X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felina - based on Marygold model

Name: Felina Haynesworth
    Version:1.1
    Compatibility: UT2004, GeForce 3 or better recommended; some textures are not compatible with GeForce 1 and 2.
    Description: Felina is an accidental offspring between Human and Cat-race parents and a member of an underground anti-Tournament resistance force called COABEL (Civilian Opposition Against Bloodsport Entertainment Legalization). She entered the Tournament without COABEL approval with the mentality that killing all the other combatants will end the Tournaments for good. She's young, stubborn, and nieve, not great things to be when you're in an arena where everyone wants to kill you.
    Comments: This is my first skin. Well, first completed skin... started some but never finished them. Completion time is somewhere in the 60 hour range (I know, it's insane...) but I'm rather happy with the result. I haven't tested her online as I don't play online anymore (none of my group of friends even have UT2004 installed anymore ) so if you guys find any issues with her I'd like to know. The model is exactly the same as Marygold, except Felina's a little smaller in scale, done so to make her look a little less dangerous when she's side-by-side with another cat. Because of this there's a .ukx file included in the pack that needs to be installed. Teamskins are included, as are CTF4 teams. There are 3 other skins in the pack, a dark suit, a light suit, and a 'pinky' suit. There are 9 selectable variants, 16 skins total (8 head, 8 body). They are viewable in the additional screenshots link. There are some issues with the materials not working with GeForce 1 and 2 cards (too complex), but hopefully no one uses those for UT2004. :P Lastly, I know there are some people who dislike the cats and related skins, but I made this for those people who like them and wouldn't mind having more or would like a new twist on the Marygold model. Hope you enjoy her
    Screenshot:
    More shots here: http://www.theforeverproject.com/ran.../felina_final/
    Credits: Hide for the Marygold model and myself for the skin... and of course Epic, Digital Extremes, and Atari, and the folks over at SkinCity for the support while I was finishing this model up.
    Homepage: ...working on it...
    Download: v.1.1: Several mirrors at BeyondUnreal: http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...a_ut2k4_11.zip

Edited (1-6-2005): I had to replace the old version with the new version. Version 1.0 had some minor issues that needed fixing. If you already downloaded version 1.0 and didn't have any problems with it you shouldn't need to download 1.1 unless you want to be absolutely up-to-date. It just includes small fixes noted in the posts below.

Ooh that looks very nice! :up:

Downloading!
    She has really big boobs on the portraits-shot.. :bulb: Sorry, I just noticed that immediatly.

Comment

Wow man that does look really slick and I haven't seen many cool new skins around here lately so thanks for dropping that in our laps. :up:

Comment

sweet model nice job!

Comment

I need a new model if i want to run this skin?

Comment

Since he included a UKX file he apparently edited another custom model, so I doubt you need to download marygold, right?

I like the hair, very dimentional, especially over a toon face. The body colors look washed out though. I'll forever curse Epics decision to mess up the game's gamma like that.

Comment

Thanks folks, glad you like it.

Bort, you'll need a new model (not necessary if you just edit the .upl) but it's only about 700KB of extra download time if that's what you're concerned about. The rest of the 9.19KB download is texture data. The Marygold model is set at .4 for the scale, and this one is .36. I just didn't like the idea of characters that are all the same height if they look completely different.

Mr_Caravaggio, you're right, you don't need to download Marygold to use this model. I tried to make the light skins a little darker, but the gamma does fuss with it a great deal, even after the darkening. I usually set my gamma at .87 and the game still looks washed out and too bright in many spots.

Mastame:

Comment

So does that change the hit box too?

Comment

That is excellent. I have all the Marygold skins and like them, but the faces never really did it for me. This is exactly how I thought it should should look. The portraits are great too. I love the anime look of them. Very slick.

Now lets see some of those other skins that you never finished :up:

Comment

Oooh another marygold skin.

Can't have too many of those.

Oh wait, it doesn't run off marygold's model? Ahh, it's just a mod then?

Like the new hairstyle.

Edit: OMG

I love what youv'e done with team colors and the skin variations. Wish more skinners in the community did stuff like th at.

Comment

I thought that the Marygold model was great, but I like the idea of making her more human. Keep up the good work!!!:up:
                      i also have all the Marygold skins and half of the faces are decent, This one has the best face ever!

Comment

Mr_Caravaggio: Good question. As far as I can tell on this end, the collision data works the way it should. The only thing I noticed that might affect the game in any way is the Min and MaxVisBound areas haven't been changed. Other than that, you still shoot through the head of the character when trying to get a headshot (seems like this happens on the original referenced animation, too).

Thanks for the compliments, too, you guys. It really makes the release worth it

extanker: heheh... all my other skins looked like **** :P. I have some models I want to release later on (they have the crappy skins) but I'm still learning Maya so I can't get them into the game yet.

Comment

I am love!!!!!

great model!!!! Sexy Cat Woman xD

Comment

Finally tried it, as bright as it is I like the skin, but if I'll be deleting a few of the entries from the upl. The way you have it now it's just putting different colors into teams they're not supposed to be in. This is also part of the reason the tex package is 25 megs. Do your required effects really need dxt5? I don't see any gradient alpha in the hair in that pic there. To get the file size down further maybe you could release two different texture packs since some of us don't play CTF4.

Comment

There was some discussion this over at SkinCity. I ended up releasing the pack as a CTF4 compatible pack because even if I did release a CTF4 version it would end up being pretty large itself, since all 4 team colors would have to be included. What do you think about a pack that just has the basic 3 skins? Such a file would be 4MB.

I think the DXT5 on the face texture was a mistake on my part since I used the DXT5 on an alpha version of the skin. The hair was supposed to be smoothly transitioned into transparency, but for some reason it wouldn't render properly so I switched to the non-gradient method. I did a quick test to see if the compression makes any difference but there was no difference in size (DXT3 vs DXT5), which I believe is because there is no gradients in the alpha to begin with. The compressed size difference (zip) was only 1KB per texture. I should have been more careful about that, but it shouldn't have any impact on anything.

I'm a little confused by what you mean about "it's just putting different colors into teams they're not supposed to be in." Are you talking about the red hair on the blue teamskin? I did it that way to make the colors match well, as opposed to them being strictly function only. I did playtest them myself for quite a while and the red hair didn't confuse me at all because it's such a small part of the body. I tried using colored hair at first (green for green team, blue for blue team, etc), but it looked really strange to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X