X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shield only Shield Gun

Name: Shield only Shield Gun
    Version: 1.00
    Compatibility: UT2004 (should work with all patches)
    Description: Replaces the shield gun primary with the secondary fire, this means the gun can only be used to shield against damage, not deal any
    Comments: This mutator was reqested by QettoE
    Screenshot: None
    Credits: QettoE's idea, Hsoolien programmed it
    Homepage: none
    Download: http://www.planetunreal.com/unrealco...dgunmut100.zip

how useful

Comment

That's, strange?

I was thinking the shield could be made more useful somehow. I wonder if someone has made a mutator that allows the shield and perhaps the xloc to be used without switching to them, just make a key bound to their actions, you know?

Comment

I made this at the request of someone else, persoanlly I would never use it, but he wanted to be able to run a server without the primary shield fire....

As for your idea Mr_Caravaggio... hmm I'll think on it, the probelm would be where to link it in at.... (the actual code to do it is easy, jsut making it work via mutator is not)

Comment

I like the Shield Gun

And I don't like this

Comment

OMG, it would be soo funny if Flak puts it on her server.
            then, the PR will be like, WTF? i can't camp ><

Comment

Originally posted by toniglandyl
              [Bthen, the PR will be like, WTF? i can't camp >< [/B]
              roffles

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Caravaggio
                That's, strange?

I was thinking the shield could be made more useful somehow. I wonder if someone has made a mutator that allows the shield and perhaps the xloc to be used without switching to them, just make a key bound to their actions, you know?
                I would love if you could do this with the shield, adding a good tweaks to your combat. The way the shield is that way, it takes too much time to switch from it and to your offensive weapon for it to be of much used in combat unless you dont want to fight anymore. I would realy like this to be done!

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien View Post
                  Name: Shield only Shield Gun
                  This “Shield Only Shield Gun” mutator was a god send: we’ve been playing Unreal at work forever, and recently a new guy joined and ruined it all for us by keeping using that stupid shield gun to kill people in close quarter matches. I’ve been looking up and down the internet for a mutator to either get rid of the shield gun altogether, or, like this mutator has done, to disable the shield gun killing feature. So thanks to Hsoolien for implementing this!

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get it to work properly. It works fine on the server hosting the matches, but any player that connects to the server has a major problem: after switching to a different weapon with the mouse wheel, all weapons except the translocator disappear. I’ve tried copying the mutator files in the system directory of the connecting players, I’ve tried removing them, it makes no difference. I’ve also tried playing on the connecting player’s machine (just a local game) and then the mutator works fine. It’s only when connecting to a ut2004 server that it doesn’t work. Other mutators (like olstats, “sniper rifles”) work fine. I've tried with both version 3355 and 3369 of UT 2004 -- same effect.

Anyway, I don’t know if Hsoolien is still maintaining that mutator or anybody else has any idea how to solve this. Any help would be appreciated; I’d really like to get that mutator to work! Of course, if this is a standard problem that other people have encountered and the solution is already available on the web, feel free to flip me a URL…!

Thanks!
                  ,\,\}{

Comment

You could probably use tweakTool to lower shieldfire damage...

Comment

Originally posted by fftunes View Post
                      You could probably use tweakTool to lower shieldfire damage...
                      that way you also get the utility uses, like shield jumping

Comment

How about playing this mod with the arena mutator?

Perhaps altering the fire to push harder without doing direct damage could be fun, could try to make the target gib when it hits the wall instead.

Increased range and damage, reduced self damage, recoil... there are lots of things to improve with that weapon to make it much more fun to play around with.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz2k7 View Post
                          Perhaps altering the fire to push harder without doing direct damage could be fun, could try to make the target gib when it hits the wall instead.
                          I was just getting ready to do something just like that with the shield gun. I want it to be used in tandem with my concussion rifle mut (shock rifle that does no damage, but launches you super far). I was planning on making the shield gun do little or no damage to self or others, and still have the shield function to use as a defense, as just the concussion rifle itself makes it difficult to get kills sometimes, and crashes UT every now and then when a ragdoll gets destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by MuscleHead View Post
                            I’ve been looking up and down the internet for a mutator to either get rid of the shield gun altogether, or, like this mutator has done, to disable the shield gun killing feature.
                            ...what? why not WORM, or Arena, or make a mutator where a weapon REPLACES the sheild gun?

Comment

The Point of making a bad wepon worse is what exactly?

Comment

Working...
                              X