added more defensive base positions
    added more alternate paths
    cleaned up hazards
    added new skybox
    removed some materials
    refined player start locations

Screenshots:

This map has been revised based on the feedback
    and support from the following people/ much thanks guys!

Marsfyre
    Socko_Na4
    Zouave
    AnubanUT2
    cwv_odedge
    4TX4
    clark kent
    NotoriousBIC
    [NBS]Flak
    Plumb_Drumb
    Yournan2000
    mtnbikeforlife
    digimortal1622
    Sinnthetika
    buffytheslayer
    kiddailey
    sae-sho
    meowcat

Comment

YesYesYesYes!!!! i loved the beta and i've been waiting for this for weeks! *downloadz0rz*
      you my friend, are a GOD

Comment

me too me too me too !!!

thank you ! :heart::up:
        here is some screenshot for my new screensaver

Comment

Niceness! (is that even a real word?)

downloading...wait...wait...wait...NOW

Comment

lol what the hell is Kleiner doing in those pictures?!?!?!?!

the map looks nice, but it needs more z-axis fighting

Comment

This should have been a stock map.

Comment

awsome map 1973 This is probably one of my favorite not just because of the theme, but your work is beautiful.

If you guys haven't checked out his other map DM Refined, you should.

Comment

Excellent work 1973 and thank you for the mention. It's NEVER necessary but I do appreciate it. And well this map is just stupendous and really just great and a blast to play ... Man I have really been getting into CTF lately and with maps like these how can I resist. :up: :up:

Edit: Add the Map -CTF label when you get a chance.
                  Where are the stars for this great map ... come on people vote please. Let me start it off.

Comment

This is my first chance to play this map.

I realize 1973 you put alot of work into this map and it shows, but I'm not entirely sure I like the map. Sorry, I'm just being honest. Perhaps if the map played smoother I would like it better, since its fun to hop along the roofs.

First off, the map is unplayable for me. The framerates are way to low. I suggest a major revision of the map. I would place the box cars across the map rather than parellel to it. You need to increase the use of antiportals. Another thing I would do is place a few large buildings (At least two, that are higher than the other buildings) transecting the entire map and place a blocking volume to keep players from tanslocating on the roof of those buildings. The buildings should be used to compartmentalize (by using antiportals on those buildings) that way you can use the roofs without drawing overthing in the map. The map has too many dead ends. Also, I can't stand the exploding barrels, although I'm sure many people will get a kick out of them. There is entirely way to much inventory items in the map. The map has couple of bugs I've picked up after running through it once, particularly with bot pathing.. The small building with the biorifle has a playerstart facing the ground. Also, the bots get stuck on the ramp in that building. The bots have a difficult time following the paths over crates, and the bots appear to have a difficult time exiting rooftops for some reason. Another thing I've noticed is its somewhat difficult to pick out red players. I can't tell if this is due to the textures or lighting. I haven't look at the map in the editor, but I could've sworn I hit a couple blocking volumes sticking too far out from the staticmesh. I need to check that out. I need something else to work on other than my current map, maybe I'll do some rearranging with your map, I'll have to see were you might have done with projectors first. At the minimum, I'll keep the map around and play it once I upgrade my system and see if that makes a noticable difference.

Comment

uhm..
                      plays fine. like the changes. a GREAT ctf level!
                      looks like Buffy's been f&*%ing around with the map already. you gotta love it. you work hard to make the level as close to perfect as possible, and BAM! all these moders come out and change everything. thats what i love about this game. it really is "all things to all people"
                      from the CTF community, thank you, not just for a job well done, but lovingly done.:up:

Comment

Originally posted by meKilgore
                        This is my first chance to play this map.

I realize 1973 you put alot of work into this map and it shows, but I'm not entirely sure I like the map. Sorry, I'm just being honest. Perhaps if the map played smoother I would like it better, since its fun to hop along the roofs.

First off, the map is unplayable for me. The framerates are way to low. I suggest a major revision of the map. I would place the box cars across the map rather than parellel to it. You need to increase the use of antiportals. Another thing I would do is place a few large buildings (At least two, that are higher than the other buildings) transecting the entire map and place a blocking volume to keep players from tanslocating on the roof of those buildings. The buildings should be used to compartmentalize (by using antiportals on those buildings) that way you can use the roofs without drawing overthing in the map. The map has too many dead ends. Also, I can't stand the exploding barrels, although I'm sure many people will get a kick out of them. There is entirely way to much inventory items in the map. The map has couple of bugs I've picked up after running through it once, particularly with bot pathing.. The small building with the biorifle has a playerstart facing the ground. Also, the bots get stuck on the ramp in that building. The bots have a difficult time following the paths over crates, and the bots appear to have a difficult time exiting rooftops for some reason. Another thing I've noticed is its somewhat difficult to pick out red players. I can't tell if this is due to the textures or lighting. I haven't look at the map in the editor, but I could've sworn I hit a couple blocking volumes sticking too far out from the staticmesh. I need to check that out. I need something else to work on other than my current map, maybe I'll do some rearranging with your map, I'll have to see were you might have done with projectors first. At the minimum, I'll keep the map around and play it once I upgrade my system and see if that makes a noticable difference.
                        Well, as long as you're not ANGRY at the map...

I agree there is a huge issue with the FPS,
                        and the bots arent going to recieve any more love
                        from me, as the path building takes way too
                        long for my sole machine as is.
                        Not sure why you would start with projectors when
                        considering a layout change, but hell, I'm not using any
                        anyway. I'm glad you like it enough to experiment with,
                        its very modular and can probably make some other cool areas.

You don't have to play the map as is, but I will know
                        and will come looking for you and force you to love it.
                        I'm sorry, but you leave me no choice.

:bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by 1973
                          Well, as long as you're not ANGRY at the map...
                          Not I. That would be silly.

I agree there is a huge issue with the FPS...
                          That's a shame really. I'm sure the map would run faster on better hardware than what I have.

...the bots arent going to recieve any more love
                          from me, as the path building takes way too
                          long for my sole machine as is.
                          I see. Yes, reachspecs takes a very long time even on small maps, I'm not even going to venture a guess on how long it takes on this one.

[B ...Not sure why you would start with projectors when
                          considering a layout change, but hell, I'm not using any
                          anyway. [/B]
                          Like I said, I didn't view the map in the editor yet. Moving projectors could be an issue if you used any of them to cast shadows on any BSPs I might want to move. But, like you said, you didn't use any.

[B I'm glad you like it enough to experiment with,
                          its very modular and can probably make some other cool areas.
                          [/B]
                          Yes, I like it enough to mess around with it. I will learn somethings in the process, which is why the idea is appealling.

[BYou don't have to play the map as is, but I will know
                          and will come looking for you and force you to love it.
                          I'm sorry, but you leave me no choice. :bulb: [/B]
                          You certainly don't have to do anything on my account. You've done enough with that map, and the community is grateful. I'm not suggesting the map should be perfect, and you should not expect every one to love it. That would be a bit unrealistic. I didn't post my reply on the spur of the moment and I don't really like giving criticism or stating I dislike a map, but I'm not going to shy away from expressing my opinion because it might not be what you want to hear. Your a good mapper. I look forward to your next project. You are planning a new project, right?

Comment

All I know is that this is one of THE BEST CTF maps I have every played. And my AMD643200 and 6800GT love every inch of it. My only thing is that there are still some textures I KNOW FOR A FACT you could have improved. :up:

Comment

nice work but haven't you forgotten something? :weird:

btw, it would be nice if you would allow me to convert this map for the SAS mod.

Comment

Working...
                              X