This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I agree. This started as a way to share ideas but it has become so much more. In my opinion, I'd move the coding/creation/how-do-I-fix-this discussions to Ini's forum. It's probably much better served there as he can answer and explain without restrictions.

Anyone with a monster/Invasion release is welcome to get with me and I'll feature it on the Vault and provide you a linkable direct download, as well as a page or two of any sort of description you think is apt.

This thread is probably best used as it was originally intended to be: a place for ideas, not necessarily tech support or release announcements. I'll petition the sticky Ini and let you know when I get a response.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We should probably start a new thread anyway tbh, its very hard to find anything in all of this and I think we should petition this thread to be a sticky :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no I delete lol

Originally posted by INIQUITOUS View Post
    huh where did buffys post go?

edit:

It seems the post limit has been reached for this thread, people are getting a denied message. Continue the discussion on this thread! Satore addon monsters ideas pls - continued
    I had some problem with custom bot with dragon but now it fixed so no problem so I delete last comment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice Pics buffy,,,,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Woah! What a dragon!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    huh where did buffys post go?

edit:

It seems the post limit has been reached for this thread, people are getting a denied message. Continue the discussion on this thread! Satore addon monsters ideas pls - continued

Leave a comment:

• replied
    amazing shots. I do have a new version in the works that includes 1 new dragon and a few small changes/fixes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks and animation is amazing !

I really love them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks buffy, I was hoping you was still around Nice screens! I love the beam dragon taking on lucifer shot lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    omg INIQUITOUS I missed few pages !!!

I just fund your new monster in Adrenaline Party server
    looks so amazing
    I will make them small by MM then looks so cute
    this is pet monster version

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the ION Dragon , But I'm using satore on my server but I think it's because I got maximum monsters set to like 200 and the *time to last* is set to 100

I doupt that can be a factor but it didn't start till I up'd the waves (about when I added the dragons as well)

oh well they all die the same

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dots has a good point there. I don't exactly understand how a Monster pawn functions but I have a general idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is possible to give pawn's on skeletal mesh hit-boxes (when you edit the mesh) while pawn movement itself still uses cylinder collision.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ini I didn't really understand collision cylinders until I started coding monsters either.

Guys as far as UT is concerned monsters have a cylinder that surrounds them that constitutes a hitbox. Any shot that strikes that hitbox is considered a "hit". Coders can alter that cylinder to be as wide or tall as they like, but they are stuck somewhat with a toilet paper roll shape. Monsters with very odd shapes like the dragon or alien would require a hugely round cylinder to encompass them all, with the downside being that a shot in their direction almost assures a hit.

If you want to see what I am talking about, this is a collision box:

See if you included the dragon's head how freaking large the box would be?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its not a problem, its the way they have to be otherwise they would not work in game. Imagine the dragon with wings at their full spread and the neck and tail stretched out far, now imagine a collision cylinder around all that. it would be massive and it would have to block massive areas that the dragon does not occupy. Not only would this look stupid but the dragon would not be able to go through any doorways/corridors, it would not even be able to spawn on most maps. The same goes for the Alien Queen and any other monsters like this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X