Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea the light

yea i didnt try the nades yet

i think a biggie back idea is good for it to stick onto players and vehicles because its funny

turn team kill on

attack it to a bots head

then have another bot on the same team run him over XD

yea its a very good start

there a summon command yet?

summon trans.transpiderx

or something >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge-David
      there a summon command yet?

summon trans.transpiderx
      To summon the TransSpider (launcher/weapon):
      summon TransSpider.ts_SpiderLauncherTPickup

A "summon command" is not something mod authors implement. "Summon" spawns an Actor of the specified class - if the class of Actor exists and can be spawned, it is. For example, you could summon a Spider pawn directly, but anything normally done by the weapon (i.e. attaching a Translocator beacon to its head) would not happen. Similarly, "avatar" is a built-in cheat/command (see below.)

The "avatar" cheat allows you to control a Pawn of a given class. It finds the first Pawn (the one which has been alive longest?) which is not the Pawn under your control, and possesses it. Unfortunately, "avataring" a bot's Pawn prevents the bot from functioning (for the rest of the match) and causes a whole bunch of warnings to appear in the log file.

To summon and control a Spider, you can use the following sequence of commands:
      summon TransSpider.ts_SpiderPawn
      suicide
      avatar TransSpider.ts_SpiderPawn

ts_SpiderPawn is the base class for remote-controllable Spiders. ts_SpiderBeaconPawn is used by the TransSpider, but unless it is actually launched from the TransSpider, it will not function correctly, and none of the TL functions will be present.

If the spider would then die, you would not return to your original Pawn - it would be left standing there, which is why I included the "suicide" command above. You could use "avatar xGame.xPawn", but doing so is not recommended if there are bots in the match (see above.)

And don't even bother avataring an Invasion monster. If you do, it ends up looking like you did.

Comment

sweet
        we got questions on the beta mod transpider line :P
        ohyea add that summon to the readme :P

anyway WE PWN!

lets see questions questions

ohyea with the nade slowing
        with 8+ it will go 50% speed
        from there it works on a 1/8th decress of about
        8xA=50ish.....50-8=42 so thats like 7 so.....2.0/8=X
        2.00\40x5=.......**** wheres my calculater?

ok its 6.25% for every nade on it

what is all the options we have in the final so far?

ohyea its not a TransSpider its a Transpider
        Translocating Spider Mine
        it looks better :P

Comment

sweet
          we got questions on the beta mod transpider line :P
          The what?

"ohyea with the nade slowing
          with 8+ it will go 50% speed
          from there it works on a 1/8th decress of about
          8xA=50ish.....50-8=42 so thats like 7 so.....2.0/8=X
          2.00\40x5=.......**** wheres my calculater?

ok its 6.25% for every nade on it
          "
          What are you trying to accomplish with that "math"? What do A and X represent? :weird:

1. What is 8xA=50, and how did you get that from a 1/8th decrease after 8 grenades?
          2. As above for 50-8=42, and how did you get 7 from that?
          3. How did you get 6.25% from any of the above?
          :bulb:

If you wanted 50% less speed per 8 grenades, it would have been less confusing to say it that way. (You make it sound like 8 or more grenades should slow it down by 50%, i.e. more grenades makes no difference.) I say something like:
          8 (grenades) = (50% of Speed) = (100% of Speed) / 2
          so 8 * 2 = Speed
          16 = Speed
          so the rate per grenade = 1 / 16 = 6.25%

Is that more or less how you worked it out, and if so, why in he|| did you post that other nonsense?

Anyway...
          "with 8+ it will go 50% speed"
          Phrase it as a question. You have no control over the design decisions I make. The Spider will most likely slow down the same as a Spider Mine, which is:
          ScurrySpeed = default.ScurrySpeed / (NumOfGrenades + 1)
          so 1 grenade is 1/2
          2 is 1/3
          3 is 1/4
          etc.

"what is all the options we have in the final so far?"
          What do you mean by "in the final so far"? There are no options in the final, as it does not yet exist...

All options in the current version are listed in the readme. Any options not yet implemented have not been decided on.

"ohyea its not a TransSpider its a Transpider
          Translocating Spider Mine
          it looks better :P
          "
          Not to me, it doesn't. wtf is a "Tran"? Or a "pider"? TransSpider is short for Translocating Spider. Mines are more like traps (which it isn't) so I'd just say "Spider". (A "mine" is an explosive device that explodes on contact, proximity or time fuse - something Spider beacons do not do.)

If it really bothers you, try going in to "TransSpider.int" and replacing "TransSpider" with "Transpider".

Comment

I dled the mod and it's good.

Comment

ARG its weard math that i tried to do :P
              see with 8 mines you move 1 unit every 1 min so that cant work good so i wanted to atlest put a limit on the slowage so that you can still move it :/
              maybe the mines will stop slowing it down when it gets to 50% or 25%speed left so that it can atlest be useful

yea TRANslocater SPIDERmine
              how dues 2 s's next to eachother look good?

like......muteexile

dont ask it just dont look right :P

besides in all my posts where did you see 2 S's

what i ment by in the final version options is that
              is all the options we think should be in it
              the versions to come :/

some times the camra gets weard.....
              like on the bridge of faith it gets weard of the bridges and some of the walls

and yea it gets thrown around ALOT

also when some 1 destroys it you cant spawn a new 1 :/
              can you fix that or is that 1 box that is auto unchecked :/

yea theres alot of stuff we got to get working and things we got to get in it

Comment

yea iv found a glitch

yea.....run onto a ceiling then press c then when you fall press q and look YOUR UPSIDEDOWN!
                its very annoying trying to run around with this trying to go upside down and right side up

zzzzzz

Comment

Lol
                  "Help! I'm a transpider and I can't get up!"

Comment

ARG its weard math that i tried to do :P
                    see with 8 mines you move 1 unit every 1 min so that cant work good so i wanted to atlest put a limit on the slowage so that you can still move it :/
                    maybe the mines will stop slowing it down when it gets to 50% or 25%speed left so that it can atlest be useful
                    I'd say the idea is to make it too slow to use. 8 grenades is way too powerful. Normally it'd be a lot more difficult (or time consuming) to throw 8 grenades at someone...

btw, it's 58 units per second, not 1 unit per minute. Weird math indeed.

"yea TRANslocater SPIDERmine
                    how dues 2 s's next to eachother look good?
                    "
                    It isn't two s's, it's an s and an S.

Like I said, if you don't like "TransSpider", edit the .int file.

"besides in all my posts where did you see 2 S's"
                    What does that have to do with it? You haven't contributed as much to the current build as you may think.

"what i ment by in the final version options is that
                    is all the options we think should be in it
                    the versions to come :/
                    "
                    Yeah, I figured. I was just picking on your Engrish.

As I said, any options not yet implemented have not been decided on. The options/ideas I have in my "design document" are:
                    - Random damage on explosion (configurable min/max)
                    - Beep 3 times before exploding
                    - Feedback response when Spider is killed
                    - Option to disable ceiling climbing
                    - Configurable health
                    - Attaching grenades slows the Spider down
                    - Max Translocation Range (stops translocation beyond a certain distance)
                    - Camera Cutoff Method - i.e. bad reception (as it is now), slows down, or instant recall
                    - Option to disable beacon disruption (i.e. beacon recalls when Spider is destroyed)
                    - MouseWheel controls zoom in FP as well as TP
                    - Spider Steroids

None of which have been implemented yet.

"some times the camra gets weard.....
                    like on the bridge of faith it gets weard of the bridges and some of the walls
                    "
                    Could you be more specific?

Spiders can't climb on BlockingVolumes, otherwise they'd be able to "climb" in mid-air at the edges of some maps. Getting "thrown off" the wall is what happens when the wall is a BlockingVolume.

"and yea it gets thrown around ALOT"
                    The camera is relative to the Spider. If the Spider is constantly changing angles, so is the camera. In the default spidering code, the TP camera wasn't relative, which was a lot harder to control.

"also when some 1 destroys it you cant spawn a new 1 :/
                    can you fix that or is that 1 box that is auto unchecked :/
                    "
                    An "option to disable beacon disruption" is on my TODO list (above.) The beacon being disrupted is intentional - it is the same as what happens when you damage a Translocator Beacon. Err... I mean that is what happens. :bulb:

"yea theres alot of stuff we got to get working and things we got to get in it "
                    And by "we" you mean porkmanii and myself. Oh wait, that's just me. :weird:

yea.....run onto a ceiling then press c then when you fall press q and look YOUR UPSIDEDOWN!
                    its very annoying trying to run around with this trying to go upside down and right side up
                    Strange... when I try it, the Spider corrects itself as soon as it lands. Anyway, moving the mouse while controlling the Spider should definitely put it the right way up...

One related bug I can think of is throwing a Spider directly onto the ceiling - you can't aim. In that case, you just have to jump down and climb up the wall.

You can always just detonate the Spider and create a new one...

[OT]
                    Can anyone guess the story behind this fellow (Redivivus)?

Anyone want a paint job for their Raptor?

(No new textures were created - it seems I was in the mood for Shaders :bulb:.)

meh... too many images again, so no smilies. Maybe I should split my posts up?

Comment

Originally posted by porkmanii
                      Spiders can't climb on BlockingVolumes, otherwise they'd be able to "climb" in mid-air at the edges of some maps. Getting "thrown off" the wall is what happens when the wall is a BlockingVolume.
                      Is that default spidering behavior or did you code some BlockingVolume detection yourself? If the latter, how about allowing it to climb "smaller" BlockingVolumes? The ones used to seal maps are pretty much always huge. The difference between collision and a BlockingVolume is of a technical nature, not functional. It'd be odd if the spider could climb wall A but not identical-looking wall B.

Originally posted by porkmanii
                      Can anyone guess the story behind this fellow (Redivivus)?
                      Uhm... it's a cyborg that got pwned by link beams, but instead of fully skeletizing it soaked the link energy into its capacitators and lives on!!1! Yeah, something like that.

Comment

good list
                        make that a wall+ceiling so it be easier to make and understand

yea the bridges.....some places the spider just turns sideways or backwards on the bridges
                        just press foward and try to get across

i really like the bounceing off a player
                        i in 1A-NewCity while standing outside of the blue base jumped off my player and reached the top of the base XD

SO FUN!

ok didnt know some walls in the bridge of faith had blocking volumes on em >.>

just because i cant make the thing dont mean im not helping :P

yea with that slow down turn on or off we dont really have to do anything :P

yea with the destroy untill you die thing isnt the best of ideas because when im using it i intend to use it more then 1c befor i die

but with the option make it so that the defult is turned off so it is easier on the players

yea.......the way it reacts to shock balls and stuff it looks like it only like 2 pounds

how heavy is a spider mine anyway?

make an option to make the transbeam gro longer or shorter

i love that thing so fun to watch XD

ohyea on the normal translocater the beam dont have lagg from what iv seen >.>

ANYWAY keep up the good work

Comment

Hmm!! Here's an idea.

What if this Transpider is used with Spider Steroids?

Comment

yea it was said >.>
                            maybe add that to the Transpider zip file

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                              Is that default spidering behavior or did you code some BlockingVolume detection yourself?
                              It'd be odd if the spider could climb wall A but not identical-looking wall B.
                              The default behaviour is to allow climbing on anything. I added a bit of BlockingVolume detection. It does have the unfortunate side-effect of kicking the Spider off in places like the Bridge of Fate (at either end, or one of the large "potholes"), or places where small holes have been "optimised" by throwing in a BlockingVolume.

I don't think there is a way to determine the size of a Volume, as it is just a Brush.

[OT]
                              "Uhm... it's a cyborg that got pwned by link beams, but instead of fully skeletizing it soaked the link energy into its capacitators and lives on!!1! Yeah, something like that. "
                              Nice try. :haha:

Name: Redivivus
                              Age: 206 (Romulus was 26, I just whacked in an extra 0)
                              Race: Previously Human

Data:
                              Once a powerful mercenary under a different name, Redivivus was murdered by his employer. 170 years later, he was discovered by a sadistic team of scientists, who attempted to reanimate him. Unfortunately, the process could never be completed. Nonetheless, he became 'Redivivus'.

(Redivivus = Come back to life; revived)

My first attempt at a skin/character. Basically it's just transparent Romulus with the (animating) DeRes skin overlayed. The Species class spawns the DeRes particle effect. At first the skin was just the DeRes skin (without a normal player skin underneath), but that looked a bit too plain. On the other hand, it did look identical to a DeRes'ing corpse. :alien:

I was going to use "Evanescence" (to evanesce is to dissipate or disappear like vapor) but that was too unoriginal.
                              [/OT]

make that a wall+ceiling so it be easier to make and understand
                              The idea is to disable climbing on ceilings, but not walls.

"yea the bridges.....some places the spider just turns sideways or backwards on the bridges
                              just press foward and try to get across
                              "
                              Sounds like the bridge is just a bit bumpy. The Spider orients to the angle of its floor. I assume you meant Bridge of Fate, not bridge of faith. Some of the bridges have BlockingVolumes at either end, as well as covering large holes.

"i really like the bounceing off a player "
                              It can be fun, but it will be fixed when I figure out how.

"ok didnt know some walls in the bridge of faith had blocking volumes on em >.>"
                              If you open the editor, Volumes are those pink boxes/shapes. Right-clicking on one will tell you what it is.

"just because i cant make the thing dont mean im not helping :P"
                              You are helping by giving feedback and ideas - i.e. by telling what isn't working, and things to get in it. I'm the one who actually does it, so in this context it is "porkmanii" not "we".

"yea with that slow down turn on or off we dont really have to do anything :P"
                              "slow down turn on or off"? We don't have to do anything? Sounds good to me.

"yea with the destroy untill you die thing isnt the best of ideas because when im using it i intend to use it more then 1c befor i die"
                              It's a balance thing. As I said, it does exactly what the normal TL does. You just have to either not get killed, or go and pick up your beacon when you do.

"but with the option make it so that the defult is turned off so it is easier on the players"
                              I intend on staying true to the Spider Mine cross TL concept. The TL beacon disrupts when it gets damaged, so the Spider Beacon will also (by default).

"how heavy is a spider mine anyway?"
                              1/10 the Mass of a normal player. I've tried putting that back to 100 (normal player Mass) but it didn't seem to make any difference...

"make an option to make the transbeam gro longer or shorter"
                              Maybe.

"ohyea on the normal translocater the beam dont have lagg from what iv seen >.>"
                              As I said, I think it is a side-effect of attaching the beacon to the Spider.

Originally posted by LorinUT
                              What if this Transpider is used with Spider Steroids?
                              As it is, Spider Steroids wouldn't work (it works with Mine projectiles, and the Spider is a Pawn.) I think I know of a way to make the Link Gun actually link with the Spider, ala. vehicle linking. As to what should happen next, your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

Hmm but it be fun to have some longer tails every so often because ITS JUST SO **** FUN TO USE

yea iv had some fun with the spidermine chasing the transpider
                                that playerbounce...i want that in an option because its just to fun to not have

or altest on yourteam.....wouldnt they give a hand? XD

yea at times the 100health feels like its not enuff >.>
                                mostly when lots of ppl are shooting you

im going to try it out of a server wootage XD

give feed back if any 1 can join....
                                it probley be VCTF
                                and server name Transpider-server-testing

yea....i need some 1 to join it and it wont be up long >.>

Comment

Working...
                                X