No announcement yet.

DM-Redkin (Hourence's Master Peice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, pulling the plug after few relatively bad critiques seems a bit hasty. Maybe he’ll come around...

Comment

I would like to take this time to say this map is good, you are all stupid for arguing over such trival things and angelheart needs to father my babies. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Comment

Beautiful!

Downloading

Comment

I love the spitfires, the moving factory parts, etc. Wonderful aesthetics.

I'm not really a DM player, so I can't say jack about the gameplay.

The fps was below average, but that's a bearable condition for a very visual map like this. And the world detail setting fixes this up like nobody's business!

Comment

I give it a 6 at best.

Comment

My opinion;
              There is two ways how Hourences make maps;
              For game;
              DM-Rankin, CTF-Bridge(cave map)ONS-Torlan
              - Less visuals- Higher fps- excelent maps!
              For community;
              DM-Redkin, ONS-Dinora
              -More visuals and EXPERIMENTS-lower fps- again excelent maps!

My point is ; Hourences knows exactly(diferences and balance beetwen) how to make a maps without telling anyone to change settings, and he expects for people to see and understand that.
              Probably thats why he is angry(with reason).
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Only thing I don't like in his recent maps are repetetive
              flying eagles.
              It stands for some maps but for Dinora would be better to have gulls and sound with it. Just for a change.
              Is that a destructive critic or constructive?
              He is a master but sometimes one map is better than other-
              (that depends of people tastes). Like in life - there is always a helping hand and one who dig a grave.

I apologise for my bad spelling,
              Hope I didn't offend anyone- peace

Comment

Nice map

I have been playing it,and to me there seems to be something that just dont seem/feel right.???
                (cannot put my finger on it at the mo.)

Anyway another great map to my collection

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Belle
                  I give it a 6 at best.
                  Excellent constructive feedback :up:

Comment

Originally posted by PASHKO
                    DM-Rankin, CTF-Bridge(cave map)ONS-Torlan
                    - Less visuals- Higher fps- excelent maps!
                    I don’t think Hourences made CTF-Bridge.

Comment

Early online communities were cool, if ppl made content for a game it was a gift. Now it seems expected, the bigger the suthors name the more brownie points you can score by doing a random slag.

People need to remember the time and effort spent on creating extra content, it's done for nothing and really if you don't like something you don't have to keep it. If it's something you like that has bugs and needs improvement, then I don't think many authors mind being told.

Hourences should release a map under a false tag and gauge the feedback, I think it'd be a lot more positive overall and lack those posters that like to bring 'namers' down a peg or two.

Comment

Quite surprised about Hourences reaction to criticism, especially because I think he's smart enough to understand Redkin was not going to perform well as Rankin...no reason to put emphasis on lowering world details otherwise.

I have a lot of respect for all the time spent working for free stuff for the community, but going straight with an idea being aware of the possible problems and still pretending to be immune from criticism is asking too much, even for him. If he's satisfied with the result I really wonder why he cares, really.

Comment

Originally posted by NulEnvoid
                          Early online communities were cool, if ppl made content for a game it was a gift. Now it seems expected, the bigger the suthors name the more brownie points you can score by doing a random slag.

People need to remember the time and effort spent on creating extra content, it's done for nothing and really if you don't like something you don't have to keep it. If it's something you like that has bugs and needs improvement, then I don't think many authors mind being told.

Hourences should release a map under a false tag and gauge the feedback, I think it'd be a lot more positive overall and lack those posters that like to bring 'namers' down a peg or two.
                          Yes, comments probably would be better, because expectations would be lower.
                          It's like with Olympic basketball: if America doesn't win it, everyone's extremely disappointed, even though second ain't bad at all. If some small, unknown country were to get second, everyone would think it was great.
                          Different standards because of different expectations.

Comment

are you guys still bickering about this map and why you like or dont like it?

I have tried to leave this community countless times and it pulls me back in.
                            Unreal has a dark side that intimidates us all

Besides you should stay you find neat maps..and give constructive remarks where needed..

Comment

Also I`m not bashing his work,Hourences is a talented mapper..

There are quite a few very good mappers i look up to as well..
                              Angle_mapper,Teddie,AngleH@rt/Desp#2/,acc..
                              (also Yournan2000 is getting good with the clasics)

I must be honest though,if any of them brings out a map,i know it`s going to be a good quality map anyway.
                              (maybe we do expect too much for them,but they are very good mappers after all )

It`s ppl like them,that make maps/mods/muts for ut/ut2004
                              And puts more lastabilty/playability into the game imho

Sorry if i`v missed out other talented mappers,memory not as good as it was

Anyway big thanks from me to them all
                              T@F..

Btw Hourences dont take it to heartsome ppl just do it,as they prob cannot map,and are jealous..)

Comment

This reminds me of an unfortunate episode on BeyondUnreal.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showt...1&page=1&pp=30

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :down:

EDIT: BTW I'm not bashing the map- it really is a great map, I just don't like the way he's handling this.

Comment

Working...
                                X