• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Re: Yea

Originally posted by eviL<3
    Well TeamKillers could jump into your Rockets to kill you
    Yep. That's one problem with reflective dammage. Another is that it kind of defeats the purpose of having ff on. With normal ff, if you score an accidental TK, you take a teammate out of action and lose whatever he was working on. With reflective dammage, you take yourself out... and all you were working on was taking out your teammate. Nowhere near the same dynamic, you see.

I always preferred the "X- number of strikes and you're out" method of foiling TK-griefers. That combined with a tempban 'til mapchange is an excellent cure that doesn't muck up the game. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes,

mutator should work in offline games as well. Such effects as burst in flames and similar effects may be implemented in a furthcomming version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this mut work offline (in botmatch) as well? If so, could you perhaps add a feature that makes the team killer burst into flames, burn for a couple of secs, then skeletonize (leaving a nice charred, smoking skeleton). This would be the divine retribution / burn in hell variant.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah, i agree with phoenix, the team damage mutator now works perfectly, i tested by shooting a low level player and i died

great work crowbar

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by +++crowbar+++
    Hope new version v1.09 will work. If not, send e-mail or post in this forum and I'll take care of it.

Greetings
    +++crowbar+++
    Thanks for this.. I have tested TD 109 with UT2Vote50 and now TD work perfectly.

"Damaging a team mate.. damage you!"

So we have now the response against high rpg spaming. Dont letting some shoot to low level players, dont bother about others can kill you, laging the server with perpetual weapon spaming can stop you. :-)

Admin are happy now. TD just run great. Thx for your work Crowbar. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In my experience the people who really detest team damage have one or more of the following problems.

1) Poor accuracy (usually from not enough practice)
    2) Jittery trigger finger (usually from too much caffeine)
    3) Does not know how to use weapons that don't cause splash damage ( same remedy as problem 1)
    4) Doesn't like a challenge (because any fool can spray down a map, but only skilled players can make shots count and not shoot extra rounds)

I dont know how much this mutator is needed in other gametypes but in invasion it becomes necessary when using RPG.
    In other gametypes, see your points 1-4.

Greetings
    +++crowbar+++

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In my experience the people who really detest team damage have one or more of the following problems.

1) Poor accuracy (usually from not enough practice)
    2) Jittery trigger finger (usually from too much caffeine)
    3) Does not know how to use weapons that don't cause splash damage ( same remedy as problem 1)
    4) Doesn't like a challenge (because any fool can spray down a map, but only skilled players can make shots count and not shoot extra rounds)

I dont know how much this mutator is needed in other gametypes but in invasion it becomes necessary when using RPG.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hate the team-damage reflection mutator for CoD. I don't end up playing on those servers very long. :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hope new version v1.09 will work. If not, send e-mail or post in this forum and I'll take care of it.

Greetings
    +++crowbar+++

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: No necessary

Originally posted by +++crowbar+++
    If the option to instantly kill team-killers is set to false (bKillKiller=false), nothing happens to the team-killer, as long as he don't reach the maximum allowed amount of teamkills (defined with iMaxTeamKills in config).

Then the punishment starts ...

btw.: on Invasion RPG servers, this mut could help you stop players steal good players points
    Same idea here, i/we try to stop some problems on our RPG server..

1° Bad monster spawn point/spawn camping : Randomspawn mutator ;

2° Players who lag the server with shooting like hell without stoping, shoot their team mates continualy. Why ?? To get all the frags as high XP player without using Any Skills !!!
    => Team Damage is the best tool i have found for this. Thanks for what you have created for the Unreal community.

But now the TD108 didnt work anymore since i have upgraded the voting system with UT2Vote.

It seams that UT2VOTE is incompatible with Team Damage. All our tests to make it working have fail. :cry:

I test the new version with ut2vote today. Thank you.

Anybody aware of this problem with UT2Vote ?

=USG=Phoenix
    http://www.unrealstargate.net - Phoenix gaming postals & Community

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What if you have a player with no experience and he or she shoots his or her own team? They are kicked because they dont know how to play yet?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you very much!

That was exactly the fix I was looking for. Now I can go back to using Battle Stats in the mix at my server.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My failure,

very simple, changed:
    Code:
    return NextGameRules.NetDamage(OriginalDamage,Damage,injured,instigatedBy,HitLocation,Momentum,DamageType);
    into
    Code:
    Damage = NextGameRules.NetDamage(OriginalDamage,Damage,injured,instigatedBy,HitLocation,Momentum,DamageType);
    return Damage;
    The first line of code is like in Vampire mutator. I originaly took it from that mut. Cannot see what difference the second code makes, but it makes the mutator work with Vampire mut again.

Download link see at discription on top of thread.

Greetings
    +++crowbar+++

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Code:
    [TeamDamage108v.TeamDamage108v]
    DamageReflection=True
    TransferScaling=0.750000
    bInstagibSurvive=False
    iInstagibSelf=50
    bKillKiller=False
    bKickTeamKiller=True
    bTemporaryBanTeamKiller=True
    bBanTeamKiller=False
    iMaxTeamKills=3
    iWarningLevel=2
    bLogging=True

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay,

I will test it out tonight. Allthough, when I ran TeamDamage with Vampire mutator everything worked fine, even on a dedicated server.

Could you please send me the config settings of the TeamDamage mutator you used with vampire, so that I can reproduce the failure.

Greetings
    +++crowbar+++

Leave a comment:

Working...
X