• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Damage v1.09 [update]

Name: Team Damage
    Version: v1.09
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description:
    Because I like to play with friendly fire on, I created a simple, "Call of Duty"-style damage reflection mutator for UT 2004, to get rid of all those lame team killers. This mutator deals with team-killers in the way, that the damage the team-killer commits to his team mate is mirrored back to himself, when friendly fire is activated. It can be scaled how much damage will be mirrored. Also, there's an option to instantly kill the killer, if team mate dies.

Team killer, which commit more team-kills than allowed, can automatically be:
    • Kicked from the server
    • Banned from the server (be carefull with this option!)
    • Temporary banned from the server (session ban): the team killer will be banned only for the rest of the running match and not permanently, like usual in UT2004. When a new match starts, the team killer can join the server again, but until then, the team-killer has to wait. This will give the team killer some time to think about his foolish game style and let the admin have an easy time ;-)

Comments: Works with:
    • Deathmatch: Not, of course
    • Team Deathmatch: Yes
    • CaptureTheFlag: Yes
    • InstagibCTF: Yes
    • DoubleDomination: Yes
    • BombingRun: Yes
    • Onslaught: Tested, but when in vehicle, damage committed to vehicle.

Screenshot:
    Default warning message
    [screenshot]http://www.1on1-server.de/mutator/ScreenShot.jpg[/screenshot]

Kick warning message
    [screenshot]http://www.1on1-server.de/mutator/ScreenShot2.jpg[/screenshot]

Ups, kicked and temporary banned that lamer!
    [screenshot]http://www.1on1-server.de/mutator/ScreenShot3.gif[/screenshot]

Credits:
    ShiningSquirrel for idea, porkmanii for support

Download:
    TeamDamage109
    TeamDamage108

Homepage:
    www.1on1-server.de

Hotfix:
    v1.09:
    • Fixed: supposed to work correctly with other mutators like Vampire.

Have fun!
    +++crowbar+++

Hehe

Nice! But why don't just turn TeamDammage off? :bulb:

Comment

Re: Hehe

Originally posted by eviL<3
      Nice! But why don't just turn TeamDammage off? :bulb:
      Dunno, for a twist of carefulness (makes you think twice before shooting at a teammate or and area filled with teamamtes)...

Comment

Yea

Well TeamKillers could jump into your Rockets to kill you

Comment

No necessary

If the option to instantly kill team-killers is set to false (bKillKiller=false), nothing happens to the team-killer, as long as he don't reach the maximum allowed amount of teamkills (defined with iMaxTeamKills in config).

Then the punishment starts ...

btw.: on Invasion RPG servers, this mut could help you stop players steal good players points

Comment

I use it on my RPG invasion server. Or rather I used to for a time.

I like it over having everyone just flak/rocket the hell out of a map and just see how many points they can rack up. Plus it adds a little more realism to the game.

I know most of the game is stuff you could never do anyway but cmon, no matter how many cool guns we invent in the future they will all damage humans if they damage bugs, skaarj, and warlords.

Adds challenge.

Comment

Okay, problem.

I posted about this in the thread for Battle Stats v2

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=462589

and L7 suggested I check something and then post here about it.

I tried to run TeamDamage 108 with the Battle Stats mutator, and when both were active on a dedicated server, the team damage no longer works. Now I tested it in instant action and they work together.

L7 suggested I test Team Damage with Vampire mutator to see if the Net Damage function was at fault. I tested these two in instant action and sure enough, team damage stops working if Vampire is on. I shoot and shoot and kill team mates and never take any damage. And I have the damage reflection set at 75% returned.

Comment

Okay,

I will test it out tonight. Allthough, when I ran TeamDamage with Vampire mutator everything worked fine, even on a dedicated server.

Could you please send me the config settings of the TeamDamage mutator you used with vampire, so that I can reproduce the failure.

Greetings
                +++crowbar+++

Comment

Code:
                  [TeamDamage108v.TeamDamage108v]
                  DamageReflection=True
                  TransferScaling=0.750000
                  bInstagibSurvive=False
                  iInstagibSelf=50
                  bKillKiller=False
                  bKickTeamKiller=True
                  bTemporaryBanTeamKiller=True
                  bBanTeamKiller=False
                  iMaxTeamKills=3
                  iWarningLevel=2
                  bLogging=True

Comment

My failure,

very simple, changed:
                    Code:
                    return NextGameRules.NetDamage(OriginalDamage,Damage,injured,instigatedBy,HitLocation,Momentum,DamageType);
                    into
                    Code:
                    Damage = NextGameRules.NetDamage(OriginalDamage,Damage,injured,instigatedBy,HitLocation,Momentum,DamageType);
                    return Damage;
                    The first line of code is like in Vampire mutator. I originaly took it from that mut. Cannot see what difference the second code makes, but it makes the mutator work with Vampire mut again.

Download link see at discription on top of thread.

Greetings
                    +++crowbar+++

Comment

Thank you very much!

That was exactly the fix I was looking for. Now I can go back to using Battle Stats in the mix at my server.

Comment

What if you have a player with no experience and he or she shoots his or her own team? They are kicked because they dont know how to play yet?

Comment

Re: No necessary

Originally posted by +++crowbar+++
                          If the option to instantly kill team-killers is set to false (bKillKiller=false), nothing happens to the team-killer, as long as he don't reach the maximum allowed amount of teamkills (defined with iMaxTeamKills in config).

Then the punishment starts ...

btw.: on Invasion RPG servers, this mut could help you stop players steal good players points
                          Same idea here, i/we try to stop some problems on our RPG server..

1° Bad monster spawn point/spawn camping : Randomspawn mutator ;

2° Players who lag the server with shooting like hell without stoping, shoot their team mates continualy. Why ?? To get all the frags as high XP player without using Any Skills !!!
                          => Team Damage is the best tool i have found for this. Thanks for what you have created for the Unreal community.

But now the TD108 didnt work anymore since i have upgraded the voting system with UT2Vote.

It seams that UT2VOTE is incompatible with Team Damage. All our tests to make it working have fail. :cry:

I test the new version with ut2vote today. Thank you.

Anybody aware of this problem with UT2Vote ?

=USG=Phoenix
                          http://www.unrealstargate.net - Phoenix gaming postals & Community

Comment

Hope new version v1.09 will work. If not, send e-mail or post in this forum and I'll take care of it.

Greetings
                            +++crowbar+++

Comment

I hate the team-damage reflection mutator for CoD. I don't end up playing on those servers very long. :bulb:

Comment

Working...
                              X