ONS-Echo [Release 102]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey slinky, i'd like to point out 2 things

the elevators. can u make it so u dont fall through when u are mvoing on the flatform or is that impossible, the bots stop on the platform but when it goes up they start moving and they fall off,

secondly. can you consider making the waterfalls better? maybe some water mist on the bottom and maybe making it so the waterfall isnt seen below the water. there is also a part of a waterfall where there is no water. the blending from the water mesh to the water fall mesh is very noticable.

Comment

the elevators. can u make it so u dont fall through when u are mvoing on the flatform or is that impossible, the bots stop on the platform but when it goes up they start moving and they fall off,
      Unfortunately, this is the best I could do for vehicles elevators. The problems is that collisions with vehicles are not the same as collisions with players and collisions with movers give all sorts of weird side effects as you point out.

Sometimes the vehicles will be left standing in thin air, sometimes, they will fall through the elevator if they move toward the edges. There is no 'vehicles elevators bot pathing' in the engine... I had to resort to trick the bots in using them. Basically I use blocked paths to make sure they dont try to use it when its not there and I force a path beyond the blocked path so that the bots try to reach it while in the elevator... kind of pushing toward the back of the elevator, this causes other problems but sometimes works. I put a high cost on using the elevator so that bots dont use it as much and that its available to players mostly.

secondly. can you consider making the waterfalls better? maybe some water mist on the bottom and maybe making it so the waterfall isnt seen below the water. there is also a part of a waterfall where there is no water. the blending from the water mesh to the water fall mesh is very noticable.
      I actually removed a lot of the emitters from the waterfall in order to improve performance. I did not build a custom mesh for the water, I reused an existing one and used standard fluid surfaces, hence the gap you mention between the fall and the water. I was hiding it a little better with more emitters and some vegetation in earlier releases of the map but removed them all while optimizing and removing some elements that were not important gameplay wise. I guess its just a tradeoff between performance and visuals.

Comment

Np mate, I never had any optimization issues with the map but this one is still a keeper.

i understand about the lifts no worries it works ok you know as it wasnt meant to be designed that way.

Comment

I have not posted in a while but since I made a few corrections, it's best to make it available to all here. It is the version that has been on the T32 server for some time.

ONS-Echo-103-beta3
          -MUCH improved elevators, vehicles do not go through anymore.
          -Some vehicles and weapons placement changed.
          -Othe minor tweaks

http://www.lgipug.com/ut2004/ons-ech...-103-beta3.zip

Unfortunately, I am unable to use my old 'legacy' account on this forum and I can't edit the 1st post as a result. Somehow my login / password are accepted but I am not given any privileges to access any forums or threads.

Comment

well i got mine to work cause when i did it both were so similar, but in reality i had made a totally new account and made a few new posts on this fourm still unable to edit any of my old posts with legacy next to them, then the next day i go on to one of the old threads that i have not yet posted on a BLAMO, i see that all legacy-mruglyguy posts have turned into mine (yippe). so i got to keep my 1700 posts and so on, give it time, they have a couple guys just working on that, plus your name is the same as your other and hopefully they both have the same e-mail or IP then you'll get control.

Oh and nice thread bump S

Comment

Working...
            X