DM-Adia

Name:
    DM-Adia
    Version:
    Final
    Compatibility:
    UT2k4, ECE
    Description:
    The Island of Adia lies off the coast of Spain, and was once used as a hideout for pirates. Here the tournament continues years on, where compeditors must fight on the verge of an oncoming thunderstorm to the east.
    Comments:
    Umm Should be final, my first map.. took a long time to get around to releasing.
    Screenshots:

Credits:
    Me, UDN, Atari/INA forums, DVD SE Tutorials, Nalicity readme designer, Leveldesigner.com fluidsurface tutorial, Architectronic Tutorials
    Download:
    http://www.pcgamemods.com/11873/
    http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3002

Additional mirrors...

Hey Zen - you do have an account on Mapraider you know (which mirrors your submission twice for you)

I went ahead and added it to the database for ya'. All three mirrors are listed here:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3002

Comment

Lmao, thanks for that, I totally forgot... I got distracted this morning so yeah.. that should explain it =) I've added the mapraider link to the main post.

Comment

looks great, and plays very good. nice job :up:

Comment

A very nice outddor map and I see you addressed the bugs that were in the early version I had ... this one is just great ... I really like the fast pace and the flow and the weapon placement actually really caught my eye .. it is good. If people like outdoor island maps then they should download this. It's cool that you went in a different direction and didn't make it a sunny day. :up: :up: GJ. Looking forward to your next map Zen.

Comment

Water isn't showing up for me. (I have low world detail and foliage turned off). It's weird.
            Map itself is okay.

Comment

{MM}Juggalo_kyl: Thanks

AnubanUT: We'll, I'll try to make a good next map, at any rate :haha:

DimensionSeven: Hmm, what graphics card do you have? *runs Ued and tries GF2 graphics emulation* hmm.. no fallback... *slaps self*. I'm at a loss at what to do then. Does it just show an ugly brownish-yellow surface? That would be the fallback.. If it's not showing at all I have no idea, it uses a reasonably complex shader so... =\

Comment

ATI 9600, so it isn't the problem. I just have no watersurface. I only notice that I'm in water when walking gets slow.

Comment

I used to have the same thing with my old vid card. Just put the world detail to normal and you should be fine. It's nothing with the map.

Comment

Okay yeah it's because the water is 2 xproc meshes, and afaik they don't display on low world detail... Other then that, any other thoughts on the map?

<<shameless bump>>

Comment

i just noticed, the fog doesnt go into the skybox properly, leaving it to just cut off some meshes instantly. you could of avoided this by lowering the skyzone info in the skybox.

Comment

Nice finished version. Not really the type of map we would use on our servers (TAM) but just wanted to give you props on visuals.

Hopefully your next map will have some x y action.

Comment

This is an great looking map that also plays well. Very atmospheric. Kind of reminds me of Far Cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale
                            This is an great looking map that also plays well. Very atmospheric. Kind of reminds me of Far Cry.
                            same thing i said when it was a beta

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale
                              Originally posted by KrAsChEr
                              Nice finished version. Not really the type of map we would use on our servers (TAM) but just wanted to give you props on visuals.
                              Wow, thanks guys =) It's always nice to get good feedback.

Comment

Working...
                              X