Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT2004 Ripjack Released! (updated to v1.2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 Ripjack Released! (updated to v1.2)

Name: Ripjack
    Version: 1.0 final
    Compatibility: UT2004 patched.

Description: Liandri's continued failure to deliver an updated replacement for the beloved Ripper has led an independant weapons developer to take up the gauntlet. The weapons and munitions division of R.A.D. Technologies has most certainly delivered the goods. Featuring a sleek new look combined with deadly destructive capabilites, the MkII Ripjack is a lethal weapon to be faced with. Get too cocky and you could easily lose your head. Twitch your trigger finger at just the wrong moment and you could just as easily shred yourself with an explosive razor. Utmost caution is advised both while wielding the weapon and facing a competent opponent wielding it.

Comments: See readme file for install and usage instructions etc..
    Screenshot:

[shot]http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/ripjack_game01.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/ripjack_game02.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/ripjack_game03.jpg[/shot]

Credits: Epic for the incredibly cool Ripjack concept art that this model/ skin is based on. Epic again for the also cool Ripper in UT. Me for combining them together into a hybrid weapon Everyone who tested the weapon and helped get it to this stage
    Homepage:
    Download: Download ripjackv1.2.zip (1.83mb)

Updated to version 1.2

Yay, finally got it finished :up: Enjoy!

edit: Completely forgot to put it in the readme that there's a custom crosshair with the weapon as well, which is the default for it but can also be selected as your default crosshair if you don't use weapon-specific crosshairs

Oh emm gee!

Comment

WOO HOOO! Can't wait to try it out!

Comment

It’s got fun written all over it.

Comment

I like it! It's immensely powerful, but you won't hear me complaining

I've got one gripe with it though. It bounces of map limits too
          Just fire up in the air in Albatross for example...

Comment

Let me be the first to say

Holy F***ing Cows Batman!

Nice model can't wait to rip up some **** Skarrj!

Comment

Looks kind of... umm.... prodigious?

... Colossal?

Gargantuan? fscking huge? ^^

What's with the player model? It's the biggest weapon I've seen o.o

Is it really like that in UC2?

Comment

It's smaller than the rocket launcher. Maybe a bit longer, but certainly no bigger. And the 3rd person perspective changes how it looks as well.

Comment

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

I agree with Riktar, in 3rd person view it looks too big.
                      DLing anyways...

Comment

Yeah, a little big on the size- anything to bring out the textures, eh? Great model anyhow. dling :up:

and what's the map that you used for the screenshots?

Comment

I use it in UC2 also... anyone else have UC2?

Comment

Originally posted by FlakDino454
                            I use it in UC2 also... anyone else have UC2?
                            I have the demo.

Comment

and what's the map that you used for the screenshots?
                              One of my own Pretty much unreleased however. If you want to check it out then by all means have a play, but I warn you now it's a big map for CTF. Mainly I made it because I felt like creating a map almost entirely in Max

http://www.radiant-studios.net/files/maps/CTF-Cahn.zip

I've since found a few problems with the map, so I'll have to get an update done at some point, but as it is it's still fully playable. And if you have EAX enabled sound card, USE IT Honestly, I don't know why no-one ever uses EAX effects in their maps.

edit: and on the size issue... look at the size of the rocket launcher. That thing is enormous. My weapon is nowhere near that unrealistic, as is evidenced by the fact that the pistol grip neatly fits the hand of the characters, unlike the double-size rocket launcher

Comment

Working...
                              X