• Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-UCMP-Aquatica (single release)

Name: CTF-UCMP-Aquatica

Version: 1.0

Author: Jos 'Sjosz' Hendriks

Compatibility: Same version as in the pack

Description: The sea, rough and ruthless on the surface, tranquil and serene within. The ever turbulent waves are a mere façade for the silence of the deep. Little is left of the serenity of the sea nowadays, for human creation has corrupted it's gently sloping and rolling hills of sand, rock and coral. Originally built to fuel ships of war for their pointless ventures, Aquatica Submarinal Refuel Station landmarked human defilement of nature like no other. Closed down due to low budgets, but still in near perfect condition, the installation was easily bought up by Liandri, turning the structure into a Tournament venue, with the sole purpose of fueling the hunger for bloodsport of millions of fans. Now, peace of mind in this eerie place can only be obtained by emerging victor over your enemy....

Comments: This is the single release of CTF-UCMP-Aquatica. It's been kept the same as the version in the pack to ensure compatibility.

Screenshots:
    [screenshot]http://img92.echo.cx/img92/7602/aquatica015qe.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img243.echo.cx/img243/5061/aquatica029ct.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img243.echo.cx/img243/7023/aquatica032kz.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img243.echo.cx/img243/6067/aquatica047ux.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img211.echo.cx/img211/9594/aquatica051zl.jpg[/screenshot]

Credits: First and foremost, Dregs for providing me with crucial feedback, new textures, new meshes, new sounds and lots of fun while constructing this map. Secondly, to the entire UCMP crew (Dregs, Moonflyer, Arcadia Vincennes, JuggaloKyle, BIOS, Stormblade, Saka, MichaelM, MsM, and the others as well) for testing this map and giving lots of feedback. Third to my little brother Rik 'Bunnyslayer' Hendriks, for testing and for busting my *** every time I didn't improve the map like he wanted me to. Additional credit goes to Hourences, for letting me use his HourDinora stuff and for being part of my inspiration; Alexander Lehmann, for letting me use his Incuvasion stuff; Spoondog for letting me use his Abyss-Lite stuff, and Rich 'Lord Heisher' Black for letting me use his Tydal stuff. Saka receives a fair bit as well for catching me some fish, and PostPunk deserves credit for his awesome fogring texture, and aquatic plantlife textures. Bellasadda receives thanks for explaining to me how to implement the breakable glass feature + helping me with implementing network emitters. Please forgive me if I forgot to mention anyone else that helped out, but you know I appreciate the help.

Homepage: UCMP Website

Download: UnrealPlayground Mirror
    (additional mirrors will be added later)

That... is...

UBER AMAZING!!! Downloading!:up:

Comment

I like the glass.

Comment

For those who didn't know, or didn't read the readme carefully enough, most of the glass (the big panes) are breakable by rocket fire
        I hope that those who have been waiting for the single release enjoy the map as much as those who have already played it

Comment

Is there a point in downloading this if i all ready have the Mappack of UCMP?

Comment

If you already have the full UCMP mappack then there is no need to download. All files are the same and no compatibility issues.

Probably the cleanest, neatest, straightforward CTF gameplay in the pack. If you're a CTF fan and didn't download the mappack - this is a keeper. Get it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcadiaVincen
              If you already have the full UCMP mappack then there is no need to download. All files are the same and no compatibility issues.

Probably the cleanest, neatest, straightforward CTF gameplay in the pack. If you're a CTF fan and didn't download the mappack - this is a keeper. Get it.
              I agree with all that ... hey man you didn't leave me much to say ... what's up with that!? :haha: :haha: This is probably among the three sweetest looking maps in the pack due to those great fish and huge cool *** windows .. man this is a really convincing underwater map. I love it!! :up:

Edit: Did I mention that Sjosz is also one of my favorite mappers.

Comment

My fav CTF of all time.............can't say much more as i'ii make this guys head swell quick than a balloon going up on steroids

Nice work mate, feels i'm beneath the depths, the bubbles and fish are a cracking effect

MsM

Comment

Wow, I'm flattered that both Anuban and MsM have such high regard for this map. And Anuban, I did not know I'm your favourite mapper. Now how am I supposed to ever get my head deflated again? :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Sjosz
                    Now how am I supposed to ever get my head deflated again? :up:
                    working on it.....

Comment

Originally posted by thinkingfeller
                      working on it.....

:haha: :haha: :haha: ... well I only play these maps ... but you guys have inspired me to at least give level design a real effort over the summer when I finally get around to going through my big RED BOOK and the VTMs. You guys have a great group ... I hope you all continue to work together and to support eachother. This is what a community should be about. :up:

Comment

its official, this map has my favorite skybox... you know what did it for me? the water moving on the surface, its so awesome!

Comment

Excellent map indeed. 10/10 on this one :up: Just one thing though - who made the music? Just wondered because it's not mentioned in your credits and I think it deserves a special mention for being a class piece of music that I like listening to even when not playing

Comment

Actually, the music IS mentioned, but it's a lot of text to wade through so you could've missed it. ThinkingFeller aka BIOS permitted me to rip his DM-Quench track, and I modified it for Aquatica, cutting out some of the song/copy pasting/rearranging. Glad you like the music, and more importantly, the map

Anuban, if you start designing stuff, and you get stuck with anything, feel free to contact me, I'll gladly try and help

Comment

Originally posted by Sjosz
                              Actually, the music IS mentioned, but it's a lot of text to wade through so you could've missed it. ThinkingFeller aka BIOS permitted me to rip his DM-Quench track, and I modified it for Aquatica, cutting out some of the song/copy pasting/rearranging. Glad you like the music, and more importantly, the map

Anuban, if you start designing stuff, and you get stuck with anything, feel free to contact me, I'll gladly try and help
                              Thank you very much for the offer ... I may have to take you up on that after I go through everything (Mastering Unreal and the VTMs and tutorials)... have listened to my CXP dudes as they are building their maps now (I am learning quite a bit leading those great dudes) .... and have spent a lot of time trying to get it myself. I am not one to just start asking questions without really putting in a substantial amount of effort. I know how much time you have put into learning and perfecting your craft and I don't take that likely. :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X