transpider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by porkmanii
    You're too lazy to type 4 extra letters? You're obviously too lazy to use punctuation and good grammar.

good read
    I like that read! I have to continue perusing that site at a later time.

As far as Sarge-David goes well that's another story. I'd hope he/or she has a problem with the English language as it might not be their first language. Of course after reading most of the posts I'd settle for some younger kid whose sig is more befitting of himself versus the other way around.

Comment

i have een time over time people do the most stupidest stuff for the stupidest reasons

and i have a problem writing words i dont use every hour :/
      what i forget how somethings are spelled and some things i never learned how 2 spell :/

GET OFF MY BACK!

Comment

Well i began mucking around with it, I gave it a slightly stronger explosion

[shot]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/nick089/boomy.jpg[/shot]

That's the levi explosion for the real noobies
        I got the DamageType and the sound directly.

The actual leviathan deals damage wierdly in stages, so it's not a direct copy. However, the total damage radius and around about the right damage is in there. (actually slightly weaker it seems).

EDIT:
        OH... the levi deals 1000 damage each stage for 6 stages. Giving a total of 6000 damage. (my transspider was only doing 1000 )

EDIT 2:
        It dosen't seem to do damage to powernodes. I think this is consistent with the original too. Haven't checked Powercore/Destroyable Assault objectives yet. I'm guessing the problem lies in the PowerNode code where it wont take damage from just any random pawn.

Comment

wow over kill O.o
          but im just waiting for porkmanii (be happy ill spell your full name)
          ohyea i played on that 1 dudes server but they want a more developed verson of the transpider so porkmanii its all up 2 you

finish it porkmanii your our only hope

Comment

Originally posted by i|nick89|
            EDIT 2:
            It dosen't seem to do damage to powernodes. I think this is consistent with the original too. Haven't checked Powercore/Destroyable Assault objectives yet. I'm guessing the problem lies in the PowerNode code where it wont take damage from just any random pawn.
            I was wrong, your version does damage powernodes.
            Now im Confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge-David
              wow over kill O.o
              but im just waiting for porkmanii (be happy ill spell your full name)
              ohyea i played on that 1 dudes server but they want a more developed verson of the transpider so porkmanii its all up 2 you

finish it porkmanii your our only hope
              Didn't he say he was working on other things and probably wouldn't look at it again this year?

Give him a break.

Comment

Triple Post?
                The TransSpider can't use jumppads. I dug up the code and found only the following lines preventing it:

Code:
                JumpPad.uc:

event Touch(Actor Other)
                {
                	if ( (Pawn(Other) == None) || (Other.Physics == PHYS_None) || (Vehicle(Other) != None) )
                		return;

}

event PostTouch(Actor Other)
                {
                	local Pawn P;

P = Pawn(Other);
                	if ( (P == None) || (P.Physics == PHYS_None) || (Vehicle(Other) != None) || (P.DrivenVehicle != None) )
                		return;

}

UTJumpPad.uc (extends the above):
                event Touch(Actor Other)
                {

if ( (UnrealPawn(Other) == None) || (Other.Physics == PHYS_None) )
                		return;
                }
                This would leave me to believe that the TransSpider is a Pawn, but not an UnrealPawn?
                EDIT:
                Checked, it is.

Comment

Quadruple Post

I decided to do a test and Change the SpiderPawn to extend UnrealPawn instead of Pawn.

Of course i have no idea of the implications of doing this and what properties it will inherit. Nevertheless, the UnrealPawn TransSpider can use JumpPads, unfortunateley the editor fixes them a little way above the ground, the spider being small, you have to jump up into the UTJumpPad actor.

EDIT:
                  A pic, sending the lil fella on his way:

[shot]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/nick089/jump.jpg[/shot]

EDIT 2:
                  Had a look at UnrealPawn, it seems to have some usefull functions. I'm about to test my TransSpider with the ability to pick up inventory...

SEVERAL MINUTES LATER

a successfulll test. The spider was able to pick up health, weapons ammo and Double Damage.
                  Couldn't pick up Shields.

And of course you could pick up the weapons, but there was no way to use them.

Pic: Mr Spider picks up the rocket ammo.

Comment

5th POSt in a ROW :cry:

Problems Found:
                    • Jump Pads Don't work (see fix above)
                    • Lift's Don't Work
                    • Stupidness when a mapper has used blocking volumes necessary to walk on.

I've started looking at the necessary code to give the master the pickups which the spider gets.

EDIT:

Just found out that you have deliberateley disallowed the use of movers and Objectives!

EDIT 2:
                    I've taken out "Discrimination Code" from my version.
                    Code:
                    function GiveWeapon(string aClassName )
                    {
                        // never give weapons to Spiders
                    }

function bool AddInventory( inventory NewItem )
                    {
                        // never allow inventory
                        return false;
                    }

simulated function bool IsPlayerPawn()
                    {
                        // don't allow Spider to trigger objectives (or movers)
                        return false;
                    }
                    My spider can now pick up weapons and use them!

EDIT 3:
                    I didn't realise the irony until i got my TransSpider to pick up a Mine Layer in Torlan.
                    Here is a Screenshot of a TransSpider, with his very own spider mines:

[shot]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/nick089/mypretties.jpg[/shot]

And Badass Combo Spider:

[shot]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/nick089/meanspider.jpg[/shot]

about to add in a crosshair.

Comment

give me a download please

anyway porkmanii is probly doing something like xXx and that T-dude and is doing 101 projects :/

ohwell wheres a good tutorial place for me 2 learn scripting :/
                      and what do i need 2 do it with? conTEXT?

anyway that looks so **** SWEET!
                      get 8 spider mines in 1 life
                      this can make my day >: )

Comment

BTW Sarge-David that was my server I believe that you were referencing above, hope you had a good time.

I'm working on getting my other server online this coming week!?!? *crosses fingers*

KZXten's Frag Fest

Comment

My TransSpider found a crosshair lying around the place

[shot]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/nick089/xhair.jpg[/shot]

My TransSpider can also use lilfts, build powernodes, carry and capture flags/ bombing run balls.

The only thing i haven't done is given my TransSpider a TransSpider Launcher lol

OH BTW:
                          People are asking for a download of my version, If you want it you need to come and talk to me privately on MSN. I will not be releasing my version publically because
                          a) this is porkmanii's mod
                          b) 99% of the coding is still his

Comment

Multiple spiders would also PWN, but im guessing this poses an annoying coding problem as well as the fact the game would be way of balance.
                            Balance could be an issue, but I don't imagine it would be much of a problem to code. It'd be more of an issue of controls - i.e. how you launch more than one, and how you recall them, as well as how you switch between them.
                            Originally posted by KZXten
                            Just a random thought, first could the TransSpider be given an AI of sorts to go pick up items that might be near by? Or seperately coded that when it's full of ammo to return to drop it off?
                            Random thoughts are good. TransSpider extends Pawn in order to allow a player to control it. Similarly, the TransSpider could be controlled by an AI. I haven't done much with AI's in UT2004 (aside from weapon AI), but I think this would be a worthy undertaking. :up:
                            what i forget how some things are spelled and some things i never learned how 2 spell :/ (like the word "to")
                            Oops, did I do that?
                            It dosen't seem to do damage to powernodes.
                            Have a look at TakeDamage() in ONSPowerCore (the base for cores and nodes).
                            Code:
                            if (InstigatorController == None && damageType != None)
                                return;
                            Normally the spider explodes first, and then relinquishes its Controller. Maybe if your version doesn't hurt power nodes, you are dealing damage after the Controller is relinquised. The sequence of events is:
                            Fire -> Died -> BlowUp -> hurt stuff, spawn explosion, Destroy -> Destroyed -> RelinquishController
                            Had a look at UnrealPawn, it seems to have some usefull functions. I'm about to test my TransSpider with the ability to pick up inventory...
                            Are there any "useful functions" in UnrealPawn that are actually suited to a spider? If you just comment out GiveWeapon and AddInventory in ts_SpiderPawn, and put bCanPickupInventory=true in the defaultproperties, the spider can pick up and use inventory (incl. weapons). Shields are implemented in xPawn and not Pawn or ts_SpiderPawn, though, so shield pickups do not work for the spider. Double Damage is also implemented in xPawn, so it won't actually do anything for the spider.
                            Just found out that you have deliberateley disallowed the use of movers and Objectives!
                            I deliberately disallowed the activation of objectives by the spider, but disabling movers was just a side-effect. If the spider can pick up inventory and activate objectives, it can also carry the flag in CTF. Now THAT is stupid.
                            anyway porkmanii is probly doing something like xXx and that T-dude and is doing 101 projects :/
                            [mumble] let's see, TransSpider, Vehicle Skinner, Birds-eye Radar, Rocket Feet... [/mumble] One short of 101. uh, in binary.

"ohwell wheres a good tutorial place for me 2 learn scripting :/
                            and what do i need 2 do it with? conTEXT?
                            "
                            I learnt from the UT/UT2004 source code and the Unreal Wiki. I use WOTgreal, but you only really need Notepad and UCC. ConTEXT is perhaps a little faster (than WOTgreal), but it doesn't have code insight or UnrealScript class tree support.

"get 8 spider mines in 1 life "
                            Just 8? What if you do this:
                            set ONSMineLayer MaxMines 100

btw, does self-destructing the spider also cause its offspring to explode?

meh, i|nick89| quintuple-posts, and I'm addicted to [quote].

Comment

Originally posted by porkmanii
                              Have a look at TakeDamage() in ONSPowerCore (the base for cores and nodes).
                              Code:
                              if (InstigatorController == None && damageType != None)
                                  return;
                              Normally the spider explodes first, and then relinquishes its Controller. Maybe if your version doesn't hurt power nodes, you are dealing damage after the Controller is relinquised. The sequence of events is:
                              Fire -> Died -> BlowUp -> hurt stuff, spawn explosion, Destroy -> Destroyed -> RelinquishController

Are there any "useful functions" in UnrealPawn that are actually suited to a spider? If you just comment out GiveWeapon and AddInventory in ts_SpiderPawn, and put bCanPickupInventory=true in the defaultproperties, the spider can pick up and use inventory (incl. weapons). Shields are implemented in xPawn and not Pawn or ts_SpiderPawn, though, so shield pickups do not work for the spider. Double Damage is also implemented in xPawn, so it won't actually do anything for the spider.
                              Part a : Will take a look now.
                              Part b: on closer inspection, not really, but atleast it can use jump pads

Comment

yea having the translocater beam on a jump pad jump is SWEET! i just love how it looks^^

anyway yea 2 many things <.< i try 2 stay 2 a max of 2 per subject

btw check ur pm's <.<

Comment

Working...
                                X