No announcement yet.

transpider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except, it could only carry around a certian number of weapons (probably about 3 at the most).

Comment

yea but probly just 1 or health or a sheald
      because they small

Comment

Originally posted by Pauldahedgie
        Hey guys, I just read through this topic, and it gave me an idea. What if you could have an support spider, instead of just being a Transpider. It would be cool to pick up weapons and deliver them to teammates where they can't get ammo (camping spots), or even carry around their translocators.
        Good idea, I'll think about it.

Comment

yea us^^

more things for you 2 do

Comment

Normal guys are *****-whipped. These guys are nerd-whipped.

Oh, I also thought i'd be cool to carry health, if possible.

And if the Supportspider was destroyed, and enemy could pick up whatever you were carrying, unless you self-destructed.

Comment

dude thats a great idea
              we could use like a wildcard spawn and the helix code(has spawns inside of it)
              so allow it 2 spawn we just got 2 make it so it only pics up weapons and dont continually spawns the same thing <.<

be good for hiding with the flag allowing you 2 retreave health 2 keep you alive

Comment

Cool idea and I LIKE it!!! After reading through the tread after being redirected from the beta release thread all I can say is good job!!! I'm interested to try it out.

The idea of riding in your spider would be really cool for sneaking up on the other team or others like campers or sneaking in and getting a flag in CTF.

The idea above relating to carring ammo would be great especially to drop off ammo by recalling your trans.

An idea regarding a steroid spider type use, use the link gun to grow your transpider into a vehicle with a mounted weapon of sorts?!?! Or you might be able to grow it to enter is as a shield and use what weapons you have on hand for example if you have a flak in your hand(s) (dual weapon mod?) it acts as a transpider mounted weapon?

I'd be interested in trying it out as I use the sticky trans atm on my server. I have another server coming online shortly and I think I'll put this on my current server to give it a test run possibly before staging it to run on my other server when it comes online (gig upstream WOOT).

Comment

Originally posted by KZXten
                  Cool idea and I LIKE it!!! After reading through the tread after being redirected from the beta release thread all I can say is good job!!! I'm interested to try it out.

The idea of riding in your spider would be really cool for sneaking up on the other team or others like campers or sneaking in and getting a flag in CTF. You can't RIDE the spider, you just control it. Think of it like a redeemer.

The idea above relating to carring ammo would be great especially to drop off ammo by recalling your trans. My idea wasn't a continuation of the Transpider, it's just a "Supportspider" But you COULD shoot your own translocator, pick it up, and carry it to whereever, but you'd have to set it down.

An idea regarding a steroid spider type use, use the link gun to grow your transpider into a vehicle with a mounted weapon of sorts?!?! Or you might be able to grow it to enter is as a shield and use what weapons you have on hand for example if you have a flak in your hand(s) (dual weapon mod?) it acts as a transpider mounted weapon? This has already been discussed, and the creators said that the Spider steriods don't work on it because the spider steriods target vehicles (I think it was), but the Tanspider is under the category of "Pawn"

I'd be interested in trying it out as I use the sticky trans atm on my server. I have another server coming online shortly and I think I'll put this on my current server to give it a test run possibly before staging it to run on my other server when it comes online (gig upstream WOOT).
                  Sorry to burst your bubble on anything.

And her's a quick reminder of what I'd like it to do.

Supportspider can
                  Carry weapons
                  Carry ammo
                  Carry health (could it)?)
                  Carry shields (could it?)
                  Carry translocators (I'm debating anout enemy ones. What do you guys think?)
                  Explode (possibly set off the wepon it's carrying at the same time)

For carrying weapos, I belive you guys could have it so the Supportspider acts as you (to a given limit). Then you can pick up the weapons, and as long as the weapons aren't shown, you should be able to take away shooting and reroute the control to blow up the spider.

Note: The Supportspider couldn't carry superweapons, I don't think it would be fair.

Comment

we could always make the translocater/transpider switcher 2 a transpider/transporter

anyway porky is probly working on them adjustments and will probly release another beta befor X-mas(hoping)

anyway BETA1.0 not BETA0.9 has online play

and i will put my link up later for 1.0

so what server is it?
                    i wanta play

Comment

Originally posted by porkmanii
                      N/A. As I said, Spider Steroids does not work with the TransSpider. (Technically it is not a Spider Mine, just a Pawn that looks like one.)

If you had asked "will it be possible", I would have responded with "most likely." Spider Steroids will be implemented as an option, with the ability to ride it (or how large it must be) as another option. It might be a bit strange being able to stand on its legs, though.

Alternatively (or in addition to the above), I might make it possible to enter the Spider. Maybe even attach a turret to it (what happens if you recall it while inside it :bulb:.)DOH!!!! Like I was saying a spider sterioid type use as in coding it like the steriod spider so you could possibly grow it to ride in it, I know that the steriod spider mod doesn't work with it...I read the thread

Oh, and I think it might be a good idea for me to disable entering vehicles when it gets that large. :haha:

At the moment I'm working on online-compatibility for the TransSpider and another mod I'm working on (they are seperate, it's just easier to test them both at once). The only thing stopping the player from controlling their Spider in a network game, at the moment, is... a small omission. To fix it, I had to insert:
                      Code:
                      , Spider

There are other issues, though...

Sorry to burst your bubble on anything.

And her's a quick reminder of what I'd like it to do.

Supportspider can
                      Carry weapons
                      Carry ammo
                      Carry translocators (I'm debating anout enemy ones. What do you guys think?)
                      Explode (possibly set off the wepon it's carrying at the same time)

For carrying weapos, I belive you guys could have it so the Supportspider acts as you (to a given limit). Then you can pick up the weapons, and as long as the weapons aren't shown, you should be able to take away shooting and reroute the control to blow up the spider.

Note: The Supportspider couldn't carry superweapons, I don't think it would be fair.
                      Hate to burst my bubble?!?! Maybe you need to look at whose code this is versus trying to make it yours. Unless I missed something you talked about this being a support spider instead of just being a Transpider NOT you coding a support spider, so again if I missed something this is still porkmanii's code not yours. So if you want a support spider...code away :icon14: I just thought your idea sounded pretty good.

If you've read above regarding the idea of making it so that you could ride in the Transpider then you can use it to say ride in it across the ceiling and drop down behind enemy lines.

Comment

yea isnt that what you do but teleport behind there?
                        im sorry but making it a vehicle is just.....useless
                        like the weapon system on the hammerhead
                        its just useless 2 make it that way

Comment

Originally posted by KZXten
                          The idea of riding in your spider would be really cool for sneaking up on the other team or others like campers or sneaking in and getting a flag in CTF.
                          You can already sneak in and get the flag. What you can't do is scurry away with the flag.

"Or you might be able to grow it to enter is as a shield and use what weapons you have on hand for example if you have a flak in your hand(s) (dual weapon mod?) it acts as a transpider mounted weapon?"
                          Visual feedback is the main problem with that. i.e. how could the guns be mounted, or what would they look like? Also, the current spider model would only look good from a distance/small.
                          It could potentially carry any kind of pickup. It could also potentially use any type of pickup.

"... you should be able to take away shooting and reroute the control to blow up the spider."
                          You've lost me there... ? It wouldn't take anything special to make the Spider blow up...
                          Originally posted by Sarge-David
                          anyway porky is probly working on them adjustments and will probly release another beta befor X-mas(hoping)
                          1. My nick is porkmanii, not pork, porky or pork man. It has nothing at all to do with animals, animal produce, or anything else you can think of.
                          2. I haven't been working on those adjustments, and I probably won't work on them this year.

Comment

Originally posted by porkmanii
                            You can already sneak in and get the flag. What you can't do is scurry away with the flag.COOL!!!

"Or you might be able to grow it to enter is as a shield and use what weapons you have on hand for example if you have a flak in your hand(s) (dual weapon mod?) it acts as a transpider mounted weapon?"
                            Visual feedback is the main problem with that. i.e. how could the guns be mounted, or what would they look like? Also, the current spider model would only look good from a distance/small.eh...it was an idea but I see now where you problems in coding it would be.

It could potentially carry any kind of pickup. It could also potentially use any type of pickup.hmmmm, sounds interesting
                            I'm now wondering if this will work with the holocator? Or will the code conflict with one another?

Sounds really good so far though, let us know when you have the net version ready. I've almost got my other box on the new gig pipe, *sobs* it might have to be rebuilt as when it got to my buddies the hdd decided to come up with bad sectors effecting the OS. At any rate as soon as it comes up it might be fun to play with it on my other box :biggrin: :icon14: , the one that's online now.

Keep up the good work porkmanii:icon14: :icon14:
                            (BTW can you elaborate on what porkmanii is or stands for, some of us ignorant's out here are/might be curious? :respect: )

Comment

the net 1 is already here :icon3:
                              ill post a link 1s i find it :biggrin:
                              ill have 2 post it on the first post sooner or later :frown:

http://groups.msn.com/Transpider/documents.msnw
                              that should be the link 2 beta0.9 and 1.0
                              also in the SSF section are the fun pics i made in school

Comment

Hmmmmm, I might just give it a quick try to see how it works...nobody is on the server atm :tongue:

Comment

Working...
                                X