Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Zombies Of Nightmare [FINAL RELEASED]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, cuz when you kill zombies in real life they... um... lets see what happened the last time I killed a zombie... sorry, that was like a week ago, on my way home from the creepy log cabin, as I was crossing the old cemetary... Wait, I do remember, he gibbed!

Comment

so ur saying the zombies explode in their own gibs after all? Not by me! And I should know! I got a lot of zombie shoot-em-ups. Resident Evil Outbreak, UT TWT_Zombies, UT2K3 Zombie Hunter and.... periodically Conker's Bad Fur Day Spooky chapter, which is rare for me.

Comment

Oh, those realities...

Actually, I wanted them to poof into dust, but I lack the skill with emmiters to get it right so I gave up... This is something that someone with some emmiter skills could certainly accomplish and it would look cool.

However, the real problem was that there was some absolutely wacky collision happening with the zombies. The big one would levitate after death and the and the crawling one would sink below the floor, this seemed less real to me than gibbing them. Not that people would care too much, but when they were used with my MonsterManager mutator and the size of the zombies was altered the sinking and levetating of all the monsters was exagerated... So I gave up...

I didn't have the source to the models so I couldn't figure out how to fix them, and to be honest even if I did I probably wouldn't have figured it out since I have never worked with that stuff before.

I suspect someone like EE could probably fix all of that in a few minutes.

Comment

I just want to rember to the community that it is possible to import new custom zombies into the mutator at a later time without recolpiling it.

Here's how you do it:

1) Subclass and compile all the zombie classes you want to.
          2) Include in the package a sub class of UpdaterZombies
          wich should look like this:

Code:
          Class UpdeterClass extends UpdaterZombies;

DefaultProperties
            {
                      newZombies(0)=...
                      newZombies(1)=...
                      newZombies(2)=...
                      newZombies(3)=...
                      newZombies(4)=...
            }
          3) Compile the packge (you need to add EditPackages=Zombies, before EditPackages=<youpackagename>!)
          4) Open the mutator options with the configure mutator button, view advanced options, and insert the ref to your UpdaterClass in the Zombies Updater edit box, then play and you'll have your new zombies imported.

Comment

OK. Everytime that I put the mut on Invasion the zombies are invisible . What am I missing here?

Comment

Working fine for me. No problems here.

Comment

I got it. Was using it as a mut instead of a gametype. DUH!!

Comment

this is great

Comment

It'd be cool if we could combine this mod with Slaughter so that we would hunt Nali, which would come back as ferocious zombies and hunt us down. I'm thinking our score would only include Nali kills or something.

Comment

Very nice, kill4. Glad to see you got the crawling zombie to work.

Comment

Thanks. If anyone has any ideas about new zombies, remember that there's the UpdaterZombie class ready to add custom zombies to the mutator.

Comment

Hi all!

Great pack !

It works fine on "instant-action", but on my dedicated server, I do not get the killing-animation - the zombies just disappear on hit !?

Am I doing something wrong ?

please, HELP !!!!!!

Comment

looks really nice and all... but 1 big zip would be preferable to several

Comment

Another Zombie concept

I'm working on a mod as part of a class project right now, and the concept behind it is this...Multiplayer, Onslaught- or CTF- style game in which, while you start out as a human player on the attacking side, you respawn as a zombie on the defending side when you die. As a zombie you can only use melee attacks, and your attributes will be changed slightly from the more realistic attributes found on the human side.

We've only just begun, and we're not even sure it can be done, as we're just learning UnrealScript, etc., but we think the concept is pretty good.

If anyone has any thoughts, input, or resources they'd like to contribute, we would be very appreciative.

Thanks...

Comment

Re: Another Zombie concept

Originally posted by BugRoach
                                I'm working on a mod as part of a class project right now, and the concept behind it is this...Multiplayer, Onslaught- or CTF- style game in which, while you start out as a human player on the attacking side, you respawn as a zombie on the defending side when you die. As a zombie you can only use melee attacks, and your attributes will be changed slightly from the more realistic attributes found on the human side.

We've only just begun, and we're not even sure it can be done, as we're just learning UnrealScript, etc., but we think the concept is pretty good.

If anyone has any thoughts, input, or resources they'd like to contribute, we would be very appreciative.

Thanks...
                                Good idea, but actually heard it before.
                                Can't remember the names of them, but there where 2 other mods/conversions using the same concept. They where arguing on who thought up the idea first.

Comment

Working...
                                X