Classic Domination 2 Map Pack and Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I meant the new cDOM maps. Try the 'new' version of Cinder for example. It's almost impossible to lose...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DimensionSeven
    The new maps play quite crappy offline. Bots don't give a d@mn about dompoints, they just walk on by...
    cDOM or vDOM ???

I only tested the new vDOM as the bots were doing OK in the first release of cDOM, so I didn't think that would have been worse.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The new maps play quite crappy offline. Bots don't give a d@mn about dompoints, they just walk on by...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Allow me to say:

Oh Emm Gee!! :up: :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gambit84
    AM I crazy, or I do remember the people that made CTF4 saying that someone else was taken on CDOM 4 and that it was in the works?
    Was this scraped, or is it still going to happen?
    DOnt get me wrong, I like this mod, I just wish it had more teams....3-4 teams is what made DOM for ut99 so much fun.
    I do have cDOM4 and its just about done. I'm would really like to hear back from Overload before I release it. He has the first cDOM4, but I have not heard back from him, nor do I know of its status. So I went ahead and created it myself.

But if I dont hear back from Overload, I'm just going to release it this next week.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got this gpf when shooting a Bot with the link gun.

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2394 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700 (6525)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::ProcessEvent <- (BootsOfJumping cDOM-1on1-Condemned.BootsOfJumping, Function cDOM-1on1-Condemned.BootsOfJumping.BotActivated.Tick) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level 1-on-1 Condemned <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Also, when disabling the x-loc on Codemned 1-on-1, the bot never comes up to the roof.

Just fyi.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AM I crazy, or I do remember the people that made CTF4 saying that someone else was taken on CDOM 4 and that it was in the works?
    Was this scraped, or is it still going to happen?
    DOnt get me wrong, I like this mod, I just wish it had more teams....3-4 teams is what made DOM for ut99 so much fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ooo I see my old fav in that, Downloading!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Capturing Powernodes in ONS works very well without a vehicle. And Vehicles are used a lot. Trust me...

But the Server Admin rule thing is good (if capturing in vehicles is disabled by default).

All is only my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The point is they're just too **** fast to really keep control of a control point, since they only have to zip in and over.

What's so hard about getting out of a vehicle?
    Imagine if you could pickup a flag from inside a vehicle. That would totally promote their use, but also completely negate the normal foot-slogging soldier.

Trust me, if there are vehicles in a map they WILL be used

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Capt.fuegerstef
    I think it would be easier to code to disable all vehicles and I love the idea to steal it while someone has to get out of the goliath.

But the Manta is a bit more agile than the Raptor so it is easier to have Dom-Point-Runs with it.
    My reasoning for allowing Control Points to be captured while in vehicles is to encourage the use of them... Otherwise think about it, whats the point of having vehicles then. Also if you really think about it, the control point is captured once a players body (that is still alive) collides with the control point, should it matter if your in a vehicle, or covered in armor, or invisibile?

Anyhow, I guess I can release an update for vdom, that would give server admins/instant action the ability to pick if players in vehicles can capture control points....

BTW if players can not capture control points while in vehicles, what would happen then if someone made a VDOM map like the space fight in AS-Mothership?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx
    Random suggestion:

Allow only vehicles that can carry flags to score. Sure, you'd get the vCTF Manta runs, but they're no way near as bad as solo Manta/Raptor runs.

And as far as I know, it's a misunderstanding that the Manta is quicker than the Raptor...
    I think it would be easier to code to disable all vehicles and I love the idea to steal it while someone has to get out of the goliath.

But the Manta is a bit more agile than the Raptor so it is easier to have Dom-Point-Runs with it.

Will send out the vDOM-Torlan map this weekend when I am at the comp where it is on the HD.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Random suggestion:

Allow only vehicles that can carry flags to score. Sure, you'd get the vCTF Manta runs, but they're no way near as bad as solo Manta/Raptor runs.

And as far as I know, it's a misunderstanding that the Manta is quicker than the Raptor...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I converted Torlan into a vDOM map
    Any way I could get a copy of your version of VDOM-Torlan??

Sacred

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Capt.fuegerstef
    Great Job on this one. I love it.

Here are my 2 cents on the vDOM gametype.

I don't think it is a good idea to have a Control Point taken from within a vehicle. I converted Torlan into a vDOM map and tested it.
    It all comes down to Manta Runs. It is quite easy to dodge AVRiLs with a Manta, so the game tends to become a Manta-Race from Control Point to Control Point.
    IMHO, it would be much better if you have to get out of a Vehicle to capture a Contol Point.
    Agreed. Even if mappers take that into account, it will still be relatively easy to make last second saves, regardless of how many avril-whores there are.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X