Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Jes
    and seeing the server doesn't have Felina - you'll be hearing Jakob! :bulb:
    Ugh, that always ******/****** me off.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -Tj-
    Ohhhh ok, that explains that, then. I was playing with a couple of other guys on someone's server and we all had custom models. We could all see each other, but whenever I was hit, or my friend was hit (he was playing as a different colored Felina) we would hear the male merc sound.
    Heh, well it definitely annoyed the hell outta me back when I played DeathBall 1.3...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ohhhh ok, that explains that, then. I was playing with a couple of other guys on someone's server and we all had custom models. We could all see each other, but whenever I was hit, or my friend was hit (he was playing as a different colored Felina) we would hear the male merc sound.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    -Tj- ~ No, just the client. Well, it depends...

If the model's using a costum species, then methinks yes.
    Otherwise, the model will be visible to any other client with that model installed.
    Of course, you'll have a weird sound-bug thingie, seeing as the sounds your character will produce will be "chosen" by the server, and seeing the server doesn't have Felina - you'll be hearing Jakob! :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hide is somewhat easily reachable over at the BeyondUnreal SkinCity forums. I didn't want to do Felina's skin till I got permission from him, and I guess I found him there by some stroke of luck.

Do all custom characters need to be loaded on the server side in order to be visible during online games? Glad you guys like the skin enough to put it onto online servers too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Didn't Hide used to post on some forums, erm... somewhere?
    >_>

Damnit, I can't remember right now...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I do - I keep them all in UT2k4 as a fully seperate bot-team (with Map/BotMixer).

Now, about hosting a server... It's not going to be more than 2mbit down, 512kbit up.. So it won't be a good one. :bulb:
    I'll also have to switch XGame.u - I'm using a modified one with all ambient light removed from XPawn (making it possible to "disappear" in the shadows)!

- I was considering getting permission from the original creator (Hide) -
    That's kinda impossible, seeing as he haven't included his mail in any of his model's readmes (iirc). :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone here have a server they can put Marygold, Felina, and all their counterparts onto? Or know of a server runing any of them? I may have found an invation server willing to put them up, but i can't log onto their forum to post the question. So if anyone else would run them that would be awesome .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's because Felina uses the animation-set found in the "Aliens.ukx" file.
    That file is not present in the UT2k4 demo, since the Gen Mo'Kai (the Aliens) aren't included in the demo.

You could get someone to send you a modified ukx file for Felina which has the animation-set embedded, or the retail file (Aliens.ukx) that is currently needed.

The Aliens Karma-file is probably not included in the demo either, so you'd have to get that one as well...

+++As soon as I get back from work, I'll work on adding the anim-set to Felina's ukx file, then mail the modified file to you (with the karma-file) - so PM me with your mail-adress plz! :up:

+++File Sent - Hope it works!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am having a bit of trouble, I have downloaded the newest UT2004 DEMO and tryed installing the skins but they havent worked yet, in game i dont see them, just see the little pics of her in the selector and when ppl talk, i see the names and everything just not the model itself. i am planning on buyin the game when i get the cash but right now its a bit tight for me, anyone know what to do, or if there is anything i can do to maybe remove the stock demo ppl so i can have this skin? i would really appricate it. thanks for your time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very Nice, I like it :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If someone selects 2 or more of the same character from the roster (like the Red Felina, for example) then the engine still uses the default alternate names like Preatorian, Hydra, and Magnate. Is this something that just can't be helped, or can this be fixed somehow?
    That's UT2k4's replacement names if an already used name is added as bot - in UT2k3, it was name_sucks, name_is_leet and such...

So no, it can't be fixed...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, Jamie, I appreciate it

I would like to do a human version, and if I had a choice I would have done it that way instead. I was considering getting permission from the original creator (Hide) to merge the Marygold Model's top and the Little Eris model's bottom (or just a head swap or something), but I simply didn't have time for it.

I'll try to do more skins later, when I have more free time. Maybe release some of the models I've built but could never get into UT before due to lack of experience with the engine.

I'm glad you guys seem to be receiving this one so well!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mirrored at Ut200X Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Marygold model itself should have a version with hunam legs ^^

and more human-like faces...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X