UT2003 Ion Cannon for UT2004

Name:
    UT2003 Ion Cannon

Version:
    Release 1

Compatibility:
    UT2004

Description:
    In UT2003 there had to be an Ion Cannon Satellite on a map in order to be able to use the Ion Painter. You could only target an area the satellite had a line of sight to.
    Now in UT2004 the satellite itself does no longer have to be on the map and the ion blast comes from straight above the marked target location. However, the old UT2003 maps in UT2004 still contain the Ion Cannon Satellite, even though it's not visible.
    The UT2003 Ion Cannon mutator will make the satellite visible again and if it's in a map you will only be able to mark a target location with the painter if the satellite has a line of sight to it – just like it was in UT2003.

Comments:
    (insert witty comment about UT2003 Ion Cannon > UT2004 Ion Cannon)

Screenshot:
    [screenshot]http://www.koehler-homepage.de/images/UT2003IonCannon.jpg[/screenshot]

Credits:
    Created by Wormbo. Satellite model and texture from UT2003.

Homepage:
    http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/

Download:
    http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormb...html#IonCannon

Yummey!

Comment

:heart: :up:

Comment

I just tried this mut on BR-colossus and noticed that there's two satellites in the sky, however only one of the works. :/

Also, on maps that dont have the satellite but an ion painter the mut should create a satellite or revert to the 2K4 way of "ion paintering" ()

Just my two cents.

Comment

Cool, I always preffered the sattelite for some reason.

It's a mutator then? Is there a way to write a script so that mappers can just place it automatically? As much as I like the idea I'm not sure I need to add a 500th entry to the mutator list. :P

Comment

Mappers can put a LevelGameRules actor to their map and add the mutator as a MapMutator to it.

Colossus has satellites? Never expected that since it's a UT2004 map.
            /me goes and checks...

The mutator will not have any effect if there are no satellites in the map.

[edit] Where is the Ion Painter in Colossus?
            [edit2] After summoning a Painter (the 'Loaded' and 'AllWeapons' commands will NOT give you the correct weapon!) I tested and found both satellites to be working, on BR- and CTF-Colossus.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
              [edit] Where is the Ion Painter in Colossus?
              [edit2] After summoning a Painter (the 'Loaded' and 'AllWeapons' commands will NOT give you the correct weapon!) I tested and found both satellites to be working, on BR- and CTF-Colossus.

Maybe it was because i used loaded as only one was working.

Comment

I didn't realize that the UT2004 Ion Beam went off if the satellites were missing...

That's pretty lazy IMHO Epic....

Well i gotta download Wormbot 2 today, so i'll snag this for my server while I'm at it.

Comment

this loks cool! where'd you find the painter in sepukku gorge? by the way, it was also in line-of-sight in UC. :haha: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by WoW Punisher
                    this loks cool! where'd you find the painter in sepukku gorge? by the way, it was also in line-of-sight in UC. :haha: :up:
                    There's this large "Tokara Forest"-style jump pad near point B. Use it to get to the painter, but make sure you hit it closer to point B than point A, otherwise you will be flying over the painter into the canyon.

Comment

oh ok... and when i played those larger-than-life maps, (shok-restrm and MPC-Thehoouse) I saw about 10 satellites! huh?

Comment

Ask the mapper, not me.
                        My mod only makes them visible and requires you to target a location visible to at least one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                          Ask the mapper, not me.
                          My mod only makes them visible and requires you to target a location visible to at least one of them.
                          IMO this should've been allowed just by putting the satellite in.

edit: can I put your mutator in with my map and give you credit.

Comment

Dead thread revival....

Last post-2005
                            Your post-2007

Umm...

Comment

Working...
                            X