. It's called the bug gun. It shoots eggs wich break on impact and release larvas that will creep around and attach to every player they touch, so you better hit your opponent well or they come back to you. When they are attached to a player they slowly suck out his health. When they absorbed enough health, there is a chance they mutate into pupae and other small Unreal monsters. Secondary fire is a grappling device (the bugs tongue shoots out). A very crazy weapon, but very funny.

So this gun should really be set apart from that one to be more unique, maybe like this: The gun should slowly decrease the health of the person that was hit, and upon death let the person mutate into the Monster, think like "Dr. UT-Player and Mr. Hyde".
                  The decrease should be slowly so that the infected person can survive some time by picking up enough health, but to cure it completely the person who infected the player must be killed (possible explanation: he carries the antidote with him). When the infected person is killed by another weapon no mutation will happen (unless you want them to turn into zombies).

Comment

You mean to say there's a new U4E Pack out?

Comment

Well, version 5 isn't out yet, but you can find the bug gun in the latest beta, 4.x or so. Version 5 will contain bugfixes and special animations for e.g. the Katana. Very promising stuff, but their coders have to deal with some real-life problems first...

Comment

Can I get a link for it?

(I just love U4E's stuff!)

Comment

Who doesn't love it?

http://u4e.dangerous-minds.net/viewtopic.php?t=549

Comment

I didnt want the forum....

but I did find the download.

Comment

I pointed you to the forum because you can not only find the download there, but also the informations what you can expect. Read the comments in that thread and you'll notice that this beta has one or more severe bugs that cause massive fps drops. IMO it is almost unplayable atm. I'd recommend to wait until they finished the final Version 5 release. Or search for v5b3, that release didn't have fps issues. I don't know where to find that one, though...

Comment

Working...
                              X