Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the server?

Comment

If you are talking about mine, it's an INVasion server. As soon as I was about to put it in the server got busy ACK!

Of course I have JB, BA, TAM, and Assassin on it. Soon it'll be more dedicated to the later and the fore mentioned will be on a fat pipe in the near future.

Comment

yea sounds good id like 2 join^^ but dont sound good for invasion :/

Comment

INVasion RPG is mostly what's played on the server, once in a while some join that want a change or just happen to find that there are the other game types installed. You are more then welcome to come on in, the community is nice, we don't encourage spamming or tons of foul language, it's a pretty good community.

Comment

cool whats the name :P

Comment

Well, look at my sig....KZXten's Frag Fest...follow the link on my sig and it'll take ya on in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by KZXten
                I'm now wondering if this will work with the holocator? Or will the code conflict with one another?
                Most likely only one of them would be given to a player. Even if you used WoRM or something similar, it wouldn't be usable anyway, as you wouldn't be able to control the Spider. Reselecting* a weapon only works if there are no other weapons on the slot it belongs to (i.e. for the TL, that's slot 10.)

* The translocam/spider is activated by "reselecting" the TL - by pressing its associated weapon key.
                (BTW can you elaborate on what porkmanii is or stands for, some of us ignorant's out here are/might be curious? :respect: )
                Uh... no. Ever used a random name generator? Needless to say, I have. I used "porkmanii" for an e-mail address 5 years ago, and have kinda stuck with it since then. I used to call myself PsychoticSteve in UT '99. (That's why some of my mods have "ps" prefixed to the package name.)

btw. the "ii" is like "ee", not "2".

googlefight.com says porkmanii wins 919 to 15. :noob:

Comment

meh 2 lazy so ur porky
                  i had a friend named porky and he was cool
                  but i didnt see him anymore :/
                  anyway you 2 are both cool

Comment

You're too lazy to type 4 extra letters? You're obviously too lazy to use punctuation and good grammar.

What if I said I was too lazy to do any further work on TransSpider, or that I was too lazy to ever release it?

Slightly OT:
                    Originally posted by Carrington Vanston dot net
                    You didn't think you could just spell words accurately and use correct grammar did you? Oh no, we have a different way of doing things here. We call it: illiteracy.
                    good read

Comment

Hate to burst my bubble?!?! Maybe you need to look at whose code this is versus trying to make it yours. Unless I missed something you talked about this being a support spider instead of just being a Transpider NOT you coding a support spider, so again if I missed something this is still porkmanii's code not yours. So if you want a support spider...code away :icon14: I just thought your idea sounded pretty good.

If you've read above regarding the idea of making it so that you could ride in the Transpider then you can use it to say ride in it across the ceiling and drop down behind enemy lines.

Umm... What? I said that you couldn't do spider steriods, and you instantly jump at the chance to yell at me. I'm not a coder, for one. I've never touched any code besides html. I wasn't trying to make it mine, I was GIVING SUGGESTIONS. It was something that I mentioned first, so I was telling him how I would of wanted it, giving him an outline of how I wanted it. He can easily do otherwise, but still.

Oh, and porkmanii, I ment as a way to blow up the spider on command. and when you say potentially use any pick-up, does that mean it'd automatically use any pick-up he picked up?

Comment

then porky id have 2 learn scripting and do it without you :P
                        but i dont want 2 do that :/
                        anyway it lets get over the simplazation of ur name and you can call em sarge or david or SD :P
                        your pick

Comment

Originally posted by Pauldahedgie
                          Oh, and porkmanii, I ment as a way to blow up the spider on command. and when you say potentially use any pick-up, does that mean it'd automatically use any pick-up he picked up?
                          Firing blows up the TransSpider. Suiciding ("suicide" command) also blows it up, but that disrupts the beacon (obviously not a problem if there is no beacon .)

With a very small code modification, the spider can be made able to pick up, and therefore use, inventory (health, weapons, etc.). As far as I can tell, the only problems with it are:
                          - it doesn't make sense
                          - Spiders have no implementation of a Shield, so shield pickups don't work
                          - 3rd person weapon models aren't visible (no attachment point)

Otherwise the spider can use inventory as normal - much like a very small player.

It is possible to override what happens when you try to pick up an item. So, for example, the spider could simulate picking up the item, but actually just remember what type of item it was. Then, when the spider dies or issues a command (such as ThrowWeapon), it could throw out copies of whatever types of pickups it "picked up". It would also be possible to limit how much the spider can "carry".

It's quite funny seeing a TransSpider firing out Spider Mines... The Link Gun linking looks quite cool as well, with the actual Link Gun being invisible (and the "muzzle flash" bigger than the spider.)
                          Originally posted by Sarge-David
                          then porky id have 2 learn scripting and do it without you :P
                          but i dont want 2 do that :/
                          anyway it lets get over the simplazation of ur name and you can call em sarge or david or SD :P
                          your pick
                          It's simplification, not "simplazation", and I find it insulting.

Judging by your posts, I'd say learning scripting would be quite a challenge. So get started.

Comment

zzzzzzzz i always make ppl's names smaller
                            because some ppl got some annoying long names so i just make very 1s names about.......half wayish smaller or whtever

yea you should see some of the amazingly interesting miniturizing of others names

but dont take it as a insult that i make ur name smaller 2 make it easier for the stupid people

anyway keep up the good work

Comment

Im not sure what's more exciting, Sarge's grammatical adventures in this thread or the actual mod.

I must say I love the work you've done on it, i can also appreciate the work you have put in, having had enough trouble just to get a weapon ammo modifier mutator i made to work online

I'll definitely check out the source code and observe with wonderment and awe.

I'd love to see the Spider picks up item -> master recieves item option. Would be fantastic.

Multiple spiders would also PWN, but im guessing this poses an annoying coding problem as well as the fact the game would be way of balance.

This project has almost inspired me to do some unrealscripting again. Cheers.
                              Maybe i could add some little modifications to the spider as practice
                              I'll tell you if any of them turn out any good

Comment

Just a random thought, first could the TransSpider be given an AI of sorts to go pick up items that might be near by? Or seperately coded that when it's full of ammo to return to drop it off? I guess in this manner it would almost be acting like 'pets' in the RPG module 'monster summon'.

Pauldahedgie, look..the way I worded my original post could have been miscontrued and of course it might have been the opposite that it was understood and you miscontrued my meaning. I had read the thread and already knew that 'spider steroids' would not work which is why I said spider steriod type use not using 'spider steroids'.

As far as the way you worded your ideas for the code it made it sound like you were either the lead on the project or it was your code that you wanted to include certain aspects. That's how I took the message that you posted, I'm not sure how porkmanii took it but I guess I'm not the one that counts but porkmanii.

All in all I didn't just happen by and not read the thread and start posting. You showed up, just recently also I might add, and start saying I hate to burst your bubble, well a more appropriate way to enter in the conversation would be "the TransSpider does not work with Spider Steroids as posted earlier, sorry." or something of that nature. IF you are going to post try not to have a negative conotation to it then you might not get one in return. If my message was misconstrued then I apologize if not then the prob is with your choice of words.

KZXten

Comment

Working...
                                X