• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Yes
    -IDK
    -Yes

Comment

Strange to have Unreal meshes in an id format...

What has to be done to do a weapon mutator like this?

Comment

They import into Max fine, but there may be rotation changes and **** like that. I think a .3ds file would be best. That can be imported to Max by whoever, and then animated and imported into UT2004. I was going to use this same method, but it seems as though the meshes in .MD5 format are all flipped around compared to UT2004.

Only 2 sets of animations would actually export with uModel. The "GooBall" and the "Skarrj Razik". The Skarrj Razik Mesh that is asscociated with that animaion is one of the few I do not have at all. I was able to get the GooBall to use the animation, but this was after rotating the mesh, and IIRC some of it's bones in Max. It suked, but it worked.

It's possible that exporting straight to .3ds files from uModel would not have these rotational changes that increase the "dificulty" of importing them into UT2004. If animations become "more extractable" later down the road, it'll likely make them easier to import etc w/o having to re-animate.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuxsonic View Post
          So will the UC1 and UC2 weapons and stuff eventually be packaged as a single UC mod?
          I'd say they should be two packs. UC1BP and UC2BP to save people downloading time and excluding content they might not want.

Originally posted by FewPosts View Post
          Sux, cause they're cool, but they are a big chunk to bite off as a mod. Emerald has said he'd code them, but IDK when that's going to happen. Other people have said they'd do it in the past as well.....and it never happened.
          Don't worry, I just need some time to rest. You can't just go coding for long, you'd burn out. Besides, you can't create quality mods in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            You can't create quality mods in a day
            I never said you could. Athough it is a good idea to put some sort of deadline in place.

Comment

I never said you could. Athough it is a good idea to put some sort of deadline in place.
              No way. Look at Unreal II and you'll see how deadlines are a good idea.

Comment

So can you do the UC2 weapons Emerald?

Also will we ever see U2 RC9 anytime before the earth is engolfed by the sun?

Comment

I can try for sure, and from what I know it is nothing special, just they have quite a lot of new content so it will take some time.
                  About RC9: no idea, the problem right now is that we don't know who has it.

Comment

www.3dbuzz.com ..start looking at tutoirals on Max. I lied about the Link projectile. It's kinda tough, even with the UC code. I could probably just copy/paste the code, but some of it is rather diffrerent, and I assume performs worse than UT2004 code....mostly network stuff it seems changed, and I don't wanna screw with that.
                    the projectile that's in emerald's ut03 mod is good enough if it's too much of a ***** to import the uc one. just have set the projectile's properties to use less trail sparky thingys if ya can.

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    I can try for sure, and from what I know it is nothing special, just they have quite a lot of new content so it will take some time.
                    About RC9: no idea, the problem right now is that we don't know who has it.
                    I was gonna ask on the bu forums, but I figured I would ask here. sorry to go off topic, but what is rc9?

Comment

Release Candidate 9, rumored to be the most feature-complete version of Unreal II before Legend took an axe to the game and cut it to half it's content that ended up in the final game.

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Cut_...t_of_Unreal_II

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBarrage99 View Post
                        the projectile that's in emerald's ut03 mod is good enough if it's too much of a ***** to import the uc one. just have set the projectile's properties to use less trail sparky thingys if ya can.

I was gonna ask on the bu forums, but I figured I would ask here. sorry to go off topic, but what is rc9?
                        Well I could use the actual projectile code from UC. Let me see how that works out.

I guess release date pushed back a fuzz. Lava Giant still needs some tweaks, so I'll be waiting on DarkBarrage to fix her up a bit. The ambient sounds have been completed by the "Chaos connection"

I'm packing everythin up and giving a final look to everything as I wait for Lava.

Me wants RC9. We could like do UT2004 2.0 or some junk...lol

OH AND.....

END THREAD
                        UC WEAPON MUTATOR RELEASED:
                        http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=736559

Comment

Thread's not over because the mod isn't over, quit trying to rush it.

Comment

Excuse me? That is what release threads are for. This was a request thread started 5 years ago, and the request has been met. Go here from now on please to help address issues and so fourth:
                            http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...=736559&page=2

Lock thread plz

Comment

Hint: not writing in huge letters make people more friendly

Comment

Working...
                              X