AS-Project

AS-Project

Created by: Frase
    Map enhancement by: Endurance

Download:

Go to this link and select AS-Project.zip from the list:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/slthome/

Level Summary:

During the Corporation Wars, After the success of the destruction of Izanagi Corporation's research facility in the glacier area on Lamdon 3 the strike force from the Axon Research Corporation continued to Lamdon 4. Here they found an underground bunker at work in producing a new 'Paladin' tank designed for defence purposes. The base was raided, a prototype of the tank was found but unfortunately the entire base had to be destroyed by the self-targeting of its own missiles.

Installation:

1) Unzip the contents of AS-Project.zip
    2) Place AS-Project.ut2 into your UT2004/Maps directory

Server Installation:

1) Simply upload AS-Project.ut2 to the server maps folder, no additional files should be neccessary.

Bot Support:

Bots are not very intelligent but will complete the map. They have been known to get stuck on the first objective when they tend to lose interest in it and
    would rather attack the defenders spawn. The map is ofcourse however, intended for online play & clan matches.

Requirement:

ECE bonus pack (Paladin tank is used)

With thanks to:

Endurance/Harmandibus - Terrain visual enhancement, addition of static mesh, lighting, sounds and geometry, suggestions/play testing.
    Adrenaline/Danks - Suggestions/Play Testing
    Mystic/Remedy - Suggestions/Play Testing
    Enigma/Blizzard - Suggestions/Play Testing
    Ghost - Suggestions/Play Testing
    Tyrant/Evolution - Spiritual encouragement

This map was made by the creator of AS-Fortress (yeah that sucked I know)

Special thanks to Angel Mapper for the tutorial and all those who helped me when I found errors and gave me specific information for a solution. Couldn't have done it without ya.

Servers containing map in map list (that I know of):

ut2004://195.149.21.112:7440 - Ultimate Assault
    ut2004://66.92.239.37:7777 - Fatal Err0r Gameserver

No screenshot, no download.

Comment

screen shots? description? no one will d/l until you have them.

Comment

I apologize for the framerate issues in places, I have fixed the optimization problem and have uploaded the new version so please delete the old version and download the new, thanks.

Comment

must download and play this map !

this is one of really fun AS map !!! thank you :up:
          what is "framerate issues" ? I dont have any issues in this map but ...

Comment

Just played one quick set. Must say, very interesting map. Very intense action. I will have to play some more before I can make any real comments.:up:

Comment

Cheers guys, the framerate issues shouldn't exsist anymore, there was a serious problem with the lava section not zoning (literally dropped to below 10 fps) properly but this is fixed now, cave will always be slightly low though. I've emailed a few server admins to try get it put up on some custom map servers, thanks for the positive comments in aid of distribution.

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8189

Comment

the 2nd last objective is just way to hard to get, by the time the lift gets to the top of the shaft the defenders can spawn over 3 times + a 4th time when the lift gets to the top, defenders just have to jump on top of the lift as its moving up and spam nades into the top of the holes, even if they jump in and fire nades at the ppl in the lift and they die, the nades still kill the people they hit, after all the people in the lift die the power core resets and the same thing happens over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Venguard
                  the 2nd last objective is just way to hard to get, by the time the lift gets to the top of the shaft the defenders can spawn over 3 times + a 4th time when the lift gets to the top, defenders just have to jump on top of the lift as its moving up and spam nades into the top of the holes, even if they jump in and fire nades at the ppl in the lift and they die, the nades still kill the people they hit, after all the people in the lift die the power core resets and the same thing happens over again.
                  It's hard I admit, just played a 2v2 of it and both teams completed that objective first time. Remember the guy with the powercore can have up to 199 health and 50 armour with team mates protecting him and the defence weapons are far weaker, plus I've tested it with more people and its easy enough not to get naded. Then again I was suggested to put in another hard objective so I did.

Comment

Have to agree. At least against bots I was able to hold off against 6 by dropping in goo and grenades. Maybe making the lift faster would help out against the defenders having such a powerful position. Or maybe remove the access panel holes in the top.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mage
                      I've emailed a few server admins to try get it put up on some custom map servers, thanks for the positive comments in aid of distribution.
                      Yes I recieved that email. The map is very good, however, in a few days, I am taking my server offline. Just posting here to let you know the email wasn't ignored.
                      Keep making maps like this

Comment

Working...
                      X