Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Domination 2 Map Pack and Mod

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Classic Domination 2 Map Pack and Mod

    Name: Classic Domination 2 for UT2004
    Version: 2.0.9
    Compatibility: With existing cDOM, DOM (Double Dom), and VDOM maps
    Description: The original Domination game type from the (UT99) Unreal Tournament: Game of The Year edition is back for Unreal Tournament 2004. This is the real Domination game type, every thing is the same as the original, down to the unlimited use of the translocator! Also included is the new game type of Vehicle Domination. Domination with the use of Vehicles!

    This pack comes in two flavors, the full Classic Domination Map Packs 1 and 2 rolled into a single download. And the 2nd contains just the new maps and the updated mod.
    This upgrade of Classic Domination includes five new maps (cDOM-Condemned, cDOM-1on1-Condemned, cDOM-Cinder, cDOM-Lament, and VDOM-Desert-CombatV2), New support for Double Domination maps while maintaining compatibility with the existing Classic Domination maps. Classic Domination internet servers are now listed in the Double Domination servers list ([cDOM] is added to the beginning of servers names by default.). Fixed the bugs and yields better performance then the prior version of Classic Domination. The BotAI has had a major overhaul. And other various improvements. See the change log for more details.
    Comments:
    Screenshot: More Screen Shots

    Credits: Special Thanks to Worlock, Carson "Dregs" Smith, 2L, sh0k, and Jalis. Based off the works of Jason "Captain Kewl" Yu and Epic Games, Inc.
    Homepage: http://cdom2.provinggrounds.com/
    Download: http://cdom2.provinggrounds.com/

    cDOM2 Server: ut2004://205.234.150.42:7777

    #2
    Excellent, can't wait to give this a try.

    :up:

    Comment


      #3
      There was a map in the original release called cDOM-DMP-Cinder2k4 (by MsM/Yournan2000) that's missing in this release. Instead, it's replaced by cDOM-Cinder now, why's that?

      Anyways, GREAT pack with the exception of the VDOM map that's included (use another map to show off the gametype). :up:

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Boris2000
        There was a map in the original release called cDOM-DMP-Cinder2k4 (by MsM/Yournan2000) that's missing in this release. Instead, it's replaced by cDOM-Cinder now, why's that?
        There has been a great deal of disapointed people, including myself, in cDOM-DMP-Cinder2k4. Having played DOM-Cinder in a large number of matches in UT99, it just doesnt have the same feel as the original, nor does it even play the same. But the biggest let down is that it is not fun to play as the original. Im not trying to badmouth MsM... MsM did not want to make a few changes to the map before it was originaly released. And I understand his reasons for doing so, but for all those others (mainly Clanners) who did play UT99 online needed a Cinder map that is true to the original.

        Comment


          #5
          Great Job on this one. I love it.


          Here are my 2 cents on the vDOM gametype.

          I don't think it is a good idea to have a Control Point taken from within a vehicle. I converted Torlan into a vDOM map and tested it.
          It all comes down to Manta Runs. It is quite easy to dodge AVRiLs with a Manta, so the game tends to become a Manta-Race from Control Point to Control Point.
          IMHO, it would be much better if you have to get out of a Vehicle to capture a Contol Point.

          Comment


            #6
            Not only is this release a lot more fun than the last, but DOM-Lament is just awesome! That's the most fun I've had in a while! Brightly lit, cleanly constructed, and with excellent use of monitors. Great job all around!

            PS: DOM+Translocator: :down:

            Comment


              #7
              A very solid mod. Improved over the first release, which itself was a lot of fun ... and this one is very solid. Thanks for killing that pesky announcer!

              Mappers ... take VDOM as a challenge, please. This has potential, but needs more maps to be viable.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Torgo 3000
                A very solid mod. Improved over the first release, which itself was a lot of fun ... and this one is very solid. Thanks for killing that pesky announcer!

                Mappers ... take VDOM as a challenge, please. This has potential, but needs more maps to be viable.
                As said, I converted Torlan to have a better map than the Desert one. And I think from that to score just by flying over a Control Point with a Manta isn't that good.

                Testing is quite difficult as the Bots in vDOM don'T care dor ControlPoints much and there are no Servers.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Capt.fuegerstef
                  Great Job on this one. I love it.


                  Here are my 2 cents on the vDOM gametype.

                  I don't think it is a good idea to have a Control Point taken from within a vehicle. I converted Torlan into a vDOM map and tested it.
                  It all comes down to Manta Runs. It is quite easy to dodge AVRiLs with a Manta, so the game tends to become a Manta-Race from Control Point to Control Point.
                  IMHO, it would be much better if you have to get out of a Vehicle to capture a Contol Point.
                  Agreed. Even if mappers take that into account, it will still be relatively easy to make last second saves, regardless of how many avril-whores there are.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I converted Torlan into a vDOM map
                    Any way I could get a copy of your version of VDOM-Torlan??

                    Sacred

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Random suggestion:

                      Allow only vehicles that can carry flags to score. Sure, you'd get the vCTF Manta runs, but they're no way near as bad as solo Manta/Raptor runs.

                      And as far as I know, it's a misunderstanding that the Manta is quicker than the Raptor...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Xyx
                        Random suggestion:

                        Allow only vehicles that can carry flags to score. Sure, you'd get the vCTF Manta runs, but they're no way near as bad as solo Manta/Raptor runs.

                        And as far as I know, it's a misunderstanding that the Manta is quicker than the Raptor...
                        I think it would be easier to code to disable all vehicles and I love the idea to steal it while someone has to get out of the goliath.

                        But the Manta is a bit more agile than the Raptor so it is easier to have Dom-Point-Runs with it.



                        Will send out the vDOM-Torlan map this weekend when I am at the comp where it is on the HD.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Capt.fuegerstef
                          I think it would be easier to code to disable all vehicles and I love the idea to steal it while someone has to get out of the goliath.

                          But the Manta is a bit more agile than the Raptor so it is easier to have Dom-Point-Runs with it.
                          My reasoning for allowing Control Points to be captured while in vehicles is to encourage the use of them... Otherwise think about it, whats the point of having vehicles then. Also if you really think about it, the control point is captured once a players body (that is still alive) collides with the control point, should it matter if your in a vehicle, or covered in armor, or invisibile?

                          Anyhow, I guess I can release an update for vdom, that would give server admins/instant action the ability to pick if players in vehicles can capture control points....

                          BTW if players can not capture control points while in vehicles, what would happen then if someone made a VDOM map like the space fight in AS-Mothership?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            The point is they're just too **** fast to really keep control of a control point, since they only have to zip in and over.

                            What's so hard about getting out of a vehicle?
                            Imagine if you could pickup a flag from inside a vehicle. That would totally promote their use, but also completely negate the normal foot-slogging soldier.

                            Trust me, if there are vehicles in a map they WILL be used

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Capturing Powernodes in ONS works very well without a vehicle. And Vehicles are used a lot. Trust me...

                              But the Server Admin rule thing is good (if capturing in vehicles is disabled by default).

                              All is only my opinion.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X