X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok spent all day uv Mapping and would be greatfull if some body with some photoshop experience would texture him for me please???

here`s the uv layout

Comment

Any offers on this xkznanna?

I wish I had the skills...

I'm still in the early learning stage of photoshop :cry:

Comment

xkznanna please check your inbox...

sent you a couple of PMs

Comment

In reply to your PM

sorry I'm posting here but think this will help others too

Monster Addon
          I looked at the code you used for the Raptor addon and found that you used the Skaarj...

I tried doing this with a Predator model and was able to get it in game and to use the predator sounds...

I still have a problem with the animations they walk back and forth and do not attack...

How do you get the addon file to look at the animation files for the new model instead of the Skaarj?

Do you have to adress the line by line like you do the sounds?

For example to use the Predator sounds I did the following:

Deathsound(0)=Sound'Predator3.Death1'

This worked for the sounds...

Do I have to do this for every reference to anims?

and if so what would the format be?

for example a reference to RunL would refer to the AVP3.ukx file

RunL = animation'AVP3.RunL'

or is there a way to just refer them all at once?

I would appreciate your help

Thanks

take a look at the defaults in the xpawn script all the animations you need should be in there

also you`ll need to redo the ranged attack function as the attacks use custom animations and also use notify's

e.g

say where gonna change the skaarj melee attack in the ranged attack function

code
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          else if ( VSize(A.Location - Location) < MeleeRange + CollisionRadius + A.CollisionRadius ) //check if in range
          {
          if ( FRand() < 0.7 )//randomise attack
          {
          SetAnimAction('Spin');// animation we're gonna change
          PlaySound(sound'Spin1s', SLOT_Interact);
          Acceleration = AccelRate * Normal(A.Location - Location);
          return;
          }
          SetAnimAction('Claw');// second animation we're gonna change
          PlaySound(sound'Claw2s', SLOT_Interact);
          Controller.bPreparingMove = true;
          Acceleration = vect(0,0,0);
          }

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          when the skaarj plays the 'Spin' or 'Claw' animation it has a notify attached which calls the 'SpinDamageTarget' and 'ClawDamageTarget' function respectivly... you can find all the notifys the monsters animations have by looking at the SkaarjPack_rc.u

code
          #exec MESH NOTIFY MESH=Skaarjw SEQ=WalkFire TIME=0.5 FUNCTION=SpawnTwoShots
          #exec MESH NOTIFY MESH=Skaarjw SEQ=JogFire TIME=0.5 FUNCTION=SpawnTwoShots
          #exec MESH NOTIFY MESH=Skaarjw SEQ=SwimFire TIME=0.5 FUNCTION=SpawnTwoShots
          #exec MESH NOTIFY MESH=Skaarjw SEQ=StrafeLeftFr TIME=0.5 FUNCTION=SpawnTwoShots
          #exec MESH NOTIFY MESH=Skaarjw SEQ=StrafeRightFr TIME=0.5 FUNCTION=SpawnTwoShots
          #exec MESH NOTIFY MESH=Skaarjw SEQ=Firing TIME=0.25 FUNCTION=SpawnTwoShots
          #exec MESH NOTIFY MESH=Skaarjw SEQ=Spin TIME=0.48 FUNCTION=SpinDamageTarget
          #exec MESH NOTIFY MESH=Skaarjw SEQ=Spin TIME=0.67 FUNCTION=SpinDamageTarget
          #exec MESH NOTIFY MESH=Skaarjw SEQ=Claw TIME=0.24 FUNCTION=ClawDamageTarget
          #exec MESH NOTIFY MESH=Skaarjw SEQ=Claw TIME=0.76 FUNCTION=ClawDamageTarget

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

notice also walkfire,jogfire,etc... also have spawntwoshots function attached (this is when it fires the sparkles)
          any way, back to the point because the animations we're gonna use dont have these notifys we need to add them in our script so the target will take damage when the animation is played..

I'm gonna change the spin animation for the DodgeF animation and Claw to Gesture_taunt03 and add thier notifys to call their function

code
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          else if ( VSize(A.Location - Location) < MeleeRange + CollisionRadius + A.CollisionRadius ) //check if in range
          {
          if ( FRand() < 0.7 )//randomise attack
          {
          SetAnimAction('DodgeF');// animation changed
          PlaySound(sound'Spin1s', SLOT_Interact);
          Acceleration = AccelRate * Normal(A.Location - Location);
          SpinDamageTarget();// Call Notify function added to script

return;
          }
          SetAnimAction('Gesture_Taunt03');// second animation changed
          PlaySound(sound'Claw2s', SLOT_Interact);
          Controller.bPreparingMove = true;
          Acceleration = vect(0,0,0);
          ClawDamageTarget();//Call second Notify function added to script
          }
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try adding different arguments and animations to the ranged attack and you can really alter the way you mosters act.

ps. you`ll also need to change the 'StrafeLeftFr' and 'StrafeRightFr' back to the default animation also

hope this helps

Comment

Thanks...

Yes this will help a lot !

I knew it was in there, but didn't know where to look...

I will be working on this today

Comment

yeah finally worked out how to export an animation

so bak to work on the skull

Comment

ok got a working version

need to test him first tho my make a few improvments before release

Comment

Well done, hopefully it will be another great addition. Thanks to you I now have a horde of new monsters that I have created with your little tutorial. Now I feel a little more comfortable with scripting hopefully I can come up with something more original, but I doubt it :haha:

Duca

Comment

thanks for the support ....
                    just added flames now also just got a slight issue with they way they die but for a first version might just live with it

Comment

Looks good...

Anxious to see it work...

I've been having computer problems, so I've not been able to work on my project...

Still trying to figure out the animations and the info helped a lot but they still don't move correctly...

Comment

yay coming soon ?

I cant wait to have it !
                        thank you :up:

Comment

Sorry to semi-hijack the thread but going on from the Star Wars Addons I have myself created another three "monsters" out of current Star Wars models. Darth Vader, Desann and Mark 1 walker;

They work very well and with the other Star Wars addons you can have a Star Wars themed invasion, well cool :up:

I am still working on others and if there is any interest I will submit them for general download.

All credits go to the original authors of the models whom we all would not have so much fun and of course xkznanna who started the ball rolling and pointed me in the right direction.

Duca

Comment

yeah well cool .... get them up for download

Comment

Please upload them...

Comment

yes I always wanted Mark 1 monster too

here is model download ..
                                Vader Model Pack
                                http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...n=file&id=5275
                                :up:
                                can you tell which one is monster ?

Comment

Working...
                                X