No announcement yet.

transpider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah OK, i'll give you the files when i can find out my FileFront pass (just sent a request for password in e-mail).

Oh and porkmanii, its offspring DO explode.

Comment

XD
      yea i did play that server
      im cyber-bunny
      fear me <.<

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge-David
        anyway yea 2 many things <.< i try 2 stay 2 a max of 2 per subject
        "2", "to" and "too" are NOT interchangable. I can only assume you mean to say:

anyway yea too many things <.< i try to stay to a max of 2 (two) per subject

Even so, I have no idea what you're talking about. Hopefully that wasn't directed at me.
        Originally posted by Carrington Vanston dot net
        The first thing you should know is that if two words sound the same, they are interchangeable. No need to fret over homonyms around here, no sir! Feel free to mix words like “there” and “they're” and “their” randomly and inconsistently—none of us can tell them apart anyway. Such freedom, huh? I knew you'd like that. Soon you'll be checking out whether reports to see what you should where.

Comment

eye r orange^^

anway that looks about right as i try not 2 over tax all the stuff i say i do and try not to let every 1 down <.<

and iv spent alot of hours in online conversations so my words are all mixed with other to make it easier......yea

anyway alcohol dont help at all in a large ammount :/

Comment

to make it easier......yea
            I sure hope that was sarcastic.

Comment

porkmanii, in response to the Not Damaging Powernodes line of thought:
              My code is identical to yours, just a different effect spawned and a few different deafault properties for sound and damage.

Code:
              function Died(Controller Killer, class<DamageType> damageType, vector HitLocation)
              {
                  if (bDeleteMe || Level.bLevelChange || Level.Game == None)
                      return; // already destroyed, or level is being cleaned up

Health = Min(0, Health);

if (DrivenVehicle != None)
                      DrivenVehicle.DriverDied();

Level.Game.NotifyKilled(Killer, Controller, self);

// discard Inventory, but not the flag!
                  PlayerReplicationInfo = none;
                  Level.Game.DiscardInventory(self);

DrivenVehicle = None;

if (IsHumanControlled())
                      PlayerController(Controller).ForceDeathUpdate();

BlowUp(HitLocation);
              }

simulated function BlowUp(Vector HitLocation)
              {
                  if (Role == ROLE_Authority)
                      HurtRadius(Damage, DamageRadius, MyDamageType, MomentumTransfer, HitLocation);

PlaySound(ExplodeSound, SLOT_Misc);

if ( Role == ROLE_Authority && EffectIsRelevant(Location,false) )
                      Spawn(class'ONSMASCannonImplosionEffect'); // Previously ONSGrenadeExplosionEffect

Destroy();
              }
              Code:
              defaultproperties
              {
                   Damage=6000.000000 //Previously 95
                   DamageRadius=2200.000000 // Previously 250
                   MomentumTransfer=50000.000000
                   MyDamageType=Class'OnslaughtFull.DamTypeMASCannon' //Onslaught.DamTypeONSMine
                   //ExplodeSound=SoundGroup'WeaponSounds.RocketLauncher.RocketLauncherFire'
                   ExplodeSound=Sound'ONSVehicleSounds-S.MAS.MASBIGFire01'
              }
              Any thoughts?

Comment

um..........order again i guess :/

Comment

But it's the same as his! BAH!

EDIT: What would you know anyway?

EDIT 2:
                  Found the problem, well the source of it anyway.
                  It happens in both my version AND yours.

The explosion will do no damage to powernodes if you self destruct while possesing the Pawn!

Comment

nice me and porkmanii told you it was order

if he did it wrong then you would do it wrong 2 unless you fix it
                    anyway porkmanii gotta take a note of this for later^^

Comment

OK i know what the problem is. Its trying to do damage after it's died, that's impossible, right? Wrong.

Comment

nice me and porkmanii told you it was order
                        That part is obvious.
                        My guess is that it relinquishes the controller before the explosion (because otherwise yo would die when it was destroyed). I just can't find the place where it does.

Comment

yea well......
                          how sould it go?

trigger->release->expode->visual explosion so have like a delay when the player releases control and have a wait timmer thing of like 1 sec so that in the sequince it will then explode but since it is already told it has to do it, it will do it

so confusing this stuff is :/

anyway wheres that download?

i wanta try it
                          (translocaters wont work when a transpider is controlling it.....because of q would already send you can 2 the player.....yea........)

that be weard 2 have a transpiders transpiders transpider running around......

Comment

trigger->release->expode->visual explosion so have like a delay when the player releases control and have a wait timmer thing of like 1 sec so that in the sequince it will then explode but since it is already told it has to do it, it will do it
                            Erm no. That's the problem. If you relinquish control before you deal the damage then there is no valid instigator and the damage does nothing to Power Cores/Nodes.

Comment

so :P
                              what if you give up control of the spider 2 a nother actor made just for that <.< so like....when you blow it up you change control 2 a scripted bot or something like in the tuts and have that turn on the Self Destruct function making it blow up while still in control of the Death bot

and when you start that change you get a new spider 2 replace the 1 that would be destroyed so that if like i think may happen when it gets destroyed you dont get a new 1

so you just make a new spider thing so you replace the old 1

yea i get what im saying but im trying 2 explain something i dont really know so if this helps at all then yea us

Comment

my words are all mixed with other to make it easier......yea
                                Originally posted by i|nick89|
                                I sure hope that was sarcastic.
                                Well put, though he didn't say who it was to make it easier for.

I've spent plenty of time in online conversations, but you don't see me mixing up words "to make it easier." (I drop capitalization and I abbreviate, but that's about it.)
                                My guess is that it relinquishes the controller before the explosion (because otherwise yo would die when it was destroyed). I just can't find the place where it does.
                                Technically you do die when the spider self-destructs, but Died() is overridden in ts_SpiderPawn so that the game is not notified of the death (Level.Game.Killed() is not called.)

The reason the spider is kicked out of vehicles when they are destroyed is because, previously, the spider was dying and leaving the player's original Pawn in the level (though the player respawned.)

Like I said:
                                Fire -> Died -> BlowUp -> hurt stuff, spawn explosion, Destroy -> Destroyed -> RelinquishController

Although in ts_SpiderBeaconPawn that's more like:
                                Fire -> RecallBeacon() -> WeaponFire.ModeDoFire() -> ProjectileFire.DoFireEffect() -> ts_SpiderFireT.SpawnProjetile -> ts_SpiderLauncherT.SpawnProjectile() -> Died ... etc.

You could try putting a Log() line in BlowUp() and another in RelinquishController(), to see if the Controller is relinquished before it blows up, but I don't see how that's possible. Also log what Controller is in BlowUp(), in case something else is setting it to 'none'.

Another thing to try is to look at Projectile.HurtRadius(). It has a little something extra:
                                Code:
                                Victims.SetDelayedDamageInstigatorController( InstigatorController );
                                Projectile.InstigatorController is set to Instigator.Controller when the projectile is spawned. That way, if Instigator is unpossessed before the projectile gets there, there's a chance whatever is hit will still get the right InstigatorController.
                                Code:
                                //ONSPowerCore
                                if (damageType == None || !damageType.default.bDelayedDamage)
                                    DelayedDamageInstigatorController = None;
                                if (instigatedBy != None && instigatedBy.Controller != None)
                                    InstigatorController = instigatedBy.Controller;
                                else
                                    InstigatorController = DelayedDamageInstigatorController;
                                You could try doing something similar with HurtRadius in ts_SpiderBeaconPawn, setting the DelayedDamageInstigatorController to Spider/self.Instigator.Controller (Instigator being the spider's owner, not the spider.)

You'll have to override DamTypeMASCannon though, and set bDelayedDamage=true.
                                Erm no. That's the problem. If you relinquish control before you deal the damage then there is no valid instigator and the damage does nothing to Power Cores/Nodes.
                                If you relinquish control before dealing damage then the instigator (the spider) has no Controller. ONSPowerCore specifically prevents damage in these situations.

The Controller shouldn't affect scoring though, so even if there is no Controller, if there is a PlayerReplicationInfo, the game would think the player died (if Level.Game.Killed() was called.) I'm not sure if there would be any problems if the Controller was set back to the player's Controller after relinquishing (without repossessing) - this might fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X