X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, incase anyone didnt see in the final releases section i made these ghost and metal monsters addon for the satore pack.

Inspired by some servers that had "metal" waves but could only have the metal skaarj so i decided to make my own
    metal skins for the other monsters.53 new skinned monsters, 17 silver or metal ones, (satore already includes metal/silver skaarj), 18 gold monsters,and 18 ghost ones (inspired by the yoda ghost)

Download: http://www.hazelwhorley.com/ini/down...stmonsters.zip

enjoy.

Comment

here is a screeny of the new monsters i have made, almost ready for release, just need abit more testing and a name for the pack!

also i want you to vote how much health the following monsters that were designed for instagib (how many shots should it take to kill them) should have by default: (because they are bosses)

Effigy (bigjoe) (carries redeemer remember so maybe 3 or 4 hits)
      Monsta
      Droid2k4

pls look at the screenshots and have a good think

Comment

Originally posted by iniquitous666
        here is a screeny of the new monsters i have made, almost ready for release, just need abit more testing and a name for the pack!

also i want you to vote how much health the following monsters that were designed for instagib (how many shots should it take to kill them) should have by default: (because they are bosses)

Effigy (bigjoe) (carries redeemer remember so maybe 3 or 4 hits)
        Monsta
        Droid2k4

pls look at the screenshots and have a good think

Nice work, but there is already a 2K4 droid out already. Look earlier in this thread and you will find cam2 has already released that model.

Duca

Comment

very nice can't wait to see them released:biggrin:

Comment

Originally posted by Ducatisto
            Nice work, but there is already a 2K4 droid out already. Look earlier in this thread and you will find cam2 has already released that model.

Duca
            you dont need to think of how much health they should all take now because ive coded them so you can configure how much health they have individually in the satore ini file (applies to Effigy,Magdalena,Bender,Droid2K4,Monsta)

my droid2K4 has configurable weapons and health (meaning you tell it yourself what weapon to hold in the satore ini file), it is also a realistic size (in repsect to star wars) and when it dies it doesnt spurt blood, it explodes into metal like when you kill a robot character in game such as Divisor. Mine also doesnt have the same nali hit sounds (a robot shouldnt sound the same as a nali) so.... :P

death animation works on all monsters in this pack. custom sounds are included and also REAL starwars sounds. This pack also contains a mutator to preload all the required textures/animations/meshes etc.. for each of the models to reduce lag. Also includes announcer "denied" sound and message when you shoot one of either Effigy's,Doom or IceLord redeemers down!

Effigy also talks to you in game! and is configurable what you want him to say and the rate at which he talks.

just doing some final testing then it will be ready for release.

Comment

They look really good iniquitous666, I am looking forward to try them out....

I have been playing with the metal/ghost pack for a while and like them a lot, I also have an idea/request if you're interested...

xkznanna how is the testing on the titans going?

Comment

thanks im interested in your request PM if you want and pls call me iniquitous (apparently iniquitous was taken so i had to add 666 ) lol

Comment

you dont need to think of how much health they should all take now because ive coded them so you can configure how much health they have individually in the satore ini file (applies to Effigy,Magdalena,Bender,Droid2K4,Monsta)

my droid2K4 has configurable weapons and health (meaning you tell it yourself what weapon to hold in the satore ini file), it is also a realistic size (in repsect to star wars) and when it dies it doesnt spurt blood, it explodes into metal like when you kill a robot character in game such as Divisor. Mine also doesnt have the same nali hit sounds (a robot shouldnt sound the same as a nali) so.... :P
                  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't inferrring you drop it but just to let you know if there may be problems with any files that may possibly have the same filename.

By the sounds of it it will be a more worthy example and I look forward to trying it out on my server :icon14:

Duca

Comment

nah,all 9 of my monsters in this pack are compiled into just 1 .u file so the class name of the droid is different in anycase. Is anyone interested in testing it out for me one last time before i release it?

Comment

I would be glad to test it...

Comment

nice !

omg more new monsters coming ? !!! yay :biggrin:

Comment

WOOT!!! What a relief, we've been using and mixing pretty much all of satore's stuff on my server....er our server (my box...our community). I'm looking forward to seeing that new pack!!! I might even be looking at testing it out, I'd have to fire up my other box to install it but it looks worth while for sure.

HEH, I'd like to sneak a surprise wave in on our community veterans just to get their reaction lol!!!

I finally read through the thread and good work guys, it's just what the INVasion community needs. I'm saddened that UT2k7 isn't supposed to have INVasion *sobs*.

Comment

nah,all 9 of my monsters in this pack are compiled into just 1 .u file so the class name of the droid is different in anycase. Is anyone interested in testing it out for me one last time before i release it?
                            If you send them to me I can have them up on my test server this weekend. Are they named as in final release form or beta named? I don't want and file mismatches to occur if I upload them to a redirect.

Duca

Comment

im sending them to mbProZak (i think its him i sent them too lol) to test but thanks anyway, and i dont want them going on redirect or an a publicly available server just yet. and wasting space when there only for testing once or twice, the final name hasnt been thought of yet either! so no version mismatches will occur anyway

edit: ready for release , just waiting for mbProZak to final test it for me

Comment

ok hes tested them and they all work i just need to update some things in the readme then its done it will be available in about 2 hours when i get home.

Comment

Working...
                                X