Small planets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i cant seem to adjust the gravity strength in the editor either, i had a quick look but found nothing,
    i made a newer version to that map, but i didnt release,

--V2--
    added effect to radar
    added more weapons

Download

i was planning on adding a mesh around the planet but it was too poly high and crashed the editor after 2hours of indexing vertices

i was also planning on making houses/rivers/bridges, but i couldnt get the scales right and the players view tilted, making the player slide around too much

ive also noticed you can use the biosludge to tell you were you are, because the blobs change shape like they would if gravity was normal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a mirror of the above file in ellsal's post

And here is a screenshot so anyone thinking about downloading will know what to expect.

Comments: Its exactly what a small planet should be ellsal. That is the first time I have used the mod, and it seems a little rough. 3rd person view isnt supported, and there seemed to be a problem with first person when you reached the south pole. The view seems a little tilted at times too. I also noticed that bots would drift off into space when I was trying to shield one of them off the platform onto the sphere. Overall this is definitely a step in the right direction. I noticed that you cant adjust the gravity ingame... I guess this has to do with the way the mod uses gravity (?).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Killers asked me to release what ive done,

I gave up half way through,
    theres only 1 spawn point,
    no weapons,
    static mesh's arent UV'ed yet
    bad lighting
    bad static meshes

Download

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im going to take a try at this, dont expect anything wonderful, im a **** mapper,
    im going to make it out of static meshs, it should make it look smoother

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if we wanted to make a planet the size of the earth, we would just do a flat map. The point is that it is a size where you can tell that there is a horizon that you can reach, ie, "small planets?" This wouldnt be a map that would make you believe that the world is flat...
    As for the actual scale, I think what we did in the demo was on the small size, perhaps 10 times as big probably more. but making a planet even close to the size of the earth would mean that you would run in one direction for the entire match and not see 1 degree... which is not worth using a full planet...
    By "small planets" we mean planets that you can interact with the size of it, not that the surface wraps around at a distance you cant reach.

Originally posted by inventor209
    taht takes care of that but there is still the matter of the illusion. it takes a really really really big sphere to haver it so that no mater when side or part of it your on, you don't feel sideways, or upsided down

in antarctica people are upside down, but they don't feel that way b/c for 1 all the blood is beeing drawn to their feet, and they can't see when the earth curves, it all looks flat
    Pospi's Link to the Independent Gravity Download

Leave a comment:

• replied
    taht takes care of that but there is still the matter of the illusion. it takes a really really really big sphere to haver it so that no mater when side or part of it your on, you don't feel sideways, or upsided down

in antarctica people are upside down, but they don't feel that way b/c for 1 all the blood is beeing drawn to their feet, and they can't see when the earth curves, it all looks flat

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I figure i'll revive this thread now that pospi has released his Independant Gravity Mod

now that its possible, any volunteers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Only projectile weps would show effects of gravity. others just go in a straight line and would leave orbit.
    It might be interesting to see a RL arc all the way around and hit you in the back, but that would be a MOD giving the RL gravity effects: launch a rocket in any direction and it either keeps orbiting or falls back into the planet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hope that somehow this MOD is possible. I would like to see (if possible) a small planet gravitational pull, such that, when weapons are fired, that the projectiles follow an arc instead of a straight line. However, it would be strange seeing a Lightning Gun or Shock Rifle tracer curving toward the horizon. I wonder if it would be possible to these aspects to be coded into the MOD without having to build yet another game on top of the game engine itself. Since I know nothing about mapping or modding, I wouldn't know where to start. :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has everyone seen this? I hope he gets it to work. It will make small planets possible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    but it does pull you towards itself. If you'd use a vehicle instead of a player, it might work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the gravity vortex didnt rotate your view

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OvermindDL
    Reread what I've stated about the Serious Engine gravity. It can be going toward, or away, at any strength, from these type of designs. It can be a single point in 3d space, or a cylinder, or a torus, or rectangular, or absolute, etc... etc....

UE3 still has not shown to have that ability
    Gravity Vortex anyone?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It seems to me that the issue is the "feet/viewdown point this way." If it were possible to just have the engine do that no matter if jumping or standing, I think everything else would be simple.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry, been away a few days, things from getting multiple wisdom teeth removed to university money issues.

Reread what I've stated about the Serious Engine gravity. It can be going toward, or away, at any strength, from these type of designs. It can be a single point in 3d space, or a cylinder, or a torus, or rectangular, or absolute, etc... etc....

UE3 still has not shown to have that ability, but unlike the Serious Engine (at least the current one, the one in dev may be easier), UE is actually easy and fun to mod, the SE is... quite the opposite.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X