No announcement yet.

transpider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, i'll try some of the log entry stuff.
    All the other suggestions are good, but dosen't change the fact that I have this weapon set up as Instant Kill (no Projectile). I do not expect the damage to be delayed at all.

Comment

OK i added log functionality to the BlowUp Function.

The first time was detonated whilst possesing the pawn.
      The second Time was detonated from TransLauncher.

Loggy:

TransSpider: Controller is:
      TransSpider: ONS-Torlan.xPlayer
      TransSpider: Controller is:
      TransSpider: None

So it seems to be working.

EDIT:
      You would think the effect would be reversed...
      (ie. No damage to nodes from TransLauncher)

Comment

OK i did a better test.
        Firstly i detonated it from the translauncher.
        Secondly I detonated it from the Pawn.

TransSpider: RelinquishController() [START] Controller is: ONS-Torlan.xPlayer
        TransSpider: RelinquishController() [END] Controller is: None
        TransSpider: Died() Controller is: None
        TransSpider: BlowUp() Controller is: None
        TransSpider: RelinquishController() [START] Controller is: None
        TransSpider: Died() Controller is: ONS-Torlan.xPlayer
        TransSpider: BlowUp() Controller is: ONS-Torlan.xPlayer

Comment

Originally posted by i|nick89|
          All the other suggestions are good, but dosen't change the fact that I have this weapon set up as Instant Kill (no Projectile). I do not expect the damage to be delayed at all.
          The "delay" it refers to is a delay between the projectile being created and the projectile causing damage. In this case, its a Pawn and not a projectile, but that just means we have to do a bit more work (i.e. copy some of what projectile does.)
          Code:
          var bool bDelayedDamage; // for delayed damage damagetypes
                // that set Pawn's DelayedDamageInstigatorController
          Here's an example scenario:
          - A projectile spawns, and "remembers" the value of Instigator.Controller
          - Instigator dies before the projectile hits its target (so either Instigator or Instigator.Controller becomes 'none')
          - The projectile hits.

If DamageType.bDelayedDamage is false, the player that spawned the projectile does not get the credit for any damage caused, because Instigator either doesn't exist, or isn't linked with the player's Controller and PlayerReplicationInfo (which holds their name and score.) This also means InstigatorController == none, and ONSPowerCore ignores the damage.

If DamageType.bDelayedDamage is true, the projectile sets DelayedDamageInstigatorController for the target (i.e. the ONSPowerCore), and then calls TakeDamage for the target. This is where this part comes into play:
          Code:
          if (damageType == None || !damageType.default.bDelayedDamage)
              DelayedDamageInstigatorController = None;
          if (instigatedBy != None && instigatedBy.Controller != None)
              InstigatorController = instigatedBy.Controller;
          else
              InstigatorController = DelayedDamageInstigatorController;
          Because Instigator has died (and thus instigatedBy.Controller == none), the DelayedDamageInstigatorController (Instigator's Controller at the time the projectile was spawned) is used instead. (SetDelayedDamageInstigatorController() has to be called to set it, as is done in Projectile.HurtRadius()).
          Originally posted by i|nick89|
          OK i did a better test.
          Firstly i detonated it from the translauncher.
          Secondly I detonated it from the Pawn.

TransSpider: Died() Controller is: None
          TransSpider: BlowUp() Controller is: None
          TransSpider: RelinquishController() [START] Controller is: None
          TransSpider: Died() Controller is: ONS-Torlan.xPlayer
          TransSpider: BlowUp() Controller is: ONS-Torlan.xPlayer
          By "the Pawn", do you mean the spider Pawn, or the player Pawn? I'm going to assume you mean the player Pawn, as the above log would make no sense otherwise.

Did you start and then stop controlling the spider, before firing the 'launcher? That would explain the first two lines. The next three would be as expected - the spider isn't being controlled. From the rest it seems the spider has a Controller when it deals damage... so what's the problem?

You would think the effect would be reversed...
          You're right - I would think that. :weird:

Comment

Nope its logging the Controller property of the SpiderPawn.
            (Or TransBeacon in the case of RelinquishController)

Unless i'm sharply mistaken.

Did you start and then stop controlling the spider, before firing the 'launcher? That would explain the first two lines.
            Yes

Comment

ok very hot (cant say s e x y?)
              so now we are working all this stuff out what other problems do we have that we have not covered yet?

btw how are your other projects going porkmanii?

P.S. my spelling better i guess :P

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge-David
                btw how are your other projects going porkmanii?
                Do you want the long answer or the shorter one? I could fill up a couple pages with a full "progress report", but I don't think I will. I'm sure you can all wait until I release them.

The projects I am currently working on are:

Vehicle Skinner - Allows each player to choose which skins to apply to vehicles they drive (each player/bot can choose their own skins, and it works in network games.) That part works, but I'm still adding more skins. So far I have black, purple and blue skins for all of the stock vehicles (the ones with green/orange skins) as well as a few custom skins. I plan to have initial support for Uncommon's Vivid Vehicles.

(ignore the two green Raptors and the black/blue one in the middle.)

xDragonFly (needs a better name.) Aims at improving the somewhat buggy Dragonfly/ONSBomber. Eventually I plan to make the controls more intuitive (perhaps similar to my Mouse Vehicles mutator) but so far I've only worked on some other issues. (e.g. instant death by bumping terrain, no "destroyed vehicle mesh", etc.)

And to think that was my short answer. My other short answer is:

...good. :downcast:

Comment

Have you tried the ONSXProject bomber? It does more or less what you describe there. I've asked its creator for the source, hoping to improve on it still further (like enabling turning while on the ground...). Maybe we can work on that together.

Comment

yea us

yea that dragon fly thing is weard and i have only managed 2 get it off the ground 1c

what where they thinking on making that?
                    anyway i bet you 2 can make it work like a charm^^

man i wanta learn script but i lost my second disk with 3dbuzz stuff on it :/

cant find it anywhere >.>

ohwell ill get to it some day :/

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                      Have you tried the ONSXProject bomber? It does more or less what you describe there. I've asked its creator for the source, hoping to improve on it still further (like enabling turning while on the ground...). Maybe we can work on that together.
                      No, can't say I have. Where can I find this "ONSXProject"?

The next thing I'm going to try is changing the controls, so that the xDragonFly "translates" pitch and yaw mouse movements into roll and pitch. I'm not sure how well that'll work, considering I won't be changing its physics. (That is, other than disabling hovering beyond a certain Velocity, so the bomber doesn't bounce off/away from terrain.)

What does "get it off the ground 1c" mean? Did you only get it off the ground by the width of a 1c coin? Honestly, it isn't that hard to control once figure out how, especially if you use keyboard look. (Must be a miracle - the keyboard look is actually useful for something.) :bulb:

Comment

um.......what was the people doing when they made this vehicle?
                        its like.....**** :/

Comment

The DragonFly was never completed *, which is why it isn't exactly in the game. You shouldn't critisize them for something they never intended to be used.

* For instance, there is a "destroyed vehicle mesh" for the DragonFly, but it isn't linked with the actual vehicle. There's also a texture for the mesh, but it doesn't use it by default.

Besides, turn god mode on and you've got yourself a fun vehicle. Unless you can't figure out the controls, that is. What specifically makes you think it's ****?

Comment

it just dont work good :/
                            it confuses and annoyes me mes ._.

Comment

Hi all. Back from holidays

Comment

Originally posted by porkmanii
                                Where can I find this "ONSXProject"?
                                I asked the same thing a while back:
                                Originally posted by Butcherboy and others in the Stuka thread

Comment

Working...
                                X