• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

settings -> world detail -> low

works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by FuschiaShades
      Wow, Hourences put out a new map! First order of business: Let's Bash it! This map sucks! Hahahah!

/sarcasm

Grow up people.

-Awesome map btw Hourences. (You know it's good if Desp2 himself pimps it).
      Unfortunately, when you author the most popular DM map, it's pretty important that the sequel be at least equal or better than the original. Aside from the above gripes, it definitely has all the high quality gameplay imo.

If it were my map, I'd consider sacrificing some leetness for framerates to get the map playable on servers.

Comment

Havent tested it so much, but all the noice and ambientsound really ruin this map.

Comment

Technically impressive map and it has some nice gameplay elements as well, but it's nowhere near Rankin in that department and to me gameplay is what it's all about...

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
            No mapper is exempt from criticism.
            Is that why you stopped mapping?

Comment

This runs fine for me too on high everything. I had some great fights on it already and I for the most part like everything it seems a few others didn't. I don't know if it's better than Rankin, it's definitely not worse...but for me I just don't really view it as anything more then yet another new map I enjoy playing on.

Comment

Where the hell did you get that crazy idea? :bulb:

Comment

Desp...now I get what you were talking about...I'll give it a whirl

Comment

Wow, Hourences put out a new map! First order of business: Let's Bash it! This map sucks! Hahahah!

/sarcasm

Grow up people.
                    Why don't you grow up?
                    Rofl.

Comment

You know, it really ****** me off when people complain about things in a map when they have no reall good experience in the editor. I'd like to see some of 'you' spend 7 months or more on a map then release it to have people complain about little things. At first I had a couple of fps issues but, ****ing read the text, turn down your world detail and you get a big fps boost. WOW that took me a whole 5 seconds and to complain about a blocking volunme is a bit too picky. If you have a problem with the map go somewhere else and play Quake 1, and let the grown ups talk about mapping.... it hurts me to see people acting like this, and to think I'm spending a **** load of time right now for these people that want to cry about stupid things, it is'nt like us mappers are getting paid to do this for you.

Anyway, all I am going to say is: Ace map Hour. these are the maps that are inspiring me to do what I am doing right now atm.
                      I hope you can overcome the shock of some of these losers(using term loosey) and make yet another good map like this one *tummy growls for more*

Comment

there are some maps i love that you likely wouldn't..if that makes me a loser or a n00b or whatever..i really don't mind. I like this map... it has some things that i don't like...i refuse to blindly say i think its flawless because of the author's other work... if you find nothing wrong with it fine... but that doesn't mean everyone else has no right to state their opinion...I don't need to know anything in UED to know if I like a map or not.

to be honest i don't love Rankin either *gasp*

Comment

Best custom map released to date imho. Excellent visuals and gameplay are where this map succeeds.

Looking at the stock UT2004 maps, this map has 3-4x the detail and people still expect it to run as smooth as the standard ones. :bulb:
                          Simply doesn`t work.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Rankin either [/coming out]

I do however like this one a lot.
                            The dead-ends make you think twice before you grab the powerups and there's alot of z-axis action this map.

FPS is pretty decent here, better than alot of ONS maps anyway. The missing collision on the windows is indeed annoying, but easily fixed I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                              there are some maps i love that you likely wouldn't..if that makes me a loser or a n00b or whatever..i really don't mind. I like this map... it has some things that i don't like...i refuse to blindly say i think its flawless because of the author's other work... if you find nothing wrong with it fine... but that doesn't mean everyone else has no right to state their opinion...I don't need to know anything in UED to know if I like a map or not.

to be honest i don't love Rankin either *gasp*
                              I was not pointing fingers at anyone... it was just a general statement to those who are guilty, and yes, everyone is entitled to their feed back. I just think 'some' people should show more respect for any mapper.

Comment

I think everyone agrees that the map looks and plays much better than the average map found on these forums. However, it's not because this map was made by a reputed mapper that no one can criticise it. People are pointing out the missing collision on the window because it's a flaw. If someone found a similar error in another map, they'd point it out as well, so that the mapper knows about it. What do you expect? For people to try to cover it up so we could all go on worshipping the perfection that is Hourences?
                                Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great mapper, but what some of you seem to be saying is that we're pointing out flaws out of, I don't know, spite? People still have the right to their own opinions, don't they? And they still have the right to express these opinions, right? So don't get all huffy if those opinions aren't the same as your's (this of course goes for both sides).

Comment

Working...
                                X