No announcement yet.

DM-Yro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job Roy. Be a shame to dirty it up!

Comment

Be a shame to dirty it up!
      lol, don't worry. feel at home

Comment

I really like the futurist/minimalistic look to this map. As stated before, very clean and that's a good theang (thing). The only complaint I really have is the lack of bot support. An hour or two more work and you could have take care of those who might play this game offline.

Any way, great work on this map, looking forward to your next map (assuming you are making one )

Comment

Originally posted by cwv_odedge
          I really like the futurist/minimalistic look to this map. As stated before, very clean and that's a good theang (thing). The only complaint I really have is the lack of bot support. An hour or two more work and you could have take care of those who might play this game offline.
          There is bot support on this level.

Comment

There is bot support on this level.
            Yeah, right. Bots are supported on this map.

@ cwv_odedge: I don't know why they don't do their job on your machine.

Comment

Originally posted by R0Y
              Yeah, right. Bots are supported on this map.

@ cwv_odedge: I don't know why they don't do their job on your machine.
              Well, I feel kind of stupid for stating that. Yes, there are paths created by item pick ups and player starts, but no path nodes. I think having some better paths (with the use of some path nodes) would help out the bots. I guess I have never seen a map create paths using only pick ups and player starts.

Comment

Kinda ironic how the simplest maps are the most fun. I'm not complaining, tho...gj R0Y

Comment

Ok, now I feel a little less stupid. When I first played the map, I felt the bots weren't that challenging. After these posts, I decided to watch the bots. I put two of them in and spectated the match. They did move around picking up things to kill each other with just fine.

There seems to be two trouble areas in regards to bots in this map. The first is the elevator. When a bot uses it to go up, when they get to the first floor, the elevator stops and the bot tries to jump to the second floor. Of course they don't make it, land back on the elevator, which goes to the starting position and repeats.

The other trouble area is the two lowered sections of the floor near the rocket launcher. It seems bots will go into the depressed areas, but won't get out. They will just stay at the end of it like they are running into an invisible wall. If some one attacks them, they may jump out of the "hole".

I actually had a moment while watching them, that each got stuck in a troubled area (one on the floor and one on the elevator). These comments are meant to inform yourself and others (including me) on how bots behave. All these tidbits of information will only help all of us create better maps.

Comment

All these tidbits of information will only help all of us create better maps.
                    Yeah, right. Those information do help a mapper a lot. In this case, I have already solved the problem. But I'm not releasing a second version in the next time. Why? Well, I want to do more than just solving problems. The next version also has to show up with enhanced textures and static meshes.
                    But I promise you, the bots are doing the elevator jump really good in the version that is on my hard disc.
                    BTW, player starts and item pick ups and all this stuff is nothing else then a node in the path network of the bots. There is no big difference between those and the 'real path nodes'. So it is possible to build a fully functional path network without using a single path node. Although this will be unusual and in the second version of Yro you will find about 5 to 10 pat nodes, which I have used to fix some minor problems and to tweak the behaviour of the bots a bit.

Comment

I finally got around to trying this map last night - it's excellent. All I could do not to just stand there and look out the windows.

I didn't notice any bot pathing problems..

Comment

Great map

I don't know what makes me want to play some maps again and again, but this one does. Thanks! (LongestYard and Tempest get me the same way.)

And as everyone has noted, the music's hilarious.

My friend and I try to find the most humorous music to put with a UT battle. Louis Armstrong "What a Wonderful World" is the reigning champion, but you've come up with a contender

I also like the look--clean and uncluttered (but interesting still), not to mention well lit. It's like the Tournament finally got someone in to clean up and re-paint, and finally screwed all the loose light bulbs in tight. I find the style a refreshing change.

Comment

I can't place what I love about this map. I guess it's the flow and the simplicity. It looks great even though it isn't cluttered with static meshes. Great job :up:

Comment

B.U.M.P.

Comment

Any news about a CTF-Version? I would love to play it!

Comment

Can we get an updated dm map and a ctf map? R0Y, u there?

Comment

Working...
                                X